Time Won't Heal This Damage

Killer

Everyone watched as the two humans fought each other. Jacob had the immense urge to help her but that meant leaving Nessie and Bella unprotected and he still cared for them. He flinched when Krypton landed a good punch on her cheek. She fell to the ground and spat blood.

“What do we do?” Caius asked Aro.

Aro looked over to the two humans and then back to the Cullen’s.

“You know her?” He asked.

Edward had the option to lie but Aro would know.

“She’s his mate.” Edward pointed to Jacob.

Jacob phased back and pulled on his sweats. He was breathing heavily.

Eliana landed a good punch on the cheek and Krypton stumbled backwards.

“Do you have any idea what you’ve done?!” He spat. “You’ve betrayed my father’s trust.”

“Your father is a murderer and a crook.”

“You had no trouble killing.” He smirked.

They both saw the gun and they charged at it at the same time. She was the first to get it and he tried to get it from her but she kicked him in the stomach. He doubled over and she kicked him under the chin and he fell flat on his back.

He groaned.

She pointed the gun at him and cocked it.

“Whoa! Whoa! You’re not really going to kill me, are you baby?” He laughed nervously.

She glared at him.

“You’ve beaten me, why wouldn’t I pull the trigger?” She gritted through her teeth.

“Because if my father found out he would have your head on a silver platter along with your sister’s and mother‘s.”

“Who says he’s going to find out?” She smirked.

Jacob didn’t recognize Eliana. Her voice was cold and she was just different. He approached them carefully.

“Eliana.” He spoke.

She turned to him and her eyes widened but she didn’t stop pointing the gun at Krypton.

She looked back and forth between Krypton and Jacob, she decided to keep her eyes on Krypton.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Eliana asked Jacob while not looking at him, but it was obvious the question was directed towards him.

“I told you to stay away from the woods.” Jacob hissed.

“You’re not the boss of me, Jakey, now… leave. I have business to take care of.”

“Is this your big secret?” Jacob asked. “You hurt people?”

Eliana’s eyes hardened. “I do more than hurt.”

“You’ve… killed?” Jacob just didn’t know what to believe.

She looked at him and was distraught by his disappointment. She saw it in his eyes and it broke her to see him disappointed at her. She was a failure in his eyes.

“NO!” She heard Jacob yell before she felt something in her stomach. She gasped as she looked back to meet Krypton’s eyes. He had a smirk as he held the knife he twisted it a little and she gasped. He pecked her lips before he ran away.

Jacob caught her before she hit the ground. The knife was still sticking out of her stomach. She coughed blood.

“Fuck,” She cursed.

Jacob was freaking out. He didn’t know what to do. Carlisle went to his side.

“We have to take her to a hospital, fast.” Carlisle said.

Jacob scooped her up in his arms and she screamed in pain.

“I can move faster.” Carlisle said.

Jacob didn’t want to. She was bleeding too much, what if he couldn’t control it? His imprint was in trouble and his world was crashing down.

“I can control it.” Carlisle said knowing what he was thinking.

Jacob handed her over and Carlisle ran towards the house where he would take the car. Jacob had the blood of his imprint in his hands. Jacob looked to Bella and Nessie. Bella nodded at him telling him it was okay to go.

Eliana was having a hard time breathing. It hurt every time.

“Just hang on, Eliana.” A soft voice spoke to her.

She had no idea what was happening.

“I have to get you to a get a hospital you’re bleeding too much.”

“No.” She moaned. “No hospitals.” Then her mother would find out and she didn’t want to worry her mom.

“I don’t have the equipment to handle your wound.”

Before she could protest more she felt like she was going to pass out.

Carlisle shook her as he ran. “You have to stay awake.”

“I can’t.” She muttered.

“Try.” He urged.

“My mom… sister… danger.” She said. “Help.”

Carlisle finally made it to the house. He slipped Eliana in the backseat of his Mercedes. He drove off to the hospital. Jacob moved through the forest to protect them.

Carlisle called in ahead saying he had a patient with a stab wound. When he was at the emergency entrance the stretcher was already waiting.

Medics helped Eliana out of the backseat and onto the stretcher. Jacob phased back and pulled on the sweats. He immediately followed the stretcher Eliana was on, until Carlisle stopped him.

“You have to wait you here, Jacob. I’m sorry.” He said. “I’ll inform you as soon as I know.”

Jacob thought of arguing but he didn’t. He was just so worried and felt so useless. His job was to protect her. It was what he was born to do and he failed her. She was fighting for her life.

Jacob sat in the waiting area, desperately. He watched as doctors sometimes walked out and told people their family member passed away. He took out the images of Carlisle telling him she was dead.

No. He wouldn’t accept her death.

He paced back and forth. He ran a hand through his short hair. He was going to go crazy if he didn’t know anything in the next five minutes.

After about an hour since she was brought in Carlisle walked out. He smelled her blood on Carlisle though he had no stains whatsoever.

“What?” Jacob asked.

“She lost a lot of blood… we’ve given her some but we don’t know the damage until she wakes up.” He explained. “Jacob… you have to be strong.”

“Can I see her?”

He shook his head. “Not until she’s transferred to a room. I’ll let you know, I need to call her mother.”

“I’ll do it… I think it would be best if I did.” Jacob said.

Carlisle agreed. “Come to my office. I have to go back to the clearing.”

“It’s all right.” Jacob said.

Jacob followed Carlisle to his office. After Carlisle left to go back to the clearing. Jacob dialed the number of their house.

“Hello?” Karen answered.

“It’s Jacob, Mrs. Forest.”

“Oh, Hi Jake. You and Eliana having fun? She told me you two were going to the movies.”

Jacob cleared his throat. “You should come to the hospital.”

“What? For what?” Her voice raised in panic.

“She’s… hurt.” Jacob didn’t know how to put it. How was he going to tell her that her daughter was stabbed by her boyfriend?

“Oh my goodness. Please don’t take her away God.” Karen said. “I’ll be there.”

Jacob hung up and sat on Carlisle’s chair.

He just couldn’t believe that he almost lost his imprint. She still wasn’t out of danger but at least she wasn’t dead.

His thoughts went back to Eliana’s fighting skills. She was good. Really good. But then finding out she was a killer. How was he going to deal with that?

His imprint a murderer.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)