‹ Prequel: Oh Em Gee
Status: Only a few more chapters left.

What the Frank

Despair

{Frank’s P.O.V}

My lip quivered as the dial tone sounded over the phone.

“You bastard!” I screamed as I threw the phone against the wall, hopefully breaking it. Thank God that I was home alone, because my mother would probably lose her mind. I wish I had Gabe here to comfort me. Watching him smile and hearing him giggle always cheered me up, but my mom took him along with her to her friend’s house to show him off.

I cried as I hugged my knees to my chest on the couch. What Gerard said really hurt me. How could he think that I would do such a thing? It’s really hard to believe that I once loved a man who would say something like that. He’s changed for the worst.

The weather must’ve been in tune with my emotions, because a loud clap of thunder shook the entire house as lightening flashed in the sky and rain poured down on the roof. I sighed, burying my face in my lap, as I listened to the rain beat against the roof. I must’ve fallen asleep, because the next thing I know, my mother was shaking me.

“What?” I mumbled as I sat up from the couch.

“You slept through that storm?!” My mother asked me, amazed. I sleepily nodded my head as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

“The streets were almost flooded!” She said as she handed me Gabe. It was then that I noticed that they were both soaking wet.

“Gabe, you’re wet!” I said as I ticked his stomach. He giggled and grabbed my finger. I watched as each of his tiny digits curled around my giant-like finger. He was so adorable.

“I’m gonna go change his clothes.” I said as I walked up the stairs.

“Have you started looking for a job?” My mom said as I reached the bottom of the stairs, fiddling with a loose string on Gabe’s shirt as he chewed on one of his toys.

“Nope.” I said as I put Gabe down on the floor, letting him play with his toy on the floor.

“And why not?” She asked as she sat down on the table, opening the paper to the ‘help wanted’ section.

“I haven’t had time.” I said as I sat down opposite her.

“You were here all day! What were you doing while I was gone?”

“I called Gerard. He actually picked up this time.”

“Oh, really? What did he say?”
“He said some…things.” I said, letting out a long sigh afterwards.

“Like what?”

“Oh nothing. Just that I’m a liar and that I’m out of his life forever.”

“That son of a bitch!” My mom said as she stood up from the table.

“I’m going over there and giving him a piece of my mind!” She shouted as she started for the door, but I grabbed her just in time.

“You can’t go over there! He’s not worth it! We’re out of each other’s lives forever!” I said, trying to stop her.

“Fine. I won’t go.” She said, calmly.

“Thank you.” I breathed out. God, sometimes I swear my mother turns into the incredible hulk.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't want to post this. A certain person (you know who you are!) made me do it.