Time Won't Heal This Damage

Not True

“Protect me? He hasn’t done anything to hurt me.” Eliana laughed.

“He feeds off humans!” Jacob yelled.

Eliana didn’t say anything.

“I saw his eyes Jacob.”

“He could’ve been wearing contacts.” Jacob said.

“Jacob, you are being really overbearing right now, okay?” Eliana said.

“I only want you to be safe.” Jacob said.

“I’m not going to be out looking for him.” Eliana said.

“But he’ll come to you.”

“And you’ll be here to protect me.”

Jacob knew that was true.

“I’ll never leave your side.” He said.

Eliana shook her head. “I don’t think so. I need a boyfriend, not a body guard.”

“I can do both.” He said.

“No, you need to relax, all right?”

Jacob nodded and took a deep breath.

“If he so much as touches you I’ll make sure he dies a painful death.”

Eliana rolled her eyes. “Shut up and come and eat some ice cream with me.”

“I can’t I have to go patrol around here.”

“How are you going to protect me if you’re outside, genius?” Eliana said in a ‘duh’ tone.

Jacob rolled his eyes.

“Fine.” He said as he sat down on her table. “What did he say to you?”

“Not much. Just that he was passing through. He doesn’t know I know what he is.”

“That’s good.”

“Silver didn’t seem like a bad guy.”

“Don’t name him.” Jacob snarled. “He’s a leech.”

“So is Bella and do you call her leech?”

“She’s different. She doesn’t feed on humans.”

“How do you know Silver feeds on humans?” Eliana retorted.

Jacob didn’t know. So he stayed quiet and Eliana smirked.

“See? Don’t judge a person. You judged me and you ended up stuck with me.”

Jacob smiled. “But you’re my soul mate, there’s a difference.”

“I’m sure. I’m just saying that if you weren’t have imprinted on me you would’ve never noticed me.” Eliana said.

Jacob shook his head. “We have all of our classes together.”

“True, but so for the past four years, did you notice me then?”

“Somewhat.” Jacob mumbled.

“As Satan’s spawn.” Eliana said.

“You were very bitchy.”

“Still am, hun.” Eliana smiled.

Jacob left at ten in the night. Jacob phased as soon he was out of her house. He started to do a perimeter around her house. The vampire smell was strong. He had to have been there while he was inside. Jacob’s insides burned. He wasn’t going to lose someone else to a leech.

Eliana was getting irritated by his protectiveness and he could tell. Eliana wasn’t like Bella who was afraid most of the time, when she was human. Eliana was brave, stubborn and strong. She was capable of protecting herself but not against a vampire.

Jacob circled her house for hours until it was one am and he decided to take a nap.

Eliana was sleeping her bed soundly when she cold breeze. She opened her eyes slowly and saw that her window was open. She frowned. She didn’t leave her window open. Her eyes searched the room and it landed on Silver who was in her corner.

He was surprised that she was awake.

Eliana got up. “What are you doing here?”

“You know what I am.” Silver said with a crooked smile.

“Yes and my werewolf boyfriend isn’t going to like that you’re here.”

“He won’t be disturbing us.” He smiled.

Eliana looked at him with narrowed eyes. “What did you do?”

“Don’t worry, he’s alive but just in a deep sleep. It’s my power.” He smiled.

“You put people to sleep?”

“It comes in handy, trust me.” He smiled.

“What do you want from me?”

“I’ve been watching you for months.”

“And it’s not disturbing.” She said dryly and sarcastically.

“You’re an interesting human.”

“If I had a nickel for every time someone told me that.” Eliana smirked.

He laughed. “Your sarcasm is very charming and your skills to kill--”

“What?” She said.

“I know what you’ve done. The people you’ve killed so merciless. I like that in a woman.”

“I didn’t do it out of joy.” Eliana gritted.

He shook his head. “I’ve been around long enough to know when someone has to kill someone and when someone likes it. You like to kill.”

Eliana always fought off that dark side of her. The one who would arise with something sinister inside of her. Something she was afraid of tapping into.

“It’s not true.” She whispered.

“It’s all in your eyes. You carry their blood in your hands, Eliana.” Silver said stepping closer to her until he was at the end of her bed. He crawled over to her until his face was mere centimeters away. “Your mutt is only dragging you down.”

“I--”

“Shush, love, let me show you what you can have with me.” He kissed her sweetly and innocently.

She kissed him back and for a quick second she forgot about Jacob until she remembered and it was a cold bucket of water. She pulled away stunned what she had done. She didn’t even feel like kissing him but once she did it was like she couldn’t control her body.

“I can do things that will make you happy.” He smiled. “We can kill together.”

She closed her eyes ad fought of the dark side of her.

“I’ll think about it.” She said opening her eyes.

He pecked her lips.

“I’ll be waiting for you. I will return in two days for you.”