Time Won't Heal This Damage

Missing

Jacob walked in front of Eliana and she followed. He had his hands in his pockets. He was mad at her. Why couldn’t he get a normal girl? A girl that would’ve loved to be with him. Why did he get the stubborn girl?

When they arrived at her house, Eliana entered and Jacob didn’t stop her. He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands. He was tired.

He had to patrol that night. Emmett walked out with Nessie in his arms. Emmett might be a goofball sometimes but he knew Jacob was hurting so he remained silent. Nessie went to Jacob and Jacob hitched a ride with them.

The ride was silent. Nessie asked him what was wrong.

“Nothing, Ness, I promise.” He smiled for her but little Nessie wasn’t convinced.

“Did she hurt you?” She asked.

“It’s nothing big.”

**

On Saturday morning, Jacob woke up on the front porch of the Cullen’s. He phased back to human and pulled on the sweat pants. He felt a little uneasy. Maybe it was the liquor he had at the party.

He walked inside of the Cullen’s. The stink was horribly sweet as he made his way to the kitchen. Seth and Leah were already there. Both of them with worried looks.

“What?” Jacob said going over to the fridge and taking out the orange juice. He drunk without a glass.

“Something happened.” Seth said slowly.

Jacob looked at his pack members.

“What is it?” He asked getting the feeling he wasn’t going to like this one bit.

“When I was out patrolling,” Leah started. “I ran into Jared who came to tell me…” Leah was sure that he was going to explode due to the news and become crazy. “He picked up a vampire scent… really close to Eliana’s home.”

Jacob froze. Fear was the first feeling he got. Fear for her safety and then anger. Pure anger on the vampire that dared to even get that near her.

“It might’ve been Emmett’s.” Jacob said remembering he was there last night.

Leah shook her head. “Jared knows his scent. This was a different vampire, Jacob.”

“You don’t think it was one…” Seth didn’t finish his sentence but pointed out of the kitchen.

There was a couple of vampires that fed on humans in the Cullen’s mansion. They were told not to feed in La Push.

Edward walked in.

“It wasn’t any of them.” He said before Jacob could say anything.

Jacob trusted him. He could read minds after all.

“Are you saying it could be one of the Volturi’s?” Jacob growled clenching his hands.

Carlisle walked in. “I would have to go to her house to make sure.” He said.

Jacob agreed to take him.

“I’m going to rip that leech to shreds.” He spat as made his way out of the kitchen.

Carlisle and Jacob raced through the forest. They didn’t need to be inside of her house since the scent was only around the house. She didn’t need to know.

As they arrived Carlisle picked up the foreign scent. It wasn’t anyone from the Volturi and it wasn’t anyone he knew. Carlisle frowned. This wasn’t someone they knew or someone from the Volturi.

“So?” Jacob insisted. His own nose told him it wasn’t anyone from the house but Carlisle might know it.

“It’s not a Volturi vampire. It’s male though. And it’s been here more than once. You’ve never noticed it?” Carlisle asks.

Jacob shakes his head. “I wasn’t really smelling around. I was more concerned about Eliana.”

“No, this scent it’s a bit old, maybe three or four weeks. Long before your imprint on her.” Carlisle said.

“Right, before the imprint… I didn’t really come to this area.” Jacob said remembering Eliana’s words. She said he never noticed her before the imprint and she was right.

He--along like the others--judged her.

He felt stupid.

“What do you plan to do?” Carlisle asked. “The scent goes East.” Carlisle pointed.

“For now… make sure it doesn’t come near here again.” Jacob said.

There was a ring. It was Carlisle’s phone.

“Hello?” He answered.

“I need to speak to Jacob.” Bella’s voice came from the other line.

Carlisle hands over his phone. Jacob brings the phone to his ear.

“What is it, Bells?” He asked.

There was a hesitance on the other line and it made him more nervous.

“I just got a call from your dad and he wants you to go home right away.” Bella said.

“I need to take care of Eliana first.” Jacob said.

“It is about Eliana.” Bella said.

Jacob stiffened. His hands begin to shake. He takes several deep breaths.

“Thanks, Bella. Bye.” Jacob hung up and handed back the phone. “Thanks for the help, Carlisle.”

“No problem, Jacob. Good luck.” Carlisle went back to the mansion.

Jacob ran normally. His house was only a mile and a half away. He rushed through the forest until he reached his home.

He noticed a familiar car outside his home. It was Eliana’s mom’s car.

His heart pounded against his chest. He was scared to know. He walked inside and went to the living room. Karen was on the sofa crying.

“Jake!” Amber’s little voice said. She ran towards him. Jacob leaned down and picked her up. “She’s gone.”

Jacob was suddenly feeling really cold.

“What’s wrong?” He asked towards his father and Karen.

“Have you seen Eliana?” Karen asked her eyes hopeful.

He shook his head slowly. Karen started to sob again.

“I don’t get it. None of her friends know where she is. I’ve asked everyone she knows.” Karen sobbed.

She didn’t know her daughter didn’t have any friends?

Jacob set Amber down and Amber goes to her mom and hugged her. Jacob looked at his father.

“Eliana never got home last night.”

Jacob felt his world falling.

“That’s impossible… I dropped her off at her house safe and sound… she… and I…” Jacob couldn’t speak.

She was missing. His imprint.

“She said she was going out with some friends but never got back.” Billy explained.

“She always comes home. Even if it’s around midnight but she comes home.” Karen said through her sobs.

Karen’s phone went off. Karen immediately answers it.

“Hello?” She asked.

“Mom? Where are you guys?” Jacob could hear her voice and he felt a relief wash over him like a tidal wave.

“Where have you been?!” Her mother exclaimed.

“I went out with friends but it got too late to go home and so I stayed. My cell phone went out so I couldn’t call you and I don’t really have our house number memorized.” She said sheepishly over the phone.

“You are in so much trouble young lady. We’ll talk more when I get home.”

“Where are you?” She asked.

“At the Black’s.”

“Oh, okay.”

“We’ll be there shortly.” Karen hung up.

“Is she all right?” Billy asked.

Karen nodded. “I should go. Thanks for everything Billy.”

“No problem, Karen. You know David and I are good friends.”

“Would you like me to drive you?” Jacob offered. He needed to make sure she was all right.

“Please,” Karen gave him her keys.

Amber was strapped in the backseat. Jacob drove silently. When he parked the car he waited patiently for Karen and Amber.

“Is it okay if I go in? I’m a good friend of hers.” Jacob hoped she would say yes.

“Sure, I trust you.” Karen smiled and opened the door of the house. “Elle!” She yelled.

“Kitchen!” Eliana answered back.

It took a lot for Jacob not to run to the kitchen. He followed behind Karen. Once at the kitchen he saw her making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

“You have a lot of explaining to do.” Karen scolded.

“I’ll say.” Jacob said without thinking. It brought her blue eyes to lock with his. She glared quickly before pretending to be confused.

“I told you, mom. My phone had low battery and I don’t have any numbers memorized.” She said without looking at Jacob.

“Surely someone knew our number. I went to ALL of your friends and none of them knew where you were.” Karen said.

“Not my friends here in La Push mom, the ones from Port Angeles.”

Karen frowned. “You know I don’t like those friends and it’s because of these things.”

“Mom.” Eliana said. “This is the first time it’s happened. And I’m fine! Look at me I’m fine.”

“I don’t want to worry like that again, Eliana. I lost your father and I’m not going to lose you too.” Karen hugged her daughter.

Jacob thought this was a bit of a weird moment. He stood there a little awkward.

“You’re not going to lose me, mom, I promise. Until I go to college.” Eliana said joking.

Jacob furrowed his eyebrows. She never joked. Not like that at least.

“You know what… we’re going out. We’re going to have a family night out and Jacob you’re welcome to join.” Karen said breaking the hug and turning to Jacob.

“What N--” Eliana started but Jacob interrupted.

“I’d love to.” Jacob said with a sly smile to Eliana. “What time?”

“Be here at four. It’s only eleven.” Karen said. “I’m going to make the reservations.” Karen walked out of the kitchen. Amber followed her mom.

Leaving Jacob and Eliana alone.

“What the hell are you doing here?” She hissed.

“You went missing.”

“I’m fine. Now go tell my mom you can’t go.” She pointed out the kitchen.

He chuckled and shook his head,

“Where were you?” He asked in a whisper.

She scoffed. She owed him no explanation.

“None of your damn business.” She snapped.

“You’re my imprint everything you do is my business.”

She raised an eyebrow.

“You’re not the boss of me, Jakey.” He flinched a little and she laughed. “Still bothers you that I call you Jakey? Why? Was it because old Isabella Swan used to?”

“You’re not going to push me away.” He growled. “You have no idea how I felt when I was told you didn’t come home. Where did you go? Off with Krypton? And tell me why doesn’t your mom know that you don’t have any friends?”

That earned him a cold glare. One of the coldest he’s seen.

“You don’t know shit.” She growled.

“Then tell me.” He said.

He was taller than her but with her attitude she was a lot bigger than he was.

“You have it all okay, Jake. You’re a werewolf and have rich vampire friends. While humans like me and my family have to struggle to make ends meet.”

“You think I have it easy?” He wanted to laugh really hard.

“Is your father in prison for the rest of his life?” She started. “Do you have to worry about paying the next bill or mortgage? No. My mom works to keep our heads above the water.”

“I don’t have a mom.”

She glares. “Don’t use the ‘I don’t have a mom so feel sorry for me’ card. Okay? You want to get to know me, Jake? Here’s all you need to know. I was backstabbed. I was scarred as the kid with the father that ‘killed’ his partner and was the cause of civilians death. Everyone I knew turned their back on me. So I isolated myself and ever since you’ve come back all I have is more trouble. So please… please stay away from me, after the dinner thing tonight.”

He knew that if his imprint wanted to be away from him he had to obey. Her wishes were his command.

But could he stay away?

“Is that what you really want?” Jacob asked.

She looked at him. She knew she was hurting him. Just because he was a werewolf didn’t make him immortal and for some reason she didn’t want to see him hurt.

“Yes, it’s what I want.” She said.

Jacob and Eliana took a long moment looking into each other’s eyes.

“Tell your mom I can’t make it to the dinner. I promise I won’t bother you again.”

She nodded. “Nice knowing you.” It’s what she should’ve said instead she said. “I’ll show you the way out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for the comments :)