‹ Prequel: Oh Em Gee
Status: Only a few more chapters left.

What the Frank

Park

{Third person's P.O.V}

“Ready, sweetheart?” Frank asked his smiling son as he slipped his sneaker onto his chubby little foot. Frank was very nervous about letting Gerard spend the day with Gabe. Gerard’s personality has completely changed. For all Frank knew, he could’ve become some sort of psycho serial killer—but that’s unlikely. Something about him has changed though, but Frank couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

An abrupt knock on the door shook Frank out of his thoughts. It was only then that he’d realized that he’d been staring at the wall like an idiot. Frank hoisted Gabe up on his side as he opened the door. Gerard stood there, smiling, his greasy black hair resting on top of his large sunglasses. He was hiding the evidence from last night—the bloodshot eyes. He’d been drinking out of nervousness.

“Hi!” Gerard said, sounding overly-peppy as he tried to hide the pain of seeing Frank again. As if the hangover wasn’t enough….

“Hey.” Frank said, flatly. He wasn’t happy about the situation at all, though he was happy about Gerard actually wanting to see his child, which is something that couldn’t be said for most. Frank passed his child to the taller man as he grabbed Gabe’s diaper bag from beside the door.

“All his stuff is in here.” He said dryly. The situation turned awkward after Gerard replied with a quiet “oh”. They stared at each other, waiting for the other person to say something. Maybe tell a clichéd joke, or confess their love for each other…

“Yeah…so…I’ll see you later?” Frank said, trying to get himself out of this painfully awkward situation as fast as possible. Gerard nodded his head, not expecting, or hoping, for Frank to say that. It was completely unreasonable for Gerard to even think about Frank wanting to take him back after all of the things that were said.

“Bring him back by 6.” Frank said, sternly, hoping that Gerard would get the point. He was never on time for anything. They both said their goodbyes before Frank sadly shut the door, wishing that he’d never handed Gabe off to Gerard. He knew that nothing would happen, but in the back of his mind the lingering thought was always there.

“We’re gonna have fun today.” Gerard said as he stuck the key into the ignition, as if Gabe would respond to him. The babbling 6 month old stared out of the window as the car barreled down the street.

Gabe stared at all the beautiful pastel-colored flowers and butterflies as Gerard bounced him on his knee, leaning his back against the harsh curve of the rusting park bench. Gerard people-watched as the sat there in silence. There really aren’t many options when it comes to spending time with a 6 month-old.

“What time is it?” Gerard muttered to himself as he fish around in his jacket pocket for his phone. It was only 2.

Four more hours.

Gerard let out a lengthy sigh as he stared at the baby perched on his knee. What could he do to pass the time? The baby seemed to be having fun sucking on its fingers and grabbing at the butterflies that flew just out of his reach, but what would entertain Gerard?

Talking to the baby seemed to be a good idea.

At first, he started out with general baby questions. “So, how’s it going? Are you having fun?” This continued for a while, Gerard earning gurgles and loud baby-talk back. Then, as if a sudden wave of emotion hit him, he started to pour his heart out. He discussed his problems, his shortcomings, his addictions with this child. Even though he was technically talking to himself, he felt a huge weight lift off of his shoulder, as if some sort of wise words were to be decoded from Gabriel’s “words”.
♠ ♠ ♠
I cannot believe that it's been 6 months since I've updated this story! Time just slipped away from me!
I know that this chapter is extremely boring--and I'm sorry. I'm still trying to get the hang of writing again.
Hopefully, I'll have written the next chapter by next week.
Comments are appreciated! <3