‹ Prequel: Oh Em Gee
Status: Only a few more chapters left.

What the Frank

Invitation

{Third person’s P.O.V}

“Shit.” Gerard muttered, pulling his hands up from the confines of his comforter to rub the sleep from his eyes. His alarm clock just sounded off, its brassy tune ringing in his ear. The noise sounded louder today; Gerard had a hangover. He’d been heavily drinking on the previous day.

Gerard quickly slapped the alarm clock to the ground, the metal contraption hitting the floor with a loud thud. He didn’t know if he had broken it, but he didn’t care either. He pulled the comforter back, a cool breeze hitting his legs and torso. He swung his legs over the edge of the bed, kicking the tiny, now-silent mechanism over to the other side of the room. He braced himself as he stood up, instantly feeling dizzy.

Gerard groaned loudly as he made his way to the bathroom to shower. He realized that he would have to go to work soon. He regretted drinking so much the day before, but he felt like he needed it.

Shortly after showering, dressing, and brushing his teeth, Gerard made himself a much needed cup of coffee. The coffee made him feel slightly better; it took the edge off of his hangover. After finishing his coffee, Gerard disposed of the empty mug in his sink before made his way to work.

“Way!” His boss, Angelino, shouted at him as he entered the building. He worked at an old comic book store. His job didn’t pay much, but it was just enough for him to pay rent and buy alcohol with.

“You’re late!” His croaky voice echoed throughout the building. Gerard checked his watch, realizing that he was only two minutes late. He rolled his eyes before apologizing. Gerard went into the break room to clock in. While in the room, he heard his boss’s footsteps growing closer.

“If you keep comin’ in late, you’re going to be fired.” Angelino croaked out, his thick New Jersey accent making it hard to understand him at times. Gerard nodded his head, having heard that speak millions of times. If Gerard was late, even by one half of a minute, he would be scolded.

“Gia is out sick; you’ll have to take the front desk. Is that all right with you?” Angelino asked, sarcastically.

“Yes sir.” Gerard said, growing angrier with every second. Angelino always had a certain tone in his voice whenever he spoke to Gerard; he was always patronizing him. Sometimes, Gerard felt like punching Angelino right in the mouth; the short, old man wouldn’t know what hit him.

Gerard sighed as he tapped his fingers against the cool, marble counter. He’d been standing at the counter for about an hour, with nothing to do. There wasn’t much business that day. He took out a comic book that he’d stashed under the counter and started reading. A few customers had entered the store, but Gerard was too enthralled in his comic to notice.

Gerard?” A voice, familiar to Gerard, had said. Gerard quickly looked up, smiling at his old friend.

“Bert!” He said before hugging him over the counter. They were so happy to see each other; they hadn’t spoken singe Gerard dropped out of high school. Gerard grinned as he gazed at his friend’s smiling face. Bert had changed since he’d last seen him; he now had tattoos, longer hair, and he’d gained a little weight.

The pair talked for a few minutes, before Angelino nudged Gerard in the side, signaling that he should get back to work.

“I’ve got to get back to work.”Gerard said, sadly, causing Bert to frown.

“Oh...Well, I’m throwing a party later tonight, and I was hoping you could come over. You still remember where I live, right?” Gerard nodded his head.

“Sure, I’ll be there.” After the two friends said their goodbyes, Gerard rung up the other customers as Angelino lectured him about focusing on his job.
♠ ♠ ♠
That chapter was original supposed to be about Frank.