Time Won't Heal This Damage

Ninja

Eliana felt so stupid. She got upset for something that Jacob didn’t even bring up. She knew she would eventually marry him but talking about it so soon rushed her and she hates being rushed. Eliana laid in bed and groaned. She had nothing to do now that she was no longer ‘in the business’.

She didn’t have these kinds of problems with Krypton, but Krypton was an asshole and she was glad she was out of that now.

Eliana should call Jacob but she was too stubborn. Instead she would wait for him to call. She picked up her guitar and started to strum random notes. Her fingers moved smoothly and naturally across the neck of the guitar and her guitar pick moved as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

Her mind and body relaxed with the strumming sounds. She forgot about her supernatural problems and concentrated on making music. Maybe she could do that. Become a music producer. She doesn’t have the voice to sing so maybe she could create music for others.

It was a long shot and a slim to none chance that she could make it but she’s had worse odds.

A howl made her jump. It was close and it sounded like someone was hurt. Something told her to stay inside of the house so she checked through the window. She checked all around the forest but couldn’t see anything because it was dark.

“Jacob,” Eliana mumbled to herself worried sick. “Please be all right, please be all right.”

There was another howl and it broke Eliana, somehow she knew that was Jacob in pain and she had to get to him. To help him, she dropped her guitar and took her jacket and raced downstairs. Karen and Amber were too into the TV to notice Eliana was gone.

She closed the back door quietly and sprinted towards the forest.

She used all of her strength to get to Jacob. He wouldn’t be far because of Silver.

Horrible thoughts of what might’ve happened to Jacob flashed through her mind and she squashed them down.

She stopped when she a rock of russet fur on the ground with stains of blood.

“Jacob!” Eliana called out and the animal whimpered.

Eliana reached the animal and it was Jacob. She almost screamed when the animal shook but it was Jacob phasing back to human form. Ignoring his nakedness she leveled down next to him and touched his face.

Real tears fell down her face.

“Jacob!” She called out.

She looked around to see if Jared or anyone else was around.

She squinted her eyes and she saw a large gray rock with red stains. Eliana cursed as she took out her phone and dialed Sam’s.

It rang twice.

“Hello?” A groggy voice asked.

“Sam! Jake and Jared have been attacked and there’s blood--”

“Where are you?” He asked.

“Outside my house!”

In just a few minutes everyone from both packs were there. They took Jacob and Jared to Sam’s place since it was the closets one. Eliana stayed in the room with Jacob was Sam and Old Quil tended the wounds.

Carlisle came over and helped with stitches and diagnosis. Jacob and Jared only had a couple of broken bones. Carlisle left after he attended.

No one came into Jacob’s room. Eliana stayed with him and watched him sleep.

It was her fault he was there wounded and hurt. Eliana’s phone vibrated from her pocket. She took it out and almost cursed out loud.

Forest near your home in ten minutes.

Eliana didn’t need a name to know who it was. She had to go. Jacob’s and Jared’s injuries were a warning.

Eliana walked over next to Jacob and looked at his wounded face. Her stomach felt funny. Without another word she went out the window of the room. She couldn’t face the others.

|Two Hours Later|

Jacob gasped as he regained consciousness. His head hurt but he woke up for another reason. Eliana was in danger. His soul reacted to Eliana’s fear.

The door opened and Emily had a plate of food and a glass of juice so he could get some energy. Emily found Jacob pulling on one of Sam’s shirt.

“Jacob… where is Eliana?” Emily asked.

“She’s in danger,” Jacob said as he took the sandwich Emily made and shoved it down his throat.

Emily’s eyes went wide, “But she didn’t… oh, she went out the window.” Emily said as she looked at the open window. “Are you sure she isn’t a ninja?”

Jacob would laugh if the situation wasn’t real.

“Silver is after her. I’m only the distraction,” Jacob groaned.

“I’ll tell the others, Jacob… wait!”

But Jacob was out the window and into the ground.

“You’re not healed!” Emily called out.

Jacob phased and bit down the pain. He sensed for Eliana and he sensed her towards the cliffs. In the weather there was it was dangerous. The rain poured down on him but he ran with all of his might.

He was going to save her no matter what.

Eliana jumped off the cliff and directly into the dangerous water. She heard Silver’s cries and then in seconds she hit the water and it hit her like a wall. Her body cringed in pure pain but she fought it. She tried to move but the water was so cold she couldn’t move right.

Somehow she made it to the surface of the water. She gasped and looked up and saw Silver’s body figure. A wave hit her and it sent her underwater. She fought the currents and concentrated on staying alive.

She was able to avoid a huge rock.

The current moved her away from the shore and deeper into the pacific waters. If she continued to move she was going to go deeper in the waters. She had to get to a rock but the wind and the rain were not on her side.

She pushed herself past the limit and worked her body for things it wasn’t meant to do but the instinct for survival was stronger.

She was able to reach the rock and she climbed to the top of it. She yelped when a wave crashed and the water hit her. She almost fell but hanged on even though she felt her nails breaking.

“Eliana!” she heard someone.

Eliana looked to the shore and saw Quil and Embry.

“HELP!” Eliana yelled.

Eliana started to feel dizzy and she touched her head and brought her hand to her eyes and saw the blood. She cursed.

“DON’T MOVE!” Quil yelled.

“I DON’T REALLY HAVE ANYWHERE TO MOVE!” Eliana yelled back.

“Oh… RIGHT, SORRY!” Quil said.

The wind continued to make things so much worse. Hours later when the rain stopped Eliana was passed out on the rock.

Jacob Black ripped off Silver’s head and the Cullen’s helped with the rest of the parts. They wouldn’t be able to start a fire in a such a wet place so the Cullen’s rushed the pieces to their home where they would start a fire and burn it.

Jacob went to the edge of the cliff and looked down.

He could see her body on a rock and he could see someone swimming to her. The waves were still strong. Jacob jumped.