‹ Prequel: Close to Nothing
Status: DONE :] w00t.

More Than Anything

Same Scent

I looked at my reflection and smiled. I looked good but not too good. The number one rule at weddings is not to look better than the bride. The short chiffon dress I chose was flattering on me. I loved how the burst of fuchsia at the empire waist added some color.

Christopher came up behind me, fiddling with his tie. He looked frustrated.
“Lose the tie, Chris,” I suggested and he gave me a wink as he tossed it on my bed. He stood back, took my hand and gave me a twirl.
“You know if you weren’t my sister…” he trailed off and I punched his shoulder with a laugh. He rolled his eyes.
“Very ladylike,” he commented.
We got into the car and Christopher let out a sigh,
“Ready to face hell?” he asked me with a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The wedding was going well. Lauren and her husband Mark were radiant and every bit the perfect couple. The party was in full bloom. Everyone was enjoying themselves, even Christopher.

I was standing by the food, swaying gently to the sweet music that was coming out of the speakers. I saw Lauren make her way to the DJ and ask for the microphone.
“Okay guys, I’ve got a few works for all of you,” she said to the loud crowd which gradually quieted down.
“Alright, I think a very special person deserves to be acknowledged here today,” she said and looked straight at me. “Eleanora, why don’t you come up here?” I shook my head but walked up to her nevertheless.

“This beautiful girl has kept me together through the whole planning process, she went to me to the shop to get my dress fixed about 50 times, she assured me that everything would go by smoothly, she had everything done on time,” Lauren explained to the hundreds of watching eyes. “Guys this is Eleanora Shaw, my wedding planner, I think she deserves some applause!” The crowd broke out into polite applause and I heard Christopher let out a loud ‘woo’! He had an arm around one of the bridesmaids I believe.
“And she’s single you guys!” Lauren added and I heard some men cheer. If I could blush, I’d be red as a tomato. I got of the podium with Lauren who proceeded to give me a hug. She let go quickly.
“You’re so cold Eleanora, you okay?” she asked me with a concerned look on her face. I shrugged.
“I’m not feeling too well, I might go home now,” I lied to her and she nodded.
“Well feel better and thanks again for everything,” she said and I saw her disappear into the crowd.
I found Christopher and told him I’m going home.
“I’m taking the car, alright?” I asked him and he nodded. He wasn’t even paying attention for all the fun he was having. I grinned to myself and left.

As I got out of the car I felt a scent hit me. The same scent Christopher and I felt the other day. It was so strong I was sure the intruder was still inside my house. I moved quietly to the door and opened it lightning fast. It was pitch black but I just had enough time to see a large figure jump out my window. I bolted right after it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next update will be interesting =]
And it's thanks to darkpixie that you're getting this update
=D