‹ Prequel: Oh Em Gee
Status: Only a few more chapters left.

What the Frank

New Beginnings

“Oh Frankie! I’m so happy for you!” My mother cooed as she watched Gerard and I load the last of the boxes into the back of the U-Haul container that was connected to Gerard’s car.

“You’re just happy that I’m finally leaving.” I answered back, playfully. We’d been staying at my mother’s house for the past four months, and during that time she’d gotten re-married. I didn’t want to move out just yet, but my mother needs the space now. My original plan was to move out once Gabriel was two, that way we’d probably have saved up enough money to afford a house. Moving out now meant that we only had enough money to afford a cheap apartment, with my mother’s help, of course.

My step-father, Arnold, was a very well mannered person, but not exactly eye-catching to me, though. His son, on the other hand, was a completely different story. His name was Stanley, and he was absolutely gorgeous. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love my boyfriend/ the father of my child with all of my heart, but…damn! He was tall, he had ear length brown hair, and he had the sexiest fucking abs that I’ve ever seen! Stanley and I have only talked about two or three times, and during those times, he seemed like an extremely flirtatious person. Sometimes I flirt back, but that’s only because it gives me a boost of confidence that I need every once in a while. Besides, flirting with your step-brother is harmless, right?

“I’m really going to miss you.” She said, sadly, before hugging me tightly.

“I’m going to miss you too, ma.” I really am going to miss her. I mean, who’s going to help me with Gabriel? Gerard sure as hell isn’t; he’s not good with children.

“You take good care of my boy, you understand?” My mother said to Gerard, smiling afterwards.

“Don’t worry Mrs.Iero, I will.” He said before hugging her. He then went inside and brought Gabe outside in his carrier, while my mother and I said our last goodbyes.

I sighed as we pulled out of the yard and down the street. I’m really going to miss my mother.

{An hour later…}

We pulled up in front of the apartment complex that we’d be staying in. It looked very ratty and old from the outside, and the inside didn’t look any better.

After walking up three flights of stairs, on account of the broken elevator, we finally arrived on the third floor, the floor we’d be staying on.

“12A.” Gerard said as he unlocked the door and flipped on the light, the electricity making a crackling noise.

“I’m gonna go bring some of the boxes up.”

“Okay babe.” I took Gabriel out of his carrier and cradled him in my arms as I looked around the apartment. The entire apartment was covered in this navy blue floral print wallpaper, which didn’t look so bad. What did look bad what the puke yellow colored couch in the living room.

“That’s terrible, isn’t it Gabe?” I said as his big brown eyes stared back at me, before a smile crept upon his face. Just then, Gerard hauled in two large boxes marked ‘GABE’ in big, black handwriting.

Gerard and I spent the rest of the day setting up Gabriel’s crib and changing table. Gabriel’s boxes were the only boxes that we bothered to unpack, the rest of them piled up in the living room, almost reaching the ceiling.

“I’m beat.” Gerard groaned as he flopped down on the tattered couch.

“Me too.” I said, joining him on the couch.

We slept there for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know what you're thinking "Jesus! This is the millionth time that you've rewritten this story!"
Well, this is the last time. I promise. This time I'm going to be adding more detail.
So do you like it? Comments are appreciated.