Status: --- Hiatus ---

It's Just Our Fate

Invitations

(Lily’s POV)

I put my folders back into my bag as the students left the class room. “Later Ms. B!”, one of the students said as they passed by. “Have a good lunch.”, I said smiling as I picked my bag up and headed out. I was glad that I only had to sub for two classes, I wanted to get home and just lounge about. I waved goodbye to the staff in the office and walked down the steps, onto the sidewalk, making my way home. I decided not to take the car today since it was so nice out for February.

I looked across the street seeing the local Starbucks and quickly walked across to get to it. It wouldn’t be so bad to treat myself a little. Surprisingly, there wasn’t a long line which made me grateful to be out of work so early. I pushed my bangs out of my face and waited patiently. As the line quickly moved up, I suddenly felt as if someone was watching me.

I turned my head and saw a man sitting near the window and staring directly at me. He took a sip from his cup and winked as a small smile came across his face. I sighed and just turned back around, I wasn’t going to let some perv ruin my day.

“Well, Hey there Lily! What will you have today? The usual?”, Greg said. He was a young guy, no older than about nineteen, who always was the cashier. Cute? Yes, but incredibly gullible. “The usual would be just fine.”, I said smiling. He smiled back as he called out the ordered.

“So how are things with you?” he asked, leaning on the counter. I shrugged a bit, adjusting the bags strap on my shoulder, “Everything is pretty good.” Greg nodded a bit, fixed his cap, “Still have that boyfriend?” I smiled, trying not to laugh and just nodded.

He sighed and grabbed his heart dramatically, “Your killin` me here, Lily.” I laughed as the young girl came and set the coffee on the counter. “Thanks,” I said. She gave me a small smile and went back to where she was before. I picked up the cup and set the money on the counter, “Have a nice day, Greg.”

He laughed a little, “You too, Lily.” I walked out of the Starbucks, glancing back at where the man I saw before was, low and behold, he was watching me as I passed.
I sipped on the coffee as I finally reached the crosswalk, waiting for it to allow me to move across, shifting from one foot to the other in the small crowd. I turned my head for a moment just to glance around – and saw the same man from the Starbucks, walking towards me, his eyes locked on mine.

I start walking already, and just my luck, the light turns green as if on my command. I decided to just sip my coffee and walk as fast as I could back to the apartment. I pulled my phone out of my bag’s side pocket and dialed for Jackson.

It rang three times before it went into the voicemail box,

“Reed. Leave a message.”

I sighed a bit, watching my surroundings lightly as I continued on the walk home, “Hey it’s me, just wanted to call and see what you’re up to. I guess I’ll just talk to you once your home. I love you.” I flipped it shut and put it back in the pocket as I turned the corner to our street.
I sighed relieved as I walked down the street and up the steps to the apartment. I let the doors fall shut behind me and took the main stairs up two at a time. I finally reached my door, shoving the key in quickly, and hurried myself inside. I shut the door behind me, listening to the jingling growing louder from the back.

“Maxxy!”, I yelled as he jumped up my legs. I put my bag down by the door and started to take off my jacket as I walked to the bedroom. Max followed close behind as I tossed the clothes on the bed. I opened up my closet as Max jumped on the bed, getting comfortable and laying down, as he watched me.

I pulled out some sweats and a t-shirt and changed quickly, pulling my hair up in a ponytail to finish it off. “Come on, Max.” I called over my shoulder as I left the room, heading for the living room. He followed, his collar echoing his movement, as I sat on the couch and he jumped up next to me.

After sitting watching TV for the next two hours, a knock came at the door. I muted the television and walked the door, stretching as I went. I looked through the peephole but didn’t see anyone. “Who’s there?” I asked.

No one answered.

I opened the door slowly, my eyes looking around for a moment until someone jumped out from the hall, “BOO!” Claire yelled. I jumped back, cursing underneath my breath, “You can be such a bitch sometimes.” She laughed and winked as she pushed past me to get inside.
“You love me, so shut the hell up!” she said, throwing her coat over the back of the couch. Max grumbled and fell back asleep where he was, ignoring Claire. “I came to get Darren’s things, if that’s okay?”, she said. I nodded and quickly got it out of the hallways closet.

I brought the heavy box back to her, “Here you go.” She smiled taking it and then placing it on the floor, “So how are you and Jacky-boo?” I cringed as she said his name like that, “You know he hates when you call him that.” She smiled and winked again, trying to contain her laughter. “He’s doing fine. We’re fine.”, I said sighing. She leaned an arm onto the couch, pushing her body weight on it, “So tell me, it’s been what ten months now? And not only has he not met your father, he hasn’t even tried to propo-“ I held up my hand infront of her face and turned serious, “Don’t. Lecture.”

She rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms, straightening up, “Well, com’on Lil, don’t you think it’s a bit strange?” I shook my head at and sigh, tightening my ponytail, “It’s really not a big deal.” A car honked outside vigorously making the girls turn their heads to the door. “Darren seems to agree with me.” I said smiling. Claire rolled her eyes as she quickly shrugged her jacket back on, “Fine, you get out of it this time,” she said as she picked up the box, “but we are finishing this discussion.”

I went back to the couch, snagging up the phone as I sat down, as I thought about what Claire had said. Bringing Jack to see my father was tough enough to talk about; I didn’t even want to start thinking about what he would do or say if I asked about Marriage. I tossed the phone from one had to the other and then quickly dialed in Jack’s number. The phone only rang once until I hung it back up. I was being ridiculous; this was something we should talk about in person.

I shook the thought that Claire had so expertly implanted into my brain and decided to continue to watch TV until Jack returned.

An hour and a half passed when the phone rang. I picked it up in a hurry, smiling as I answered it, “Jack?!” I could hear people laughing and glasses clanking, it sounded like a party was going on, “Lily, dear? Is that you?” I sighed and sank back into the couch, “Oh, Hi Rudy. Sorry I thought you were Jack.” He laughs loudly, “Aw, that’s alright dear.”

I smiled a bit hearing his voice, he was such a kind man, “Well if you’re calling for him, he isn’t here. I haven’t been able to reach him all day.” He laughed once more, though seemed not towards our conversation but the one he was involved with someone else, “Oh yes, well he is one busy man! But I was actually calling for you.”

“Me?”, I questioned. He slurped up a drink, cleared his throat, and laughed, “Yes, you! I’ve snagged up an extra pair of tickets to the opera, a little birdy told me that you love them, and so I thought, ‘Why not take the most lovely lady to this event?’” I laughed in shock, “Oh, Rudy that would be wonderful! I’m sure Jack would love to as well!”

Rudy let out another laugh, “Splendid, simply splendid, my dear! You just tell old Jack about it all, and give me a ring later!” I smiled, laughing a little, “You got it. Bye now.” He laughed as he hung up the phone, the sweet and funny old man.

I began to pet Max’s fur and think of what to wear to the opera. Only 20 minutes later from the call with Rudy, did Jack come walking through the door. I jumped up from the couch and pull him into a hug, “I’ve missed you.”

He held me close, kissing my neck and breathing deeply, “I missed you too.”He kisses her quickly on the lips and smiles, “Today was rather aggravating, it’s always great to come back home to you.” I smiled at him and kissed him gently, “Welcome home.” He smiled and quickly kissed my forehead as he let go and made his way to the kitchen, “Anything new happen with you?”

I followed him and leaned on the door frame to the kitchen, “Oh, Rudy called.” Jackson picked up an apple and took a bite out of it, “What for?” I smiled a bit watching him, “He got two extra tickets to the opera and wants us to go. I really think we should, it’d be fun.” He takes another bite out of his apple and winks at me, “You just wanna torture me, don’t you?”
I laughed at him and pouted, “Please… You know how much I’ve wanted to go to the opera house!” He smiled and nodded, “Alright, Alright, let’s go.” I smiled, jumping slightly as an idea came into my head, “Oh! I can wear that dress you bought for me in Italy!” He laughed and tossed the apple into the trash can, “Wonderful.”

He came up to me quickly, picking me up by my thighs, “Let’s celebrate.” He carried me effortlessly into the bedroom, laying me down on the bed as he trailed kisses down my neck. “Celebrate, what?”, I giggled. He looked up at me, making a face as if he was thinking, “That we’re finally going to the opera.” He pulled my shirt up a little, kissing my stomach, “It’s a wonderful occasion.” I laughed, pulling his face back up to mine, “It is, but I’m tired.” I say, kissing his lips.
He rose an eyebrow at me, smirking, “You, my fair lady, are a terrible liar.”
(End of Lily POV)

-Later on-
Lily and Jackson laid naked beside one another; Jackson laying on his side, his head propped up by his hand leaning on his elbow and Lily laying on her stomach with her arms crossed and her head on top of them.

Jackson ran his free hand up and down her spine slowly, “Anything else happen today?” Lily shut her eyes as she thought, “Oh, Claire came by to get Darren’s stuff.” He laughed a bit, “They good again?” Lily smiled and let out an, “Mhm.” Jackson leaned down and kissed her shoulder gently, “That’s good.”

Lily opens her eyes slightly and stares out in front of her, “What do you think about…Marriage?” His hand stopped trailing her spine for a moment and slowly picked up speed again, “I’d like to be married one day.” Lily smiled slightly, “Yeah?” He nodded, “Yeah…but I want us to wait a little.. just let things come as they are, you know?” Lily smiled and looked up at him, “I think that’s perfect.”

Jackson kissed her head and smiled, “Good.” She tilted her head, to lay on her arms, “The opera should be fun.” Jackson laughed again, “Well when the fat lady sings, we are outta there.” Lily laughed and smacked his arm as they both continued to talk for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :3