Time Won't Heal This Damage

Change of Plans

“You’re a sick fuck!” Eliana spat at Carmelo. She smelled burnt skin and it was hers.

“A pissed off sick fuck.” Carmelo snarled. “I trusted you, Eliana and you broke that trust. You were the best I had and now… look where your conscience has brought you.”

“I’m not a killer.” Eliana said.

Carmelo and Krypton laughed like it was the funniest thing they’ve ever heard.

“As I remember correctly… you came to me for help. Mom, wasn’t making ends meet and you couldn’t afford a lawyer… tsk, tsk, I gave you money when you needed it the most and this is how you repay me?!” He yelled in her face.

Suddenly the lights went out. Eliana used the minor distraction to kick the guy holding her in the shins and knock him out with a punch. She then kicked the guy holding her mother at the back and he let’s her go. Eliana knocked him out with a round kick.

“Get down!” Eliana yelled to her mother. Karen did so.

Eliana went after the guy holding her little sister. Shooting started to go off and all aimed at her but she used her advantage of darkness to move swiftly and get Amber. Amber started to cry and Eliana covered her mouth.

“It’s me.” She whispered in Amber’s ear and Amber quiet down.

She had to hide before they got their visions clear. Eliana hid behind a couple of stacked wooden boxes. She had no idea what caused the lights to go out. The plan of the FBI was to barge in when Amber and Karen were out.

“Eliana.” A deep voice said from behind her. Eliana went for a punch and then realized when the person groaned that it was Sam.

“Oh, shit, Sam, I’m so sorry.” Eliana whispered.

Sam held his nose and cracked it to the side and fixed it.

“No problem, I shouldn’t have sneaked up on you… you hit hard, seriously.”

Eliana then realized Sam was in front of her. “What are you doing here?!”

“Came to help you.” Sam said and then she heard it the howl of several wolves.

“You can’t harm Carmelo or Krypton, please.” Eliana begged.

Sam didn’t understand why but he listened to her. He phased and told the pack not to kill Carmelo or Krypton. Eliana remembered then she had a microphone so she yanked it off and hoped the FBI wouldn’t barge in. Eliana looked at Amber. “Everything’s going to be fine.”

“Hey.” A familiar voice said. Eliana turned around and smiled as Seth was there.

“Take Amber and get her somewhere far.” Eliana ordered as she gave him Amber.

“All right, but I have strict orders to take you too.” Seth said.

Eliana thought about his words for a split second before she put it together.

“You can tell Jacob there was a change in plans. I need to make sure Carmelo and Krypton go down.”

“But--”

“Go!” Eliana hissed at him.

Seth seemed torn but decided to listen to Eliana since she was a lot more scarier than Jacob. Eliana went behind one of Carmelo’s men and turned his neck sideways killing him. He dropped to the ground. Elian took his gun and his other loads. She stuffed the loads in her pockets. She cocked the gun and began to shoot.

Eliana’s aim was perfect even in the dark. She aimed for the head or the heart and to some people she knew that had families and some kind of moral she would shoot them in the leg or the arm.

The gun was knocked away from her and she faced Krypton. He had a smirk on his face. He had no knife or gun but he was still good at martial arts.

Eliana made the first move and went for the sides but he blocked just like she wanted him to. Eliana then swung her fist to his face which made contact. Krypton let’s go of her leg to cradled his face.

“Fuck!” He cursed.

Eliana smirked. She went for another kick and he was too slow to block it and it hit him. It wasn’t long before she had him bleeding but in a single mistake she made he had her. He had feigned a move to the left but when right and his foot hit her wound causing her to cry out in pain.

“That’s right, bitch!” Krypton spat.

He used that moment of weakness to hit her again and this time she dropped to the floor on her knees covering her wound which was bleeding out slowly. She tried to block as many kicks as she could but her reflexes slowed down.

Eliana had to concentrate. She took a deep breath and swallowed the pain as she used her foot and hit him in the back of the knee and he doubled over a bit and she used the moment to right hook him under the chin. Her bloody knuckles made contact with his face again and more blood spluttered, she had broken his nose.

“That’s right, bitch!” Eliana quoted him with a smirk.

Krypton groaned, she went to her gun and cocked it she aimed for his head. A warm hand stopped her. Jacob held her hand with the gun. She looked into his brown eyes.

“Don’t… you’re not like them.”

She blinked looked back to Krypton.

“Is everything handled?” Eliana asked Jacob.

“Yes.”

“Get everyone out, the FBI is coming.”

“But--”

“Jacob, please.” Her eyes didn’t leave Krypton. “Trust me.”

Jacob kissed her cheek. “All right.”

He phased into a wolf and ordered everyone to leave, well Leah and Seth but Sam had heard Eliana’s orders and took Karen and Amber with them as they fled.

Eliana took out the pager from inside her shirt and pressed the button. In less than five minutes the FBI bombarded the place. They found Eliana pointing the gun at Krypton and her wounds. Paramedics were called and she was taken to the hospital.

Three hours later Eliana was in hospital bed with bandages around her torso since she had a couple of broken ribs and the stab wound had reopened a bit, plus she had bandages around her arm since Carmelo burned her.

The doctor said there was nothing he could do about the burn scars but Eliana didn’t really care about that.

Agent Sutherland walked in the next day in the afternoon. Karen and Amber were by her bed side. Karen and Amber don’t remember anything but Eliana knew they saw the wolves and didn’t say anything which made Eliana happy.

Agent Sutherland asked her questions and she said she shot all of them. Things got rough and she had to take action. Agent Sutherland didn’t ask questions.

“We have Carmelo and Krypton but we need the evidence you told us about.”

“In my jeans there’s a set of keys.” Eliana pointed to the hospital closet. He goes over and extracts the keys. “It opens a locker in the local train station and in there is a bunch of paper of the frauds they’ve committed and the dirty money they’ve gotten from Asia, Europe and how they began contact with some terrorists.”

“When we have it, you’ll be free from all charges. Including murder.”

“That was the deal.”

“And your father’s appeal has been moved up to in three months instead of a year.” Agent Sutherland smiled.

Eliana grinned. “Thank you sir.”

“You should consider joining the force, Eliana, you’re pretty good with a gun.” Agent Sutherland complimented and left with the keys.