Status: --- Hiatus ---

It's Just Our Fate

The Plaza

Jackson was at Rudy’s gathering all the information he needed for his new target. All he knew about the target was that he was scamming some of the mob bosses. “Anyway he’ll be going to the plaza tonight, so you should find it easily.”, Rudy said as he smoked a cigar.

Jackson nodded as he put some more bullets and a few extra guns into his bag. “Just one hit right?”, he said as he continued to put things in his bag. Rudy sat in his chair watching Jackson, “You’re only getting paid for the one guy, don’t make extra kills to cause a scene.” Jackson nodded his head and waved a goodbye as he left Rudy’s place. He opened up the car door, tossing the bag in the back. It wasn’t any fancy car, just a camaro. He turned the music off in the car and zoomed off to try and make it home.

Lily had gone to visit her father who lived about an hour away from them, she seemed so excited. He stopped at a red light and looked at the keychain hanging from the rearview mirror. It was a picture of Lily and Jackson from a festival they had went to. Lily kissed Jackson’s cheek, his grin big, it was the first night they had been together.

The light turned green and Jackson floored it wanting to reach home. Lily would be home that night, or at least the next day. He wanted to make her dinner before she got there, being that she would call him telling whether she would be home or not. She kept saying her father had a surprise for her, but wouldn’t tell her what.

Once home Jackson opened up the door tossing the bag onto the couch. Max rolled on the floor as the TV blared something going on. Jackson opened up the fridge and pulled out a beer then sat down on the couch watching TV.

It was a full two hours before his cell phone rang, making him dash from his pull-ups and answer it. “Hello,” he said out of breath. “Hey babe!”, Lily said happily. Jackson sat down on the arm rest of the sofa, “Hey baby, how’s everything going?” She giggled a bit, talking to someone in the background, “Oh It’s great! Daddy is taking me out somewhere special tonight, so I don’t think I’ll be home.”

Jackson looked over to the kitchen, seeing the various pots and pans that he merely just set out there not knowing which to use, “Oh, that’s alright.” He said gratefully. “I’ll be home first thing tomorrow morning though. I miss you, Jack.”, she whimpered playfully into the phone. He smiled, wiping sweat from his forehead, “I miss you too baby.” There was a voice in the background and a sudden boom of laughter, “Alright hun, I have to go now. I’ll see you tomorrow. Love you!”

He laughed a little, listening to her, “I love you too, stay safe.” He clicked his phone shut, laughing to himself and continued to do his pull-ups.

-At the Plaza-
There were many people in tuxedo’s and gowns going inside of the big hall. Jackson had snuck into it as a waiter and watched carefully about for his target. He would be wearing a red ribbon on his Tuxedo, and that’s all he needed to know about it.

Jackson stayed hidden, knowing that even here, someone could recognize him from anywhere. It wasn’t the best idea to be a waiter, but it was the only way he could get close enough for a shot.

The plan was that when the man went out to give his acceptance speech for his company, Jackson would take the shot. It was all too simple and he wanted to be done with it so he could go back home and wait for Lily.

The announcement was made for everyone to be seated, and Jackson took his place in the far back where no one could see him. He had already readied his gun, all he need now was the guy to just show up.

A women named Claire Hailbern was announced to come up and announce the man. She stood up, a women in her mid fifties, and walked to the podium, her soft blue dress following. “Good evening ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered together to recognize a colleague, and dear friend. He has struggled and fought with his company to help the fight with Health Care by opening up various hospitals and creating numerous organizations to help those in need. It is my honor to introduce to you Mr. Arnold Baxter.”

The audience roared as the man took the stage, shaking hands to each of his colleagues and finally giving a hug to Ms.Hailbern. Jackson stood in shock, this couldn’t be happening. The target was Lily’s father…The target was Lily’s father.

He shook it off as best he could and tried to get himself ready again.
“One shot..”, he whispered to himself, “One shot.”
Mr. Baxter stood at the podium and smiled to the audience, “I would like to thank all my colleagues for granting me the opportunity to have such an award but I would like to thank the woman who gave me the strength to continue to fight for this.”
Jackson slowly took aim, cocking the gun, and readied himself to take the shot and leave within the crowd. It was only one shot, that’s all it was, just one shot.

“She has been an inspiration to me, for as long as I can remember. Ladies and gentlemen please help me introduce, my daughter and my heart, Lily Baxter.”
The crowd stood and cheered as Lily stepped up the steps, shaking the hands of her fathers colleagues and standing at the podium with him.

Jackson lowered his gun immediately once he heard her name. He couldn’t do this. He couldn’t do it.

He watched as Lily smiled and thanked everyone for awarding this to him, about how proud she was to have such an honorable father. Jackson swallowed hard as he listened to her. This couldn’t be happening. How could he get this target?

“Once again, Thank you my friends.”, Mr. Baxter said as he rose his award and led Lily off the stage, heading back to their table. Jackson grabbed his things and ran out of the plaza, not stopping until he reached his car and spun off.

How!? How could Rudy set him up to kill his own girlfriend’s father? He hit the wheel over and over, full of anger. He just let the target go, Rudy would kill. But how could he do this? Why would he?

Jackson spun the car around and headed toward Rudy’s house. This wasn’t a phone call he would be able to make, this was something that had to be discussed face to face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh, intense XD
I think this was my favorite so far, raise your hand if its yours too..
^0.0

Comment? ^-^