‹ Prequel: Oh Em Gee
Status: Only a few more chapters left.

What the Frank

Call Me Back

{Third person’s P.O.V}

“Mom!” Frank shouted down the stairs. Mrs. Iero immediately hopped off of the couch and raced up the stairs.

“Are you pregnant?!” She shouted as she jumped up and down. Frank put his hands up to calm her down, but that didn’t work.

“I haven’t looked at it yet, that’s why I called you up here. I want us to look at it together.” Frank said, smiling, as he grabbed his mother’s hand and pulled her into the bathroom. Frank took a deep breath as he picked up the pregnancy test, not casting his eyes on the results until it was eye-level with he and his mother. Frank gasped once he saw a small pink plus sign. That meant he was pregnant.

“My baby!” Mrs. Iero shouted as engulfed Frank in a tight, sideways hug. Frank stood there, his mouth hanging open like a Neanderthal. He couldn’t believe that he was pregnant for a second time. He already had an idea that he was pregnant, but seeing the positive results of the pregnancy test solidified his beliefs. Frank was disappointed in himself, almost depressed, even. He was 16 year old high school dropout, with a son and another child on the way; that wasn’t how Frank had pictured his teenage years when he was younger.

He was freeloading off of his mother, and he barley took care of his own child—he was a loser, a creep, if you will. Frank didn’t want his life to turn out this way, but now he was in too deep. There was no turning back. He felt terrible for forcing all of his burdens on his mother, and he needed some way to make it up to her.

“Frankie?” Mrs. Iero said as she released her son from her bone-crushing hug. She’d noticed the distressed look on her son’s face, and was confused as to why it was there.

“Aren’t you happy? You’re going to have another child!” Frank sighed, as he looked down at the floor. He was happy that he was pregnant again, but where were they going to live? There’s no room for an extra child!

“I-I need a job. I need to move out.” Frank said, frantically, as he looked at his mother. Mrs. Iero was confused by her son’s words.

“Why? I’ll pay for everything!” Mrs. Iero exclaimed. Frank shook his head in protest.

“No, no. I’m the one who needs to be paying for everything. There’s no more room left in this house.” Frank said as he pushed past his mother and walked downstairs.

“Well…where are you going to go?” Mrs. Iero asked, trailing right behind him.

“I’ll get a job, work all the way through my pregnancy, and then find a cheap apartment.” Frank said as he plopped down on the couch.

“Do you really think you can do that?” Frank nodded his head in confidence.

“Of course I can do it.” Mrs. Iero sighed as she sat down beside her son.

“I’ll pay your bills and your doctor’s expenses.” Frank smiled as he turned to his mother.
“Thanks, mom.” He said before hugging her. Mrs.Iero happily hugged him back, planting a loving kiss on his cheek.

“Are you going to call Gerard and tell him about the news?” Frank sighed as he released his mother from the hug. Actually, he hadn’t even thought about factoring Gerard into the equation. He could make time for Gerard to see his kids, if he even wanted to, but he wasn’t sure. He didn’t want to see Gerard anymore, but he knew he had to. After all, he was carrying his child.

“I hadn’t really thought about it.” Frank said as she ruffled his own hair. Mrs. Iero placed a hand on her son’s back.

“Call him.” She said, in a persuading manner. Frank sighed as he reached for the phone, hesitating before picking it up. He was very nervous and uncertain about calling Gerard, but he knew he had to. He quickly dialed the number, knowing it by heart, as his mother sat beside him, monitoring their conversation.

Frank rolled his eyes as the generic answering machine message played.

“Hey, Gerard. It’s Frank. I need to tell you something important…so call me back.” Frank said before quickly hanging up the phone.

“He’s gonna call back soon.” Mrs. Iero said, before walking upstairs to take a shower. Frank sighed, picking up the phone again. He waited 10 minutes before calling Gerard again, figuring that he didn’t get the message. He proceeded to call Gerard six more times, ending every message with ‘call me back’.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't know how to end this chapter.

Call Me Back-The Strokes