Status: Active

Sweet Emotion

Rag doll

Today the guys are going to shoot the Rag Doll video, where I would be co-starring in. To say I was a bit nervous would be an understatement. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind to stand in the spotlights but be on international television is a whole other story all-together, especially since I know my students will be seeing it too and I sincerely hope they’re not going to recognize me.

After all, seeing their teacher in a hard-rock video would be quite shocking for them, even though they know Tom is my brother. Fortunately, Brad has calmed me down a little by telling me I’ll be wearing a wig or else I might have told my brother and our friends I wasn’t going to do this for the sake of my job.

I also decide to bring a book to the studio so that I could read a little to pass the time, since Joe and Joey both warned me that you have to wait quite a lot when you’re a co-star in a music video.

Well, they weren’t exaggerating.

At first I thought the time I had to spend waiting wasn’t that bad because I had to dance behind a white screen for one of the first scenes. (The silhouette part, if you watch the video you’ll know what I’m talking about.) That, however, was 4 hours ago and after that there was nothing I could do but read my new Anne Rice novel, talk to Eric and Kelly, who had decided to tag along and watch the guys perform.

After what felt like ages, the director walks towards me
“Look, this is going to be the last shot of today and we need someone to be a kissing partner for Steven.”

I nearly choke in my coffee. “Wait, what? I don’t know, I mean, I’ve got a boyfriend, I don’t think he’ll like it.”

“I can imagine that but this is the last shoot and there’s nobody else….so.”

I look around. Kelly, to who I had been talking to just moments ago, was gone.
I look at the guys. It’s obvious they’re tired and just want to go home, just like me.

“All right, let’s do it.”
Despite his tiredness Steven manages to give me a wink and a small grin.

“Wow, don’t get too excited. You know, if you’re uncomfortable with it and don’t want to do it we all understand it won’t be mad at you.”

“It’s ok Steven, don’t worry.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?!”

Steven and I are in the middle or our kissing scene when we hear Eric’s angry voice and break apart. He’s standing next to Kelly, who doesn’t look exactly happy either.

I ignore the whispers of my brother and our friends and walk to Eric and Kelly.

“Guys, this seriously isn’t what it looks like. They just needed a partner for the final scene. It was just an act, alright?”

“And why does being Steven’s acting partner means you had to make out with him?” Eric asks angrily.

Joe shows him filming script.

“Look this is the general idea of the story line of the video. We didn’t think it would take us this much time to make it. The record company only gave us a day to make this video, so we don’t have the time to make changes in the script.”

Giving Joe a grateful look, I continue.

“Eric, they just needed someone on the spot. Kelly wasn’t here, which made me the only female in the room, so it’s not like they had much of a choice to pick me as Steven’s kissing partner.”

When he notices Eric still looks sceptical, Steven steps forwards.

“Eric, I can understand you’re pissed off but there’s nothing going on between us, other than friendship. Besides, if we really were having a secret affair, did you really think I was going to kiss her in front of an audience?”

“Alright. But I still don’t like seeing my girlfriend and a friend of mine make out.”

I sigh. Of course Eric has a point but that doesn’t make things easier. I take a quick glance at Steven. Somehow I think times are about to change, perhaps even sooner than I expect.