‹ Prequel: Close to Nothing
Status: DONE :] w00t.

More Than Anything

Truce

Rosalie couldn’t understand the way Emmett and I acted toward each other. The first day she came with him I was cool, poised and collected. I shook his hand firmly and then turned to Rosalie to discuss the wedding. Not once did I stray off topic. I completely ignored him even though he made many attempts to talk to me. He once dared to come to my house but Christopher quickly kicked him out.

Christopher was just as clueless as Rosalie about our situation. He didn’t even know why I asked him to kick Emmett out. I wasn’t going to explain to anyone; I didn’t want to. It would raise too many questions.

I tapped my foot impatiently on the hard wood floor. This was the part that I greatly disliked: dancing lessons. Rosalie wanted to perform a dance with Emmett on her wedding. I thought she’d just make it up and they’d practice at home seeing as Rosalie is good at everything really. But of course, Rosalie hired the most expensive choreographer and had him make up a dance that right now, we had to practice. I don’t know why Rosalie wanted me to be here.

Christopher sat cross-legged on the floor, leaning on the wall. He came everywhere that I went or so I thought. Actually he had a habit of following me everywhere. He said he was helping me; I said he was full of shit. He was trying to get Rosalie on his side even though I didn’t even ask him.

I looked up as Rosalie and Emmett walked in. Rosalie had a frown on her features.
“What’s up Rose?” I asked her and she shook her head.
“It’s nothing, Emmett’s acting like a child; he doesn’t want to dance,” she said. I turned around so they wouldn’t see my smirk. He, who always danced with me in Forks, didn’t want to dance.

I turned on the CD player and turned around. ‘Parachute’ by Cheryl Cole began to play. Rosalie’s face immediately lit up. She dropped her bag by the doorway and walked into the center of the dance floor with Emmett dragging her feet behind her.

I watched with amusement as they got all the steps wrong, as their bodies swayed out of tact with the music. Rosalie was getting more frustrated every minute.

“Stop, that’s it!” she yelled at one point and turned off the music. She placed a hand on her hip and glared at Emmett.

“What’s wrong with you Emmett? Don’t give me crap about not knowing how to dance,” she snapped at him and he shrugged. Rosalie shook her head and went to sit down by Christopher.
“Eleanora, try dancing with Emmett, maybe you’ll be able to teach him,” Chris called slyly from his spot. My eyes snapped up to meet Emmett’s. He took a step toward me. I let out a frustrated sigh and came up to him. Rosalie turned on the music and we danced. Every step was well-matched and close to perfect. Emmett led and I followed. We danced silently for the first few minutes. He glanced at Rosalie, who was busy laughing at something Christopher said, and then turned to me.
“Why do you act so cold toward me?” he asked me lightly, dipping me to the floor. I frowned.
“I don’t want to discuss this with you,” I replied as he brought me up. I didn’t even have to think about the dance steps as we glided around the dance floor.
“I apologized for my words,” he said lightly.
“Well gee, thanks SO much!” I said sarcastically. Emmett sighed.
“You don’t realize that you hurt me with your words when you left,” he pointed out and I felt guilt stab at me but I hid it.
“Oh yes, because you were SO hurt by my words,” I said, sarcasm dripping off every word.
“I was,” he said simply as he twirled me. I stayed silent as the song was coming to an end.
“I want to call a truce,” he offered and I looked up into his eyes for the first time. I struggled not to get lost in them.
“Let’s start all over, as friends at least,” he offered just as the song ended. He let go of me and I removed my hands from his massive arms. He stuck a hand out to me. I looked at him and then at his hand.
I sighed and put my hand into his. He shook it with a wide smile.
I could never stay mad at him for long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hokay so. First of all thanks for those comments =]\
At least I know people are enjoying it.
Now, I've been thinking: what do you guyes want? A happy or sad ending? Becuase currently I'm not sure what to write so it's pretty much up to you.
=]