‹ Prequel: Close to Nothing
Status: DONE :] w00t.

More Than Anything

It's You

I rubbed my temple gently. I forgot the last time I had been so frustrated. How was I supposed to find a banquet hall for 200-something people for only $2700? And she wanted all kinds of fancy French food there. I sighed in frustration.

“What’s wrong Eleanora?” Julie asked me from her desk out in the front.
“This woman’s ridiculous, I’m not going to be able to satisfy all her damn needs, I just might need to drop her,” I explained.
“Then why don’t you? We’ve already got two weddings besides hers to plan,” Julie replied. I nodded to myself and turned around in swivel chair, facing the glass back wall. Behind me I heard footsteps. They were unfamiliar.

“Hello, I’m looking for Eleanora Shaw, the wedding planner?” I heard an oddly familiar voice say. I frowned to myself. I wasn’t in the mood for anyone right now, Julie would deal with it. I heard Julie stutter a bit.

“Oh... of course, her office is right there, down the hall,” I heard her answer. I let out an unhappy sigh. I made a mental note to harass Julie later as the person stepped into my office and asked, “Ms.Shaw?”

I swiveled around in my chair to face the person. The ‘hello’ I was about to say got caught in my throat.
In front of me was standing the absolutely gorgeous, breathtaking Rosalie. She looked equally surprised.

“Eleanora? It’s you?” she asked me with a dazzling smile. I hesitantly smiled back at her and stood up. She enveloped me in a hug. I hugged her back tensely.
“Wow, so you’re the best wedding planner around here, huh?” she asked me as she and I sat down in our chairs. I smiled back.
“Guess so.”
“I just can’t believe it’s you,” she continued, running a hand through her perfect hair. “You left Forks so quickly; Emmett said you couldn’t take living in Forks anymore.” This was what I was afraid. I knew she would start accusing me now. I just wondered how quickly she’d keep up this whole friendly charade.
“I understand you of course,” she said and I raised my eyebrows. “Forks is so….boring, there’s absolutely nothing to do there, Edward said that you were almost going crazy from boredom and that you had been thinking about it for a while.”
“That’s what he said?” I asked, not believing my ears.
“Well yeah, is there something more?” she asked me curiously. I shrugged.
“My brother needed some help at the moment,” I lied easily to her and she nodded. She looked around my office and I saw her eyes land on a photo album.
“Those are all the weddings that you’ve done?” she asked me. I nodded and handed her the album.
“So you’re getting married?” I asked her curiously. If I had a heart it’d be pounding madly. The little bubble of hope inside me was growing rapidly.
Rosalie laughed.
“Well technically I am already married but I never got to plan the wedding by myself, it’s always Alice who got to do the fun part,” she said with a laugh. I nodded, waiting for her to continue.
“Emmett thinks it’s ridiculous obviously, but you’re a woman, you understand me,” she said and smiled at me. I forced a smile back. Of course I knew how wonderful it must be to walk down the aisle toward Emmett. She let out a tiny gasp and shook her head.

“I’m so stupid, I didn’t even ask, will you do it? Will you help me with the wedding?” she asked me with a glamorous smile.

I though quickly. I’ll say no, I’ll say I’ve got loads of other weddings to do. I’ll recommend her some other planners farther away from here. I’ll say that King Rupert isn’t the best place. Yes, that’s what I’ll do.

I gave her a small smile that I hoped didn’t look too sad.

“Yes, I’ll do it.”

Well damn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for the comments, you guys!
Hope you like this part
As always comments are most welcomed =]