Status: StandAlone- Complete

Shadow Of A Doubt

Pantomime

Streets, dusty desecrated streets with buildings. Buildings that reach up to the sky, creating a skyline. A skyline that breaks through the atmosphere reaching higher, always higher, to that one flaming star.
Well, the way I am a pin prick could kill me, so I’m asking you to please follow me. Through the underbelly, and through this forgotten town, because it belongs to you and me; it was made for you and me.
Follow me past every doorway that reeks of piss, and tobacco. Stay close behind, or close by my side. Stretch my image when the sun falls just right; make me taller than I am.
Remain as faceless, and nameless as me. Remain as hollow, and as fragile as me. Remain with me till there is nothing left.

Stay by my side as my friend, as my enemy; become my passenger as we ride down sleazy back roads, and board busses full of passengers just as faceless, and nameless as we are.
Walk with me under that enormous expanse of hollow domineering sky; the one broken by the dingy skyline, and the one covered in an opaque haze of orange pollution.

Left. Right. Left. Right, it’s always one foot in front of the other, but each step is unsure, and you will follow me in them.
Feet leather clad, and heavy as always. You will be there to follow me, like a pantomime, and I’ll be there to lead you.

We will read every sign together. We will ignore the “Dead Ends”, and trudge on anyway. We will ignore the “One Way”, and dodge cars for sport, and you have no choice but to obey, and you do so with a skill second to none, as you never miss a step I take, never miss a twitch I make.

Follow me, as I am forever attached to you; forever sewn to your side that is intangible, and nonsensical.
You are just as domineering as the sky, just as desecrated as the streets, and the buildings; just as jagged as that skyline. Jagged like a giant set of teeth.
You are forever obstructing me, forever beside me, behind me, beneath me; forever stretching me out of proportion, as the star set ablaze aids you, and creates you.
You are forever in my image, and I am forever in yours.

Watch as the stars fall from grace, and out of that giant domineering sky. As they come crashing through our atmosphere, and flash past our jagged and unwelcoming skyline. Watch them as they streak our imagination, before they come down to fizzle out.
You are like that; so blatantly apparent, yet so easily lost.
You are about as silent as the Night, and as pervasive as its Dwellers. You wear me out.

Long walks on silent and filthy streets, where no one but the wind whispers, and no one but the bricks know of the scenes that have happened there, but like Angels out of time, can’t say a word.
You follow me in your own warped way; half of you slashed vertically against the bricks, half of you stretched bizarrely across the cement. You lurch on as an abstract apparition of myself. Taunting me with a slow and gritty truth, one that chips away at my superiority in a way I almost grin at.

We trudge on through because this place is forgotten. We trudge on through because this place is lethal (tell me a better way to feel alive, than to run from death. I dare you).

Long walks guided by nothing but chance; illuminated by that sliver of moon, held in that domineering sky. The moon that waxes and wanes, turns the tide, and casts your image across my walls.
I wonder what I would be without you; if I would be lonely, or if I would notice your absence. Would you miss me?
Sometimes I wish your weren’t so obedient, so that I would have something more to chase than just my thoughts around that maze a call a head.
Something gives me the feeling that I could chase you, and I could catch you, but somehow you will never be mine.
And even as your slash yourself across those bricks so skillfully now, I still feel a certain amount of freedom in you; something in you that isn’t me, that isn’t mine.

I smile a lopsided grin with no teeth, for I do not wish to mock my skyline; and with eyes that don’t sparkle, as not to mimic the twinkling in the sky, so domineering, and untouchable, indescribable and nonsensical.
I smile because I could never do the things you do. I could never stretch my self out of proportion; not really anyways. I could never slash myself across those walls, and surely not with your grace.
I am built on too much logic, whereas you are illogical.
I could never be as misshapen as you, and I posses too many bones to slither in your image.
I will never morph like you do, and no amount of illumination will throw my body across the room, across the street or anywhere.
I will never bend to accommodate the scenery.
I will never be like you, so I smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading it :)

ConCrit?