Status: Updated on random occasions

The Saint of All Sinners

Overdue

I followed Stryker into a rather large but grim living room. A worn down gray couch was placed in front of a small, tired looking television set. Laying haphazardly on the sofa was a short man with closely shaved blonde hair. I couldn't see his eyes because he appeared to be in a deep sleep; a soft snore escaped his lips every few seconds. Adjacent to the living room was the kitchen, which was mostly composed of a few cabinets, a refrigerator, a small table, and tall, thin but muscular man with blonde hair leaning against the counter eating a bowl of what appeared to cereal.

The moment the man looked up from his late breakfast and his eyes met mine, realization was written on both our faces. While a bright smile was plastered on his face, mine was one of complete horror and disbelief. “Gabriele!” His voice still had the high playful tone I remembered.

“Oh, dear Lord.” My tone wasn't as excited. I hadn't laid eyes on Wade Wilson in almost twenty years, and I wanted to keep it like that. Our one mission together, which forced me to spend over a month with him in the jungles of Indonesia, had almost caused me to lose my sanity. It was the first and last time I ever worked with someone else.

Stryker, probably sensing an oncoming disruption, said, “I'll leave you two to get re-acquainted. Wade, be sure to introduce the rest of the team to Ms. Richter. I'll be back in to talk with you all in a minute.” He then disappeared out the door, leaving me with Wade and the other unknown occupants of the house.

Before I could examine the situation, Wade's arms engulfed me in a huge embrace. He was careful not to touch any exposed skin. For a brief second my feet were no longer on the ground. “Wade, “ My patience was wearing thin, “could you please let go of me.” After a moment, he finally lowered me to the ground and backed away. The sleeping man, who was now awake, and us weren't the only people in the room now.

Five new people, all men, were staring, mainly confused, at Wade and I. “Wade, what did Stryker tell you about bring hookers on to the base?” The owner of the sarcastic voice was member of the new group. The moment I laid eyes on him, I knew his profession. Even though he leaned causally against the wall with arms crossed, I could detect the subtle signs of tension in his shoulders. A similar tension had been presence in my shoulders for a long time now. And while we were safely on the base, the man, nor I, had removed the weapons off our personal.

He appeared to be of Asian decent and was the tallest member of the new group. I took few seconds to examine the rest of the men. Standing next to him was a beefy man with a bald head wearing nothing but jeans and a matching vest. Next, was a man with dark skin and even darker hair. His clothing was a bit flamboyant, which caused him to stick out from the plain surroundings. The last two had similar faces, so I assumed they were related. The bigger one had lighter hair and wore an unpleasant look on his face while his smaller relative looked rather bored. The man, who was still watching us from the couch, seemed to be the youngest of the group. His short blonde hair and blue eyes gave him a boyish appearance.

“Actually, she pays me.” Wade muttered. I gave him a hard kick to the back of knee, which he showed no signs of feeling. An awkward silence filled the air, which was broken when Stryker reentered the room. A few of the men straightened up, but most remained in their casual position. Stryker didn't seem to care as he prepared to address us.

“Men, I'd like to introduce your newest team member, Gabriele Richter. Knowing Wade, he probably hasn't taken the time to introduce you, so I'll do it. First, we have David North, more commonly known as Agent Zero - .” Stryker was unable to continue because Wade interrupted.

“No, I wanna do it. Okay, so you already Zero, next we have Fred Dukes and John Wraith. Then Victor Creed, be careful, he bites, and his brother Logan. And finally the short one is Chris Bradly.” Wade said quickly.

“Thank you, Wade, for those wonderful introductions. I hope you all show her the same respect you have shown to each other. On a less formal note, all of you are due at training, with the exception of Mrs. Richter.” Stryker announced. It was clear the guys were not fans of training. Everyone instantly go a disappointed and annoyed on their face.

“Actually, Colonel. I think I'd like to go, too.”