Time Won't Heal This Damage

Has a Heart

Eliana laid in the bed trying to think of what she could do. Earlier she promised Jacob she would stay until she was better. He informed her everyone wanted to help her. She couldn’t believe everyone wanted to though. She was used to doing things herself to do things her way. But now she had a family. A huge family.

--

Jacob downstairs was sleeping soundly. His dreams filled of Eliana dying in his arms. He woke up in four in the morning. His heart was beating fast. He raced upstairs and checked on Eliana. She was there and breathing.

He closed the door.

He went back downstairs and found Sam awake too.

“Hey,” Jacob said.

“Morning, how is she?”

“Still breathing.” Jacob took the seat across from him.

“She’s so lucky.” Sam said drinking his morning coffee.

“Yeah, I swear, man. My world was crashing down.” Jacob thought back to when she got stabbed and shuddered.

“I wouldn’t wish what you went through on anyone.” Sam said.

Jacob and Sam talked more about what their next step was. Jacob told Sam he wanted to make sure Eliana got back on her feet before planning anything certain. He didn’t want to risk her life ever again. Heck, he didn’t even want the pain from hurting her but it was something out of his hand.

Three hours later Jacob was cooking breakfast for Eliana. He yawned deeply as he poured the orange juice and he missed. He cursed as he reached for a towel and dried the table before Emily could find out.

Jacob placed the plate of eggs with bacon on the tray along with a cup of juice. Emily walked in the kitchen and smiled when she saw what he was doing.

“I never thought I would see you do this, Jacob.” Emily smiled with a chuckle.

Jacob blushed a bit. “I had a lot of time in my hands.”

Emily smirked. “Wait here, there’s something missing.” Emily walked outside to her garden and picked out a yellow and red rose. She removed the thorns and walked back inside. Jacob saw the flowers and smiled.

Emily found a small narrow vase and poured some water and placed the two roses in it.

“The yellow so she can get well and red for passion.” Emily giggled.

Jacob muttered a thank you and placed the roses on the tray. He picked it up and headed to Eliana’s room.

The door was open and she was awake.

--

Eliana saw Jacob walk in the tray of food and it touched her heart. She sat straight up and winced a little. Jacob heard it and his heart pounded thinking the worse. When he found out it was nothing, he scolded himself for getting so worried. The smile on her face made everything worth it.

He placed the tray in front of her. He leaned down for a kiss. She didn’t hesitate to kiss back. She showed him how much this meant to her. No one--not even Krypton--brought her food to the bed. She parted her lips and Jacob moaned when their tongues meet, to think he’s been missing this for weeks.

Eliana and Jacob pulled apart.

“That’s how I want to wake up every day.” Jacob smirked.

Eliana giggled.

“I made you giggle.” Jacob grinned proud of himself.

“Yes, yes you did.” Eliana said.

“I think hell is frozen now.”

Eliana punched him lightly she was still weak. Jacob went around the bed and sat next to her. Eliana looked at the tray. Eggs, bacon, orange juice and two kinds of roses. One yellow and one red. She looked to Jacob and pecked his lips.

“Thank you… no one’s ever done this for me.”

Jacob and Eliana’s forehead leaned on each other and stared into each other’s eyes. Jacob was getting lost in her ocean-like eyes and Eliana wasn’t so cold anymore thanks to his warm eyes and body. Jacob’s large hand cupped her cheek and his thumb caressed her.

“If you would’ve told me we were going to be like this…ever, I would’ve said you were mentally ill.” Eliana sighed deeply.

“Same here.” Jacob smiled.

She laughed a little.

“I love your laugh.”

“I love you…r…eyes.” She caught herself before anything happened.

Jacob raised an eyebrow. He caught it. She was going to say it but something stopped her. He didn’t pressure so he mocked her jokingly.

“I love you…r eyes, too.”

She groaned and rolled her eyes. “You’re going to hold that against me, aren’t you?”

“Maybe, maybe not. I’m just happy to have you alive in my arms.” He put an arm around her. “Now eat!” He said picking up a fork and picking up some eggs and brought it to her lips. She took the bite and chewed.

“Hmm,” She smiled.

“Good?” He asked.

She nods. “Delicious. I was half expecting eggs with a lot of salt… or burnt”

He laughs.

“Where did you learn to do them so good?” Eliana took the fork from Jacob and ate. Suddenly she was so hungry.

“I had to cook for my dad and I when my sisters left.” he said.

“Well, I myself make a really good Mac and cheese.”

Jacob laughed again.

“I’m sure.” He chuckled.

“I do! Ask Amb…er.” Eliana wasn’t so hungry anymore. She set down the fork as a feeling of guilt took over here. “I should’ve been more careful.”

“Eliana, you need to eat.” Jacob insisted as he picked up the fork again but she shook her head.

“I’m always careful. I made sure Krypton was away so I could free the targets!” It was like she was talking more to herself.

“Targets?” Jacob asked. “What were you doing out in the clearing?”

She sighed. “It was another job. We had to interrogate him because he was a snitch for the FBI. But he had a family so I was going to let him go and make Carmelo think he was dead like I mostly do.”

“I don’t get it.”

“During interrogation I determine if the person should live or not. If not, I kill them.” Eliana looked into his eyes for his reaction, he remained calm so she continued. “And when they’re good, I take their pinkie finger and let them go.”

“So, Krypton saw you release one, he found out you were a traitor.” Jacob concluded. He was so happy his imprint wasn’t a cold blooded killer. She had a heart.

“Yeah, but it wasn’t always like that. The first year I had to prove myself worthy of Carmelo’s trust and a lot of innocent people died.”

Jacob hugged her tighter. He wanted to shield her from all those memories but it was something else that was out of his hands. Out of his power to do anything all he could do was be with her and not turn his back on her.

“That’s why you’ve always been so distant from everyone.”

Eliana nodded.

“If I had friends they would ask questions and I would never give them the truth so I just stopped going out with them and slowly they just judged me and started rumors. I’ve never killed a cop.”

“So where were you all last year?”

Eliana smiled.

“I was in California. My aunt was having some trouble and my mom sent me to help her with the kids while she got her act together. I took care of my cousins while my aunt was getting sober.”

“So you weren’t in jail or prison?”

“Nope. Nor was I selling my body for drugs or having orgies.” Eliana laughed at the last one. “That was just plain dumb.”

“So while others thought you were doing drugs, in prison and having orgies, you were really taking care of your cousins for a year while your aunt sobered up.” Jacob smiled.

She smiled back. “What?”

“You have a heart.”

She rolled her eyes.

“Seriously, you’re not an emotionless bitch as everyone thinks.”

She gasped in pretend hurt.

“I am hurt. I always showed emotion. Annoyed, bored and angry are emotions.”

Jacob laughed.