Status: --- Hiatus ---

It's Just Our Fate

Accusations

Jackson pulled up to The Baxter home and quickly got out as he raced up the steps. He banged on the door profusely, yelling out for Lily in desperation. Maxwell opened the door quickly, “He’s been waiting for you.” Jackson pushed past him as he went through to the dining room and quickly entered into the living room. Mr. Baxter sat in a leather lounge chair while Lily sat in the sofa.

Lily stood up quickly as she raced over to Jackson, wrapping her arms around his neck, “Jack!” He held her tightly, kissing her head, “I’m here, don’t worry.” They let one another go as they stood before her father. “Tell her the truth.” Mr. Baxter said as he stared at Jackson. Lily put an arm around the side of his waist as she leaned into him. Jackson put his arm protectively around her, “What are you talking about?” Mr. Baxter slammed his fist on the arm of the chair, “You tell her what you do for a living, now!”

Lily pushed her face into the side of Jackson’s chest, crying, “I work for a computer company, I’m their representative.” Mr. Baxter stood up swiftly, “Bullshit! You know what I’m talking about! You tell her the damn truth!” Lily looked over to her father, “Daddy, what are you talking about? Jackson’s telling the truth!” Jackson pulled Lily closer to him, “I don’t know how many drinks you’ve had, sir, but this is beyond ridiculous.”

Mr. Baxter quickly charged towards them trying to pull Lily away from Jackson. “Daddy, stop!” Lily yelled. Jackson held onto Lily as he punched her father with his free arm. Mr. Baxter fell to the ground holding his bleeding nose as he looked up at them. Lily started to sob more as she looked down at her father. Maxwell, hearing the commotion, ran into the room and over to Mr. Baxter, “Sir!” Mr. Baxter slapped away Maxwell as he tried to help him up, “Get the fuck off of me!”

Jackson slowly pushed Lily behind him trying to protect her from the fighting. “He’s a killer, Lily! He’s a damn killer! You have to stay away from him!” Mr. Baxter yelled. Maxell looked over to Jackson and Lily, his eyes torn as to what to do. “The only thing anyone has killed is your relationship with your daughter.” Lily said between small sobs. Mr. Baxter stared over to her, his eyes softening, “Lily..”

“We’re done here.” Jackson said as he pulled Lily away from the room. The left the house as the other maids and butlers came from their rooms. “Keep him away from alcohol.” Jackson said to one of them as he passed. They left the house and went into the car as Jackson ran around to the driver’s side. Mr. Baxter came running out of the house as he watched Jackson get in, “You’re a murderer! He’s a murderer, Lily!” Jackson quickly sped off away from the house and shrieks of Mr. Baxter.

-The Apartment-
Once home in their apartment, safe in their bed, Lily sat with her back up against the wall and arms around her knees holding them to her chest. Jackson came in the room holding a cup of coffee as he set it on the nightstand beside her. He sat in front of her, one leg beside her and the other hanging off the edge, as he placed his hands on her arms. Lily didn’t move an inch. The large sweater Jackson gave her to wear was beginning to fall off her shoulders as she stared at her knees.

Jackson pulled the sweater over her shoulder and rubbed it softly, “Lily, you’ve got to talk to me.” He whispered. She shut her eyes for a moment as she swallowed. He moved closer to her, almost sitting on top of her small feet, rubbing his hands from her arms to the top of her shoulders. “Baby…”, He whispered softly. She let out a long breath as she looked up at him slowly, “What did he mean when he said ‘you’re a killer’.” Jackson continued to rub her arms and shook his head, “I have no clue, baby.”

She looked back down at her knees, shutting her eyes, as she breathed. He put his hand under her chin, making her look at him, “He was drunk, Lily. He was drunk and he said some crazy shit. That’s all, okay?” The rims of her eyes were red, her green eyes tired, from crying as she kneeled and wrapped her arms around him. He rubbed her back, tightening his arms around her, “It’s okay baby, It’ll be okay.” She sobbed into his shirt heavily, her body beginning to tremble.

Jackson sat up straighter as he kissed her head, “Baby, stop… Please, you’re shaking…” She couldn’t do anything else but cry. It was a rush of confusion, nothing was making any sense, but Jackson coaxed her until she fell asleep. Wondering what the next day would bring for them.

-Next Day-
The sun shined dimly through the apartment as the cars passed and the wind blew on the outside. Jackson and Lily still laid in bed as the city around them came back to life. Lily slept soundly, her slow breathing giving her a small sense of peace. Jackson let his chin rest softly on her shoulder as he pulled her closer to him. He shut his eyes and breathed in her scent as he thought of the hole he had put himself further into.

Things were going to get uglier, he knew that much, and quickly. He rubbed his thumb on her wrist as he watched her sleep. He would have to leave for a job in a few days and that would create more tension. He let out a breath of despair as he let his head rest in the nape of her neck. So much was happening in such a short time.

Lily stretched her body as she began to wake up. Jackson quickly lifted his head as she turned into him. He smiled softly as he looked down at her as he softly pulled a few strands of hair from her face. Lily’s eyes opened slowly as she looked up at him, smiling softly back, “Hi.” She whispered. He continued to smile, “Hi.” She slowly reached up to him as her fingers grazed the hair behind his ear. He sighed softly, feeling her touch, “How are you?” She continued to graze the hairs behind his ear, “I don’t know.” He furrowed his eyebrows for a moment in concern. She pulled herself up as she kissed him softly.

Jackson kissed her back as he tangled his hand in her hair. She pulled away from him for a moment, resting her forehead against his, “I love you, you know that, right?” Jackson nodded as he stared in her eyes, “I know, baby.” She nodded slightly, pulling her body away, as she got out of the bed and walked into the bathroom.

Jackson watched her as she walked in and laid back, his head swarming with everything. It was going to be damn near impossible to accomplish anything with all of these personal matters swarming around him. It was happening all too fast. Much too fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been forever since I've posted things, but I'm unbelievably busy.
I'm trying to get this one out so I can finish up some other ones.
Hope you enjoy.