‹ Prequel: Oh Em Gee
Status: Only a few more chapters left.

What the Frank

Mollycoddle

I giggled as my mother pranced around the living room pretending to be a dinosaur. She was stomping around and saying “Roar! I’m a dinosaur!” trying to entertain Gabe. He laughed and clapped his hands and kicked his feet. He was such a cutie.

“That’s enough dinosaur for today.” My mother said once she was out of breath, and sat down on the loveseat adjacent to where I was sitting. While Gabe was still laughing, I picked him up and ticked his stomach, causing him to laugh more.

“So,” my mother said once she regained her breath.

“Are you going to talk about it?”

“Talk about what?” I said, confused.

“About Gerard.” I shook my head and sighed before laying Gabe down on the couch beside me.

“Mom, he’s out of my life forever. I never have to speak to him again.” My mother sighed as she tucked a stand of stray hair behind her ear.

“You’re going to have to talk to him sooner or later, Frank. After all, he is Gabriel’s father.” I sighed again, this time looking down at my lap.

“I know,” I said as I started to twiddle my thumbs.

“I’m just scared to talk to him.”

“Why? Are you afraid that he’s going to hit you again? I swear, Frank, if he hits you again I—“

“I…I don’t want to talk about this right now.” My mother sighed and leaned back in her hair.

“Then when?”

“Tomorrow. I promise.” My mother rolled her eyes before groaning out ‘fine’, making sure to stretch out the ‘i’. I smiled just as Gabe started to cry out. He needed a diaper change.

“Oh goodness.” I sighed out as I picked him up and carried him up the stairs.

“Does Gabe have anymore diapers?” I shouted down the stairs.

“Under the sink.” She shouted back. I put Gabe on the bathroom counter to change him. As I moved my hair away from my face, I glanced into the mirror. I traced my fingers along the imprint of the bruise on my face. It was starting to fade, but it’s probably going to be visible on my face for the rest of my life. I let out a long, depleted sigh as I changed Gabe’s diaper.

“I’d better get used to wearing concealer.” I said to Gabe, who only giggled back at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
mol·ly·cod·dle/ˈmälēˌkädl/
Verb:
Treat (someone) very indulgently or protectively.
Noun:
An effeminate or ineffectual man or boy; a milksop.
Synonyms:
verb. pamper - coddle - spoil - pet - cosset - indulge
noun. molly - milksop

Comments/subscribers/recs are welcome