Time Won't Heal This Damage

Lose You

Paul watched as Eliana fought for her life. After she had called her mom she lost consciousness and Jacob had to shake her to wake her up. Paul now felt guilty about what he said earlier about her. Eliana only did what she had to do to save her family from poverty. He had no right to judge her since he didn’t know her.

Carlisle arrived at Emily’s and he had a bunch of stuff. Paul and Jared helped with the things. Carlisle hooked her up to an IV. He said it was antibiotics so the wound wouldn’t get infected. Jacob watched as Eliana got a little color back.

“What now?” Jacob asked Carlisle.

Carlisle sighed as he cleaned his hands after changing the cloth from Eliana’s wound.

“You have to keep changing the cloth with new ones every few hours until it stops bleeding. She needs rest, lots of it. She overworked her body. She should’ve stayed in the hospital.” Carlisle said.

Carlisle wrote down a prescription for some more antibiotics.

“This should last for about two weeks. I’ll come back to check on her in two days.”

Jacob and Carlisle shook hands.

“She’s proven that she’s a fighter, Jacob, she’s going to make it.” Carlisle comforted.

Jacob nodded. He knew deep on his heart Eliana was going to make it but that didn’t stop him from worrying about her. She was his imprint, his reason for being on earth and for his existence. Jacob watched as the Mercedes disappeared in the darkness of the night.

He looked up to the window where Eliana was and he felt pain in his chest. Disturbing thoughts began to bother him, what if she didn’t make it? What if she bled out and he couldn’t stop it? The mere thought of losing Eliana seemed illogical, irrational.

Jacob walked inside Emily’s house and found Emily in the kitchen. Jacob went to the kitchen and Emily turned around with a tray of hot soup, water and crackers.

“Carlisle’s order for when she wakes up.” Emily said.

“I’ll take it.” Jacob said with a tone Emily didn’t recognize. Jacob took the tray from her and walked upstairs. Since the door was open he didn’t have to bother. Eliana was still asleep but she was about to wake up any second.

Meanwhile, Emily and the others talked about the recent events. So many things were happening at once. A bunch of leeches wanted to kill the Cullen’s and Eliana was a mobster.

Sam hugged Emily. “I can’t imagine what she’s gone through.” Emily spoke.

“The things she must’ve seen.” Leah said.

It was weird for Leah to show pity for anyone, especially someone she didn’t know so well.

“I’ve never seen Jacob so down.” Quil said. “God, if something happened to Claire I would go berserk.” He shuddered.

“Jacob is screaming in the inside.” Sam said softly. “He’s keeping a brave face for her and she’s doing the same for him even though she doesn’t know it.”

“Are we going to help her with her little sister?” Paul asked.

“We don’t know who we’re dealing with.” Sam said. “They’re human and we’ve swore to protect them.”

“They aren’t exactly saints. You saw how that bastard easily stabbed Eliana.” Paul argued.

“Is Paul actually concerned for someone else?” Jared joked.

Paul glared at his friends.

“I’m just saying that if I had a sister that was held by mobsters I would do anything to get her back.” Paul said defending himself.

“Let’s have a vote,” Embry suggested.

Everyone nodded.

“Those in favor to help Eliana.” Sam said he raised his hand and so did everyone else, even Emily. “It’s decided then, we’ll help her.”

--

Eliana opened her eyes and she was looking at an unfamiliar ceiling. She tried to sit up but the pain shot through her like lighting. A warm hand went to her shoulder and tried to sooth her down, it worked. She laid down back on the bed and she looked around. She locked eyes with Jacob; his warm brown eyes were looking at her with worry.

Something fuzzy inside of her grew. She felt so tried. She felt something on her arm and she lifts it and whines.

“Hooked up to machines, again.” She said.

“Carlisle said it was for antibiotics to—“

“Keep me from getting an infection since my immune system is down.” She finished for him. “Yeah, I know.”

“Eliana, I know you want to jump out and save your sister and I want to but I don’t want something like what happened in the bathroom again.” He said looking at her in the eyes to tell her he was serious.

“But she must be so scared, Jacob.” Eliana said.

“I know but… get better first.”

“I’m only staying one day in bed and then—“

“Two.” He said.

“One.” She said.

“Two and I’ll give you a kiss.” He smirked.

Eliana raised an eyebrow. “How is that relevant?”

He presses his lips against hers.

Wild fire spread through her body and filled her whole. His lips were lush and soft. Her hand automatically went to his cheek. His skin was so hot and since he was hovering her she felt the heat of his entire body and it wasn’t uncomfortable, in fact it was perfect. He moved his lips slowly and she savored his taste as he did too.

She caressed his cheek with her hand. He pulled away from her but he pecked her lips. He stayed close to her lips.

“I don’t want to lose you.” He whispered.

“Because I’m your imprint.” She said in a tone he didn’t understand.

“Because you’re also my friend.” He said. That made her smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 out of 3 updates :)