Time Won't Heal This Damage

Silver

Eliana looked around her bedroom. Last time she was there was torn apart by Carmelo’s men. Her father’s guitar had been smashed to pieces. Eliana noticed a new guitar that was exactly like her father’s except that it wasn’t actually the one. Eliana picked it up. It was brand new.

“A gift from the Cullen’s.” Jacob said entering her room with her bag of clothes.

Eliana turned around with the guitar strapped around her. She played a riff and smiled. She set the guitar down. Jacob put her bag down at the corner of the bedroom. Jacob sat on the edge of her bed and watched her as she looked at the stuff in her room. Everything was so new. She now had a brand new laptop on her brand new desk.

“Was everything from the Cullen’s?” She asked Jacob.

Jacob nodded. “They have enough money to wipe their asses… if they actually could poop.” Jacob confused himself and Eliana laughed at that. Jacob’s eyes went over to her shelf of trophies of dancing and marital arts. “Do you plan on going into dancing?”

Eliana shook her head. “Nah… I don’t think I can move like I used to.”

Jacob looked at her direction. “What do you mean?”

“I mean that back then I loved it and now it seems pointless.”

“Maybe if you tried it again you’ll fall back in love.” Jacob said.

She smiled because he was encouraging her.

“I don’t know, Jakey, maybe.” Eliana said.

Jacob’s phone went off. He flipped it open. Eliana walked over to her closet and found a lot of clothes. Most were things she would actually wear. She made a mental note to remember to thank the Cullen’s for everything.

“Baby,” Jacob said and Eliana turned around and she noticed the tension in his muscles, “I have to go.”

“What happened?” She asked.

“New vampire scent around Forks and we need to check it out if he or she is friendly.”

“Oh, all right.” Eliana said she pecked his lips. “Take care.”

“Always.” Jacob said and left.

Eliana didn’t know what to do. Well, she first had to put her clothes away but that only took ten minutes and she still had a whole afternoon and night to kill. She walked over to her trophies and stared at them. She sat down on her bed and stared at her trophies. Back then they meant so much to her and she felt so proud of them, but during the past four or three years she would rarely glance at them because they reminded her of an old version of herself.

Now she had another version of herself. One that allowed someone in her heart and trusted very much with her life.

Her life had been turned upside down ever since Jacob came into it. It wasn’t a bad or a good thing. It was different. Maybe if it wasn’t for him she would still be working for Carmelo and killing innocent people.

She needed medical help. Ever since she confessed to Jacob her real job she has seen the faces of the many she’s killed. Guilt was finally catching up to her and in the worst way possible. She didn’t like sleeping because she would relive their pleads and cries for help.

“Ellie!” Amber’s sweet voice called her.

Eliana snapped out of her trance and forced a sweet smile for her little sister.

“I want ice cream.”

“And I want pizza and movies, let’s go get them.” Eliana said picking up her little sister. Karen gave them forty bucks to get the ice cream, pizza and movies.

Eliana got inside her mom’s car and made her ways to Forks. First stop was the movies. Eliana and Amber went separate ways. Amber went to the children’s section and Eliana went to the action movies. She looked at the new releases. She had not seen Crank 2 and she was a fan of Jason Statham. It might be his hot body or his accent or the combination of both but she has seen all of his movies.

She reached for Crank: High Voltage but at the same time someone else did too. She touched his cold skin and she pulled back out of instinct. Eliana followed the hand and it belonged to a beautiful man. He looked roughly the same age as she maybe a year or two older.

He had long-ish brown hair. Strong jaw and really nice facial structures. His eyes were a hazel kind but Eliana could tell he was wearing contacts. She remembers how cold his skin had been and then she puts the pieces of puzzle together. He was not human. He was too perfect to be human, vampire.

“You like Jason Statham as well?” His voice was velvet.

He didn’t seem dangerous. But most killers don’t look dangerous until they are. Like she was.

“He’s a great actor and martial artist.” Eliana said finding her voice.

He gave her a bright smile. He extended his hand for a shake and she took it.

“Silver Halen.” He said.

“Eliana Forest.” She said.

He gave her a crooked smile. “Beautiful name.”

“Yours too, Silver, it’s unique.” Eliana said.

“Thank you.” He bowed his head a little.

“Are you new here?” She asked. “I come here a lot and never seen you.”

He nods. “Passing through and decided to check out the scenery.”

“Oh, well Forks isn’t all that fun.” Eliana said.

He grinned. “Oh really?”

“Yeah,” Eliana said, “La Push has the beaches and the cliff diving is always a way to pump your adrenaline.”

“I’ll have to try it before I leave.” Silver said with a cute smile.

“You’ll have a blast but it’s better during the summer, right now, with the crazy storms it sucks. You could get… hypothermia.” She said the last word without holding her laugh. A vampire getting hypothermia.

“Sounds like a fun thing to do.” Silver said.

“Ellie! Found it!” Amber said with a box of DVD in her hands. Eliana picked her up and balanced her on one hip.

“Camp Rock?” Eliana asked.

“Yeah!” Amber said excitedly. Amber’s eyes went to Silver. “Who are you?”

“I’m Silver, what’s your name little one?”

“I’m not allowed to say to strangers.” Amber said.

“He’s all right, Amber.” Eliana said.

Amber smiled towards him. “Amber Forest.”

“A pleasure.” Silver said. His hands in his pocket. “You should take the movie, I’ve seen it three times already.”

Eliana took it. “Thanks. See you around, Silver.”

“See you soon, Eliana.” He said and as Eliana walked past him she gave him a confused look but continued to walk away. She checked out the two movies plus another one she found on her way called ‘He’s Just Not That Into You’. She liked Drew Berrymore and Justin Long.

She couldn’t stop thinking about Silver and his words. He obviously didn’t know that she knew he was a vampire. He had to be that vampire Jacob was talking about earlier. After the movies they got the pizza and the ice cream. On her way back home Eliana thought about Silver, again, he just kept popping up. He didn’t seem like a human killer because wouldn’t his eyes be red like Jacob had explained once?

Eliana parked the car in the garage and took Amber out of her seat booster. Karen already had the paper plates out and soda. They put in Camp Rock and Amber was happy as she could be watching a corny ass movie. Eliana couldn’t believe what she had to endure for her little sister. Amber was asleep before she even got to her ice cream. Eliana took her upstairs and put her to bed.

Eliana went back downstairs. Karen had to leave for her graveyard shift. Eliana watched Crank alone. Eliana liked how Chester from Linkin Park came out in the horse race and Jason sort of rubbed himself on him. She didn’t like the ending because it didn’t make much sense but she turned off the TV and went to the kitchen and started to eat the cookie n’ cream ice cream.

Eliana screamed when she turned around and found Jacob shirtless at the entrance of her kitchen.

“Man! What the hell?!” She yelled.

Jacob sniffed the air and scrunched his nose.

“Where were you?” He asked. “You stink like a vampire.”

“I thought vampires smelled sweet.” She retorted with a smirk.

“Too sweet where it hurts.” Jacob said with a small hard stare. “You were with a vampire?”

“His name is Silver.”

“HIS?” Jacob extended the word.

“There’s no echo, Jake, I said his name is Silver and I met him at the video store in Forks.”

“Then why is HIS scent leading me to your house?” Jacob said clenching hands.

Eliana furrowed his eyebrows. “He followed me here?”

“Sort of, I’ve smelled his scent before around your place.” Jacob said remembering the time he and Carlisle had come and found out a male vampire had been circling Eliana’s home for months. Jacob’s blood boiled with anger.

“Talk about stalking, he’s cute though.”

Jacob snapped his head towards her with a glare. “You’re mine.” He growled.

She rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, yeah,” She muttered and walked past him but he gripped her hand, “let go Jacob.”

“Don’t go near him again until we know if--”

“He doesn’t feed on humans, his eyes were hazel. Almost like the Cullen’s.” She said.

Jacob let’s go of her. “Let me protect you.”