Time Won't Heal This Damage

Explode

Eliana and Jacob got out of bed and went to the kitchen. They ate their cereal in complete silence. Billy looked at Eliana and Jacob. He didn’t think he would have to give them the talk but it seemed appropriate.

“Kids,” Billy said, “I think we need to talk about… human urges.”

Eliana and Jacob groaned. “Dad!”

“Billy, we don’t need the sex talk.” Eliana said.

“But you’re at a age where you do need to know the consque--”

“I use birth control pill.” Eliana said.

Jacob dropped his spoon and Billy grew even through his dark skin Eliana could tell. She licked her lips and chewed on the inside of her cheek.

“That was just to tell you guys. I’m not ready for sex, Jake knows that.” Eliana said.

“Yeah, dad,” Jacob cleared his throat, “we’re fine.”

Billy nodded his head. “All right, just don’t surprise one day that she’s pregnant and you two aren’t married yet.”

Eliana dropped her spoon and chuckled as she look at Billy. “It’s a little early to be talking about marriage.”

Jacob furrowed his eyebrows. “Sam and Emily got engaged almost right away.”

“So? We’re not Sam and Emily, I’m sure you’ve noticed that.” Eliana said.

“You don’t want to marry me?” Jacob asked.

Eliana chuckled, “It’s not that it’s that… uh… it’s a bit early. I mean we’ve only been together a couple of weeks.”

“You’re my imprint, my eternal mate.” Jacob said.

“Why are you acting like such a girl, Jake? I just said it was a bit early to be talking about. It.”

Jacob pursed his lips. Billy felt guilty for bringing up the subject.

“I need to go home.” Eliana said.

“You ne--”

“Don’t tell me what I need or don’t need.” Eliana snapped.

Jacob narrowed his eyes at her.

“I need to go home and change out of these clothes.” She gestured to herself.

“Fine!” Jacob yelled as he pushed his bowl away.

Eliana did the same. “Fine!”

Eliana got her things and walked outside. Jacob was inside of his rabbit. He drove and it was a tense and silent ride. He stopped at her house. She got out and slammed the door shut. Jacob hit that steering wheel and yelled in frustration.

Why did his imprint have to be so damn stubborn? He rubbed his face. It was incredible how easily he could lose his temper when it came to Eliana. He was afraid that one day he might lose it and hurt her like Sam hurt Emily… or worse.

He wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he somehow hurt Eliana. Physically or emotionally. Her pain was his pain. Jacob knew his pack was around somewhere because he had instructed them to do so.

The morning had begun so peacefully and now his relationship was on the edge.

Eliana arrived at her house and she noticed her mom was home but she was on the phone. Amber was in her room. Eliana went upstairs and took a shower. She shouldn’t have exploded like that towards Jake. She tried to keep her old self away but sometimes it would jump out at her.

It was a defense mechanism. She was a cobra and when cornered--take marriage for instance--she attacked.

Marriage seemed so adult and not what she wanted to do at all. Not yet at least. She knew she loved Jake and she did herself having children with them but she just couldn’t handle it at such a young age.

“Why did Billy have to bring that up?” Eliana muttered as she chose her clothes for the day.

It was Sunday.

She promised Amber she would take her to the park and have some fun. Eliana fixed herself and knocked on Amber’s door. Amber answered.

“You ready?” Eliana asked.

“I just need my jump rope.” Amber said.

Eliana told her mother where they were going and she approved. Eliana and Amber got inside her mother’s car and drove to Forks where they had a great park. Eliana parked the car and took Amber out with all of her toys.

Amber went off with her friends and weirdly… Edward and Bella were there with Renesmee who now looked like she was eight or nine. Eliana approached them with a smile.

“It’s incredible how fast she’s growing.” Eliana pointed out.

“See?” Bella slapped Edward’s chest. “I told you people would notice.”

“Well, that’s only because I know who she is but other people would think there would be two different girls.” Eliana said.

“See?” Edward said. “How are you?”

“Can’t you read my mind?” Eliana tapped her temple.

Edward shook his head. “Bella has her shield up in case Silver tries to show up.”

“Shield?” Eliana asked.

“It’s my power. I can stop any kind of metal powers like reading the mind and attacking the mind.” Bella explained.

Eliana nodded. “Cool power. I wonder if I’d change I get a power and what would it. I always wanted to move things with my mind. Maybe explode things with my mind.”

Edward and Bella chuckled.

“If Jacob heard you talk like that… he would kill himself.” Bella laughed.

Eliana shrugged.