Time Won't Heal This Damage

Assignment

“How was your day?” Jacob asked as Eliana put the popcorn bag inside of the microwave. She pressed the button and turned to face Jacob.

Jacob wanted to know if she trusted him. If she could tell him what she did, then they were on good ground.

But she shrugged. “Nothing special. Yours?”

So she didn’t trust him.

“I came in the morning to visit you. No one was here.” He said.

“Why did you come? Did you know you could ruin your good boy cred if you start hanging out with the Devil’s Spawn?” She chuckled towards the end.

He smiled.

He got closer. “Why do you hide behind that nickname?”

“You don’t think I’m evil?” She asked.

“If you were, you wouldn’t care so much about your little sister.” He pointed out.

She cleared her throat. “Whatever.” She had nothing to say. “I don’t get you Jake.”

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Last I heard you were obsessed with that Swan chick. You and that super cute Cullen used to have this cold war thing going on. Now, you can just be over with them like it’s nothing? Doesn’t it bother you that she married the other guy?”

“At the beginning.”

“And I’m not the only one with a past. Didn’t you runaway?” She smirked.

He narrowed his eyes. “You don’t know anything.”

She chuckled. She found a button and she was going to push it until he burst.

“You left your dad all alone just because Bella thought Edward was better. And like I’ve said before. She made the right choice.”

She saw as his body tense.

“You don’t know shit.” He growled.

“You’re such a hotheaded and overbearing. Everywhere I go you’re there! Bella went for Edward because then she wouldn’t feel like she’s being watched all of the time.” Eliana smiled. She should stop before he loses it.

It’s better this way. She thought.

“You know what. Maybe Edward was just a better fuck than you.”

And with that.

Jacob knew that he felt something else towards his imprint. Hate.

Hate he hadn’t known even towards a vampire. He wondered how she could be so spiteful? So cruel?

“I’m out of here.” He turned away. He walked out of the kitchen and Eliana’s triumphant smirk fell.

She was used to making people hurt, but not emotionally. She could break bones but it’s harder to deal with breaking people down internally.

“Jake!” Eliana heard her little sister call out.

Little running footsteps came in the kitchen.

“Where is Jacob going?” She asked.

“Ice cream.” Eliana lied.

Amber jumped up and down. She would be asleep before the movie ended.

**

Jacob couldn’t go back to the Cullen’s and he couldn’t go back to his father. He just wanted to be alone. He didn’t feel any of Seth’s or Leah’s thoughts which was good.

He just went in circles around La Push. He howled near Eliana’s house.

She didn’t jump or was startled. She just cursed ‘Stupid dogs’.

Jacob wondered around for a while and just slept in the woods.

**

Eliana woke up the next day, Sunday.

She made breakfast for Amber, who was asking about Jacob and how he never came back with the ice cream.

“He did come. You were just asleep by then.” Eliana lied easily.

Amber would believe anything and everything Eliana would tell her.

Her mom was fast asleep. Eliana left a sticky note saying ‘went to the movies with some friends. Breakfast in the microwave. Love Elle’

Eliana wasn’t really going to the movies. Hell she had no friends. She pushed away the only friend she had last night.

Krypton would be here to pick her up in ten minutes. Maybe sooner.

Eliana opened the front door when two large men were outside. They were shirtless and were panting. Both of them with worried expressions. She knew them as Quil and Embry. Both Jacob’s friends.

Are they here to bitch about Jacob? Stupid Jacob telling his friends. She thought.

She raised an eyebrow at them.

“Can I help you?” She said with an impatient tone.

“Is Jacob here? Has he come around here?” Quil knew he had come around here. He could smell him. It was faint but he was here some time soon.

“Last night but then he left. Now move.” She said walking out and closing the door behind her.

“What did you do?” Embry asked angrily.

She scoffed. “I didn’t kill your pussy friend, okay?”

Embry gripped her arm and turned her around.

“You don’t know shit about Jacob!” He growled.

She tried to take her arm back but like Jacob he was made of stone or something.

“You better let me go.” Eliana said.

As much as she disliked them she didn’t want them dead. If Krypton saw this he would send his men and hurt him. He let’s go but he was still angry.

“He didn’t come home last night and hasn’t been seen all morning.” Quil said with a calmer tone.

She turned to Quil. She hid her concern very well.

“Maybe he’s with Bella.” Eliana shrugged.

“Already checked. You’re the last person that saw him. What did you do to him?” Embry asked.

Just then the black BMW pulled up.

“Sorry, can’t help you. After we worked on the school project I haven’t seen him since.” Eliana got inside of the black BMW before they could say anything else. She had to lie because Krypton didn’t know Jacob was over at her house last night.

“Are those the boys giving you trouble?” Krypton wasn’t alone. His father was with him.

That meant this job was serious.

Carmelo sat at the end of the back seat. Krypton was in the front.

“No sir. They were just asking for someone that’s missing.” She said.

“Oh, anyone we know?” Carmelo asked.

“No sir.” Eliana said.

“All right.” He handed her an envelop. “Next assignment.”

Eliana hated it when it sounded like a mission. She called them targets. The less she knew about them the better. She didn’t want to know if they had children or wives. She just did her job.

“His name is Samuel Plates. He tried to black mail me. I want him dead, but first tortured. Go in the woods where his screams would mean nothing.”

“Yes sir.” Eliana said.

“In the envelop is the key to the car and in the car are the things you will need to torture him. Krypton will be with you.”

Like always. She thought.

“How’s your father, by the way?” Carmelo asked. She tensed. “It’s that time right?”

She nodded. “He’s fine, sir, thank you for asking.”

“You’re like a daughter to me, Eliana.”

“Thank you sir.”

The ride to the warehouse was long for her. Her mind drifted to Jacob Black. He was missing.

I’m sure they’ll find him. She thought. He’s just being an asshole.

When they arrived she got out and got inside of the car with Krypton. Samuel would go to Forks a lot so now Eliana had to drive all the way back to Forks.

“Isn’t this a church?” Eliana asked Krypton when she read the name of the place where he would be.

“Yeah.” He said.

“We’re going to kill a man who goes to church.” She stated.

“Please, don’t act so surprised, darling. You didn’t care about the others.” He said.

She glared at him. They followed Samuel Plates until it was dark. They followed him to Port Angeles where he would go inside a motel.

“Look at this. The church man is a cheater. His wife would be so devastated. And his son… only--”

“What have I told you about telling me about the targets?” She snapped at him. “I don’t want to know anything about them.”

“Right, you have a conscience.” He muttered.

“Go to hell.” She cursed at him he only laughed.

They were outside of the motel for about an hour and a half before Samuel walked out.

“Here we go.” Krypton said taking out the cloth and chloroform.

They opened the door and followed close behind Samuel. Once he was near his car Krypton lunged at him and covered the man’s mouth with the cloth. He struggled for a while until the chloroform took effect.

Krypton carried him to the car and dumped in the trunk. Eliana drove towards the road.

They stopped at some random spot and parked somewhere no one could see the car. Eliana opened the trunk and Krypton carried Samuel.

Eliana led them with the torturing tools deeper in the woods. About after an hour they stopped. Mostly because Krypton got tired of carrying him.

They tied him to a tree and waited for the chemicals to wear off. Eliana played with a knife.

“Tell me about this Jacob.” Krypton was leaning back against a tree.

She looked at him with a bored look.

“There’s nothing to know.” She said in a monotone voice.

“Apparently there is since his friends seem to come to you to find out about him.” He said.

She sighed and when she was going to answer with a lie Samuel groaned and stirred.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates :D