Status: --- Hiatus ---

It's Just Our Fate

History

(Jackson’s POV)
It was cold as hell outside today, I hated it and loved it all at once. I was getting sick of doing this in the cold but I knew that I had no other choice. I grabbed my cell phone, feeling the vibration, and answered it, “Reed.” The voice on the other end was Russian and husky, mob deal types, “This is-“

“No names.”, I said interrupting him. “Oh..Yes.. I need you to kill someone.”, He said in a “for a matter of fact” tone. “That’s usually why they call me.”, I said in the same tone. He coughed for a moment, “His name is-“ I sighed loudly, “No Names.”, I repeated for a second time. The man apologized over and over, “So Sorry, I mean-“

I shifted from one foot to the other as I exhaled, seeing my breathe in the cold air, “Location.” The Russian coughed again, clearing his throat, “Western Boulevard and East Brook at 10-“ I shoved the phone back into my pocket and started walking down to the location.

This is what I did, this was my life. I get a call, I get a location, and I kill who’s there. It’s just how it is. I looked at the street seeing a few Italian men get out of a dark car and head into a building. It was a coke drive, this is where they made all their stuff to sell on the streets. I walked towards the place and entered it, walking up the steps.

I could hear the people inside and stood behind a brick wall, pulling out my gun from behind my back. I knew who to kill already, it would be an easy job. How? I got word of it way before the initial call, there’s always a boss above the boss.

I cocked the gun and came out shooting my target quickly and others who surrounded him, and ran out. I started down the stairs and shot at a window, breaking it open and climbed out, then slid down the fire escape.

Here it went again, my getaway, and I always had a plan for it. I headed down the opposite corner and kept going then turned into a shop.
I could hear a car roaring and then suddenly heard police cars, I walked up to the counter of the store, smiled and asked, “May I have a Frappacino?”

Everything was simple for me in my life. I got word of something, received the call, and then would do the hit. That’s all it was too it. I was known for always getting my target, there wasn’t a single one that was still walking to brag about them.
The money wasn’t so bad either, the lowest I would take was nine grand at a time. Yeah. I was that good.

But it just wasn’t enough, and then that’s when I met Lily.

She was a school teacher when we first met, I was actually running some info on a kid at the school there. He was only sixteen but the kid was good at running his mouth about the boss he worked for. And that boss, liked running his money to me to help shut it up.

I remember walking into that school, claiming I was his uncle, being told that he was in Ms. Barker’s class and to just go down the hall. In this neighborhood, they didn’t care to much about security, so I was completely safe. But I was never expecting Lily.

I walked up to the glass door and saw the kid immediately. He sat in the front and was mocking kids around him, a few of which laughed along. I put my hand to my back and thought about just getting it done with now. I didn’t care much for this life anymore.

Yeah so the office people saw me, but they were drunks and druggies as well. They would never remember how I looked exactly. I started to pull out my gun, when I heard, “Hi, May I help you?”

I quickly moved my hand and turned around to look at who it was. My jaw opened as I stared at her… she was beautiful. Her long dark hair, bright green eyes, wonderful tan complexion, everything about her was just glowing to me.

She raised an eyebrow at me and smiled, “Sir? Are you alright?” I nodded dumbfounded, “Fine. Just fine.” She laughed slightly and looked over my shoulder to the class, “Well… Would you mind allowing me to get past, I have an exam to give.” I looked at the stack of papers she held up in her arms and nodded, “Yeah, sure.”

I opened up the door for her and watched as she walked in, smiling a “Thank You” in my direction.

I got the kid later on the next day and then I started dating Lily that following week.
It was never supposed to be something I would keep going, she just interested me but the deeper I began to know her, the more attached I became to her.

We eventually moved in and I bought her Max for her birthday, and have been together for a good ten months now. She knows everything about me—Well… she knows who I am for the most part.

She thinks I work for a big company though, all computer stuff, and I’m there big technical publicist guy who has to go places. Though sometimes the way she says things makes me feel like she doesn’t buy it anymore. Either way, she doesn’t know that I’m a hit-man or that I’m even slightly associated with the mob. But I love her and I’m determined to do all I can for her.

Always.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments.