Time Won't Heal This Damage

Traitor

Jacob Black stood next to Bella as they waited for the arrival of the Volturi at the clearing. Everyone’s heart--the shape shifters--was beating out of their chests. The ones who had imprints thought about them. It was a bit disturbing how Jared, Sam and Paul spent last night with their imprints but it was nothing new.

At last, the beautiful vampires were visible. Everyone stiffened and got ready to attack. They came in formation. They moved so swift and graceful that Jacob didn’t feel the earth moving. Three led the formation. Two with black hair and one had extremely white hair. All of them were so pale like chalk. Their veins were visible.

It was disquieting. Jacob thought the Cullen’s were pale but they must be ancient in order to look so… pale. Yet they were beautiful.

The tension between the two sides was extremely thick. The talking started. Edward approached Aro. Edward was going to tell his side of the story. The vampire responsible was called out.

She was killed. The family of the vampire was on the Cullen’s side and Jacob heard their cries. They didn’t scream but their bodies sure did.

But it wasn’t enough.

The Volturi still didn’t trust the Cullen’s.

When Aro said he wanted to meet Nessie that’s when it happened.

BANG! All of the vampires and shape shifters turned to the sound of the gunshot. It was from the West. Where the direction of the road was. Then after about ten seconds more gunshots were heard.

Slowly the smell of human blood filled the air.

---

Four hours earlier Eliana was getting ready for another job. She tied her hair in a high pony tail. Krypton honked his car. She looked out her window and looked down to see the black BMW.

Eliana rushed downstairs. Her little sister was over at a friend’s house for a play date. She got inside of the passenger seat and closed the door. Krypton drove off. He gave her the large envelop with the details.

“All we need is information and kill.” He said with a yawn.

“Where are we taking him?”

“Where we always do it.” He said and chuckled at his own choice of words.

Eliana thought about what Jacob told her. But it must be somewhere else because where they did their jobs was too secluded. Plus she’s pretty sure she would notice a lot of vampires or large wolves.

She shrugged the thought off and did her job.

Three hours later they had the guy in the trunk.

“What did that guy want anyway?” Krypton asked as they were driving towards their destination.

“Who?” She asked as she went over the information about the guy in the trunk.

“That Native American guy that showed up the other day.” He said as he glanced at her.

“Jacob?” She said playing as dumb as possible.

“Yes.”

She shrugged. “Just wanted to know what he missed the other day in math.”

“That was it?” He raised an eyebrow at her.

“What else?” She scoffed. “We’re here.” She said avoiding the subject and he seemed distracted enough. He parked the car on the side of the road. They got out of the car and Krypton popped open the trunk.

The target was already awake but still dazed. Krypton pulled him out and onto the ground. The target grunted in pain. Krypton picked him up to get him on his feet. The guy could barely stand but Krypton forced him.

She led Krypton and the target to where they always did their dirty business. The snow didn’t help. She saw her hot breath as she walked. She rubbed her arms a bit to keep the blood pumping.

They reached the place and tied the guy to the tree where Mr. Plate had been once and so many others before him.

Eliana and Krypton waited for the drugs to wear off which would be in about thirty minutes or so.

“It’s fucking freezing.” Krypton shivered.

“I hate doing this during the winter.” Eliana added. She glanced at the guy tied to the tree. His name was Cory. He was a rat. He worked for the FBI and told about Carmelo’s operations to the FBI and stopped thousands of dollars entering the country.

Cory groaned and opened his eyes fully. Krypton was the first to deliver the punch.

“Tone it down, Krypton,” Eliana said. “We don’t want to him to pass out again.”

Krypton laughed as he looked at Cory. Cory spat blood to the white snow.

“All we need is to know what you’ve told the FBI about Carmelo.” Eliana spoke.

Cory glared at Eliana.

“I’m not a rat.” He said.

“We know it’s you!” Krypton growled. “One of our guys saw you at a café with one of the agents.”

“Your guy saw wrong.” Cory snapped.

Eliana took out the pictures and showed it to his face. “You’re going to deny it now?”

Cory was caught. She saw it in his eyes. She smirked.

“Tell us what you told them.”

“Why should I? Either way I’m dead.” He said.

“Well, I’m bored. You take care of the rest.” Krypton said. “I’m fucking freezing.” He rubbed his arms as he went back towards the car. Eliana turned her attention to Cory.

She took out her knife and walked closer to Cory.

“Do-don’t pl-please. I have a family! My wife and I are having our first kid, please… please.” He begged.

Eliana leaned down and placed the tip of the knife under his chin.

“Why did you agree to work with the FBI?” She asked.

“Th-they paid all of my debts.” He answered.

She knew that was true because it’s how Carmelo found out he was a rat.

“What is it?” She asked and he saw his confusion so she clarified. “The baby.”

“A boy.” He said.

Eliana lowered the knife to his stomach but then to the ropes. She ripped them off. Cory looked at her with disbelief. She took out the finger cutter--as she liked to call it.

“I’m gonna need your pinkie.” She said simply.

“It’s this what you’ve been doing? Setting everyone free?” He asked.

She looked at him and shook her head. “Not at the beginning.”

“If they knew you and your family would be dead.”

“That’s why I’m careful.” She answered.

“Not anymore.”

Eliana froze. She saw as Krypton walked out from behind a tree not too far from them. She was caught.

“Traitor, you’ve been setting them free.” He raised his gun to Cory and Eliana.

Eliana had hers on her back. She could reach for it but Krypton already had his cocked.

“Only the good ones.” She answered. There was no use of trying to lie her way out.

“How about the last one?” He asked.

“He had a family.” She said.

Krypton shot before Eliana could do anything. Cory’s body hit the ground. The shot was straight to the head.

“My father is going to be very disappointed when he finds out his most trusted associate has been playing good girl.” Krypton smirked. “Imagine what he’s going to do to your poor mother and sister.”

Eliana had to run but to where? She was fucked already.

“Oh and your father.”

Her eyes narrowed at him.

“I’m sure he can get someone to kill your daddy from prison.”

That’s when she bolted. She ran deeper in the forest. She had no where else to go. He began to shoot and ran after her. Eliana ran as fast as her legs could let her. The trees took the bullets that would’ve surely gone through her skull. She took out her own gun and checked how many she had.

She hid behind a tree and cocked her gun. She saw as Krypton also hid behind a tree. Eliana shot at him and it hit the tree. He barely dodged it.

Eliana took the opportunity and started to run again. She knew this part of the woods. She would get out of it in no time. After that, she had to go home. Tell her mom they had to leave.

Her mom would probably wouldn’t believe her but she had to convince her somehow. She screamed when a bullet grazed her arm and brought blood. She hid behind a tree again and examined the wound. It wasn’t bad but she still needed to stop the bleeding.

“Come on out traitor!”

Jacob recognized the voice. It was Krypton.

“You’re gonna be sorry Eliana! You’ve betrayed the most dangerous man in all of Washington!”

Eliana, Jacob thought in pure horror.

Her name echoed in his head. He felt dizzy.

No this couldn’t be happening. Not here. Not now.

“Do you smell that, dear Caius? The blood is pure.” Aro spoke.

“YOU AND YOUR FATHER ARE FUCKING BASTARDS!!!” Eliana’s voice filled the air.

Everything was going wrong.

“You’re not exactly Mother Theresa, Eliana. I’ve seen you kill cold blooded! You’re going to hell with us.”

She knew he was right but she was doing it for a reason. She had a purpose it wasn’t just for fun. She had no other choice.

Eliana shot at Krypton’s direction and started to run again. She saw a clearing up ahead. Krypton kept shooting until he ran out. He dropped his gun and ran faster.

Just at the edge of the clearing he was able to tackle her. The gun flew out of her hand. He punched her hard. Her eyes rolled back and she tasted the blood in the back of her mouth.

She used her legs to push him away. He took out his knife as she got up. She looked around for the gun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Le Gasp! What will happen?!

Thanks y'all for the comments, they make me smile like this :D