Time Won't Heal This Damage

Trick

The day the Volturi would arrive was getting closer by the week. Jacob kept Eliana’s wishes for him to stay away. He never found out what had happened that night after he left. She never spoke to him again.

But he asked Paul to patrol around her house to make sure that vampire wouldn’t go near her again.

Jacob watched as Bella expanded her shield. As each day got closer he was more nervous. He worried about Nessie. What if they didn’t believe them? What if they got into a fight, and he would never get his chance to make things up with Eliana?

He scoffed at his own thought.

Eliana was impossible to win. The weeks that passed by proved that. There was no convincing her. She was stubborn as a mule.

He tried not to let it affect him but his thoughts only revolved around her and he couldn’t stop it.

“That’s enough for today.” The Amazon vampire told Bella.

Everyone entered the house but he stayed outside.

With Alice and Jasper gone everyone seemed tensed. It was best to stay outside.

“She’ll come around,” Bella said knowing he was thinking about Eliana. Edward told her it’s really affecting him.

“She thinks I’m still hung up on you.” Jacob rubbed his face. “I think that’s why she pushed me away.”

“You told her she was your imprint and what it meant right?” Bella asked.

Jacob nodded his head. “She thought the same thing I thought when it happened. She thought it was a mistake.”

----

Jacob woke up knowing that this could be the last day of his life. Tomorrow was the day he had been waiting for months. The so called Volturi was coming to judge Nessie. His heart was full of worry and his head went straight to Eliana’s safety.

No matter how bitchy and pusher she was he loved her and because he might not make it he needed to make things right with Eliana. She needed to know that he loved her.

He got dressed at the Cullen’s. He was approved by Esme saying he looked good. With confidence he took his rabbit to La Push.

Eliana already knew she was his imprint but she was in denial. When he arrived outside of her house he noticed Krypton was coming out. Jacob got out of his car and stood tall, that wasn’t hard for him.

Krypton glared at Jacob as he walked to his car.

Eliana walked out the house and smelled the testosterone in the air.

Jacob was built for action.

Krypton got inside of his car and drove off. Eliana stood at her doorway looking at Jacob. He looked really good with the open button collar shirt. His jeans were purposely ripped from the knees.

His muscles looked like they would rip open the shirt. She remained as calm as possible.

Jacob walked up to her. He couldn’t read her emotions; Bella was an open book when it came to her facial expressions but Eliana was a robot.

She rarely showed any emotions and when she did it was either anger or boredom.

“Hey,” He said.

“Hey.” She said in a sigh.

“Can we talk?”

She raised an eyebrow. “Did I suddenly become visible again?” She said with sarcasm.

“You’re the one who pushed me away remember? But, I’m not here to talk about that. This is something serious. It’s… supernatural.” He muttered the last part.

She looked inside of her house. Her mom wasn’t home but her little sister was in the living room. She closed the door behind her.

“Okay, what is it?” She asked.

He explained the Volturi as best he could. She was shocked. The things that existed in the world. She never thought possible.

“I just… want you--for my sanity--” Jacob urged. “To stay away from the woods, Eliana. I won’t be able to concentrate if I think you’re somewhere in the woods. They feed off humans and if you’re there, my only concern would be you and not Nessie.”

Eliana could tell he was serious. She knew about the imprint. She also didn’t want anything happening to Nessie.

She knew that her safety was the first thing on his mind.

“I won’t go, I promise, for the Cullen’s. For Nessie.” She promised.

He let’s out a big breath.

“Thank you… for understanding.”

She shrugged.

She shivered. It was January and it was freezing outside. She only had a shirt to cover her. Without a second thought Jacob brought his arms around her and close to his body. She didn’t object.

It scared her to think that Jacob could get hurt.

She didn’t want him to ever get hurt. She was the only one who could do that.

“You might not come back.” She said.

He didn’t want to think about it. This was the happiest moment of his life so far. His soul mate in his arms and actual concern in her tone.

“But I will, I promise. To nag and annoy you.”

She chuckled. He kissed the top of her head. She looked up at him. Her heart went faster. She was at loss of words. He always seemed to do that and he didn’t even try.

“I’m not leaving.” He whispered getting closer.

She knew what she should do, but she didn’t want to. She didn’t want to be vulnerable and let herself care for Jacob. He might be a shape shifter but he wasn’t immortal, right?

With that as her thoughts she took a step back breaking away from his embrace.

“I-I have things to do.” She pointed to her house.

“You might not see me again.” Jacob smiled.

She smiled back knowing his trick.

“Then I’ll miss you.”

“Seriously, Eliana?” Jacob sighed.

“I’m not as easy as others care to believe.” She smiled and went inside of her house and closed the door.