Time Won't Heal This Damage

Not in the Mood

Eliana got inside of the black BMW, Krypton, her ‘boyfriend’ was in there waiting for her. His eyes were on Jacob Black. She pretended not to notice.

“Is he going to be any trouble? He looks like he’s about to punch someone,” Krypton said, and the car began to move.

“Who are you talking about?” she played the dumb card.

He narrowed his eyes at her. “Right, I’ll forget about this once you kiss me.”

His lips were on her before she could think. She kissed him back. It was always pretend with her, she didn’t want to think of what would happen if she rejected him, well, she did know, she had bruises to prove of what would happen.

Eventually, he pulled from the kiss and he just caressed her face.

“Dad has a good paying job for you,” he whispered like it was lovely words he was saying. His dad was Carmelo, the mobster that Eliana had a debt to repay.

“What is it?”

“It’s an easy one,” he murmured. “It’s just torturing information out of some scumbags, you up for it?”

She smiled. “Always.”

“Good, you’ll be getting a lot of money for this job, if you do it right.”

--

Jacob couldn’t see anything with those tinted windows, but he still followed. They were headed towards Port Angeles. It was a good thing they kept on the road with the forest on the side.

Once in the city, Jacob changed back into human form, pulled on his shorts and followed the BMW on foot. The car stopped at a warehouse. The same guy from First Beach walked out. Eliana got out through the other side. They walked inside the warehouse together.

Jacob waited patiently for her to come out.

His phone vibrated. It was a miracle he still had it because most of the time it flied out when he was running. He looked at the caller ID. It was Bella.

He was torn between his old love and his imprint, but he cared about Bella. He answered.

“Hello?”

“Where are you?” She asked.

“Port Angeles, why?” He asked.

“Why are you there?” She asked.

“Just… nothing, what is it? Is something wrong?”

“Something… happened… well it will happen. You need to come now, please.”

Jacob hesitated.

A few days ago he wouldn’t have. He would’ve been already at her house but now he had an imprint and his imprint could also be in trouble but he thought of Nessie. He promised her he would protect her.

“I’m on my way.”

--

Eliana got home around eleven at night.

“Thank goodness you’re here.” Her mother said. Her mom worked the night shift at the hospital and Eliana had to take care of her three year old little sister, Amber.

When her father was arrested, she was fourteen, and then a few days after her dad was sent to prison, her mother found out she was pregnant.

“Eliana, dear,” Her mother, Karen, said. “Why are you so late?”

“Um, went with my friends to Port Angeles and lost track of time, I’m sorry.” She lied but her mother didn’t know she had no friends. That she had no one to talk to for the past three years except her little sister.

“Okay, but please call next time. I have to go.” Karen was already in her scrubs. She kissed her daughters on the cheek and left.

Eliana walked to her sister’s room. She was sound asleep. Eliana took one of the baby monitors and went upstairs to take a shower. You’d think that because her mother was a nurse that the money should be easy, but they struggled every month with bills.

If it wasn’t for the money Eliana made with the jobs of Carmelo they would’ve been in the streets for sure. She hid the money she made in an old pink box. The pink box is a musical box her father gave her when she was five.

Of course it was your typical music box with the ballerina in it.

“What is it? What is it?” Five year old Eliana jumped up and down.

It was her birthday and her father brought something that he was hidden behind him. Her father, Mark, smiled as he saw his little girl jump with joy.

He bent down and showed her the music box.

“It’s a music box sweetheart. Here you can put anything and no one can take it because you have the key.” He showed her the key.

“I love it, daddy.” Little Eliana smiled.

The front door opened.

“Ah, welcome Billy.” Mark said getting up.

Billy Black walked in with his son. Eliana knew about his mother’s death. Eliana walked up to him and gave him a big warm smile.

“Wanna go play hide and seek?” Little Eliana asked. She liked his brown eyes. She saw them lit up and he nodded.

She took his hand and they went to her backyard.


That was the first time she met Jacob Black. Too bad he didn’t remember because she remembered clearly the kiss she gave him. Of course it was a childish kiss, but a kiss nonetheless.

She went to the kitchen to make herself something to eat and then she went to sleep, her body was exhausted.

--

At night, Jacob Black had many things to think about. His wrongful imprint, and the Volturi that was coming to visit the Cullen’s because of Nessie. According to what Alice and the others had explained, the Volturi believed Nessie to be an immortal child, something that was forbidden in their world.

Apparently, the woman that Jacob had spotted when he was hunting with Nessie had spilled the beans to the Volturi, or lied about Nessie’s nature. Now, the Cullen’s were in danger, and therefore, he had to help them, but he had no idea how.

Carlisle then said they had to get vampires on their side.

Alice had a date when they would arrive, but nothing for sure.

Jacob worried that Eliana might ran into one of the leeches and get hurt. His body had Goosebumps as he thought about what would happen if he wasn’t there to protect her.

Needless to say, his night off patrolling was spent with his thoughts. He probably only had a couple of hours of sleep.

At school, he arrived early, before his friends. The school filled the students, and even his friends arrived, but there was no sign of Eliana.

Almost when it was time for the bell, she walked by him. She didn’t even acknowledge him.

In English class, he had no opportunity to talk to her because they had individual assignments.

It wasn’t until lunch that he had the opportunity to talk to her. He walked away from Quil and Embry and sat across from Eliana, whom was listening to music and eating her food.

Eliana noticed him.

“I’m so not in the mood right now, Jakey,” her tone bored and annoyed at the same time.

He narrowed his eyes. “I’ve told you I don’t like it when you call me that.”

“And I’ve told you I don’t care, and if I haven’t, well now I have,” she sent him a fake grin.

Her stubbornness was not attractive… at all! It annoyed the shit out of him. He had to keep his cool.

“Who was that guy you ditched with yesterday?” he asked and placed his hands under the table because he had them clenched.

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat before she answered, “That’s none of your business.”

You are my business! You’re my goddamn imprint! that’s what he wanted to yell at her, but then he would have to explain why he yelled at her and why he said she was his imprint. The thing he wanted to avoid was explain what an imprint was and how that happened.

“Stay out of the woods,” he finally burst out.

She cocked an eyebrow at him. “Excuse me?”

He let out a sigh. “Look, um… the woods are dangerous… stay out of them.”

“Jakey,” she began with a calm tone and sweet smile, “do I look like the type of girl that decides out of nowhere to take a stroll in the woods?”

She didn’t wait for his answer. She picked up her tray and dumped the food.

Jacob was left there alone. “Yes, Jacob,” he mimicked her voice, unsuccessfully, “I’ll stay out of the woods to give you a peace of mind. Bitch,” he muttered in his normal voice.

After school he went to the Cullen’s as a way to distract himself from Eliana, it always helped, but it never actually worked entirely.

“How’s your imprint?” Carlisle asked.

“All right,” Jacob answered shortly not wanting to get further into the subject.

“Do you even love her? Maybe you’re just supposed to be her friend,” Rosalie said. Jacob glared at the blonde vampire. “I thought that’s how imprinting worked.”

Jacob hadn’t thought about it.

Was he attracted to Eliana? How would he know? He never tried to kiss her since they imprinted. Paul was all over Rachel when he did and so did Jared. Why must his imprint be different?

Is he only supposed to remain friends with her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments:

hachie
Werewolves Rock
Poison.The.Hero
Brooklynn Marie
Erinnnn.xo
choirgirlx3
xxblackxx
XOXloveangelXOX
kaylababee143
sugarrluvr :D
ameliabelle