Time Won't Heal This Damage

Babysitter

During Math Eliana checked her arm. It had his hand imprint on it. She rubbed it. She never thought she would piss him off so easily.

Was it that bad to talk about stupid Bella? She thought bitterly. Does he still care about her so much even though she’s married now?

For math and the class after that she went to sleep. She didn’t want to risk looking at him. At lunch she didn’t seat where she usually sat. It would just give him a chance to look at her or to find her to apologize. She didn’t care for apologies.

She knew she provoked him. But it somehow hurt her that he still cared about Bella.

God I was much better off when he didn’t know I existed. She thought angrily.

She decided to skip the rest of the day. Since La Push didn’t have any fences it was easy to just walk away. No one would notice her gone. She never participated in any class activities.

She was down the road to her house. If her mom asked why she was home early, she would say it was minimum day. Her mom would be too sleepy and tired to care. Not that she didn’t entirely care, she would check her grades every now and then.

Amber was watching TV when Eliana arrived.

“Eliana, you’re back!” Amber ran to Eliana. Eliana lowered to her knees and hugged her little sister.

“Yes, and we’re going to have fun. Let’s go get some ice cream and some groceries.” Eliana smiled down at her sister.

She would take her mother’s car. An old Honda car, but as long is it got them to point A to B it was perfect.

Eliana got Amber in some warm clothes. Eliana went to her room and took out her music box and took out two one hundred dollar bills. Amber deserved a treat. Eliana strapped her in the backseat in the baby seat.

“Ice cream!” Amber cheered.

Eliana laughed. She turned on the car and put the stick in reverse. She backed up the drive way and headed to Forks. That’s where the groceries and ice cream store was at. It was a fifteen minute drive.

“Music!” Amber demanded.

“What would you like?” Eliana asked as she looked through her dad’s CD collection. Her mother would hide it in the glove compartment.

“Hmm… AC/DC.” What kind of three year old asks for AC/DC? Well, Eliana grew up listening to Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Pink Floyd and Guns N’ Roses because of her father. So she taught her little sister real music.

“You shook me all night long, it is.” Eliana popped in the CD and put it on the song. Amber from the back was banging her head slightly.

Eliana started banging and they both started singing to it.

When they arrive at the groceries Eliana turned off the car. She helped her sister out of the baby seat.

Amber held Eliana’s hand as they walked to the store, but as soon as they were inside Amber let’s go and started running. Eliana didn’t worry because the store was too small for Amber to actually get lost.

Eliana got a cart and started to get things. She ran a bit with the cart and then got on it. It almost tipped over but she got off before it did. Bystanders gave her a disapproving look but she didn’t even glance at them.

With her I-Pod she started to bang her head.

“Public enemy number one. Understand?” She sang softly with AC/DC. “Cause I’m TNT I’m dynamite!” When the solo came she imagined herself playing which she has on numerous occasions.

After getting some fruits and vegetables she went to the cereal section but as she turned she bumped into another cart.

“Shit, sorry.” Eliana apologized.

“Oh, it’s all right.” A sweet angelic-like voice said.

Eliana looked up to see none other than Bella Swan. Eliana couldn’t believe this was Bella Swan. Last time she saw her, which happened to be her wedding, she was ordinary. Sure she looked great that day but everyone knew she was just a plain girl.

But now she looked so beautiful.

God, no wonder Jacob is so into her. She thought bitterly.

“Hey, you’re Eliana, right?” Bella said with a bright smile.

It woke Eliana from her bitter thoughts. “Uh yeah. I didn’t know you knew my name.”

Bella laughed and it was like bells.

Is there anything imperfect about her? Eliana thought.

“Jacob talks a lot about you.” Bella said.

Eliana’s eyes widened. “He… talked about me? None of those rumors are true… well most of them. I’ve never killed a cop.”

Bella’s eyes widened. “No! Not about anything like that!” She said.

Eliana laughed. “Oh, shit. Sorry. I guess I’m used to people thinking that.”

“He says only nice things.” Bella smiled.

“I doubt it.” Eliana scoffed. “So, where’s your husband, Edwin.”

“Edward.” A velvet voice said from behind her. Eliana turned and saw the beautiful Edward Cullen.

Eliana smirked. “I knew that. Just testing to see if she knew.”

Bella laughed along with Edward. Edward went to his wife and wrapped an arm around her. It was hard to pretend everything was okay when the Volturi wanted to hurt his family, but as usual they had to make weekly appearances in town so they wouldn’t look suspicious.

“Isn’t school still on?” Edward asked checking his watch.

Nosy. Eliana thought. “No, it’s an early day out.” She quickly lied.

Edward picked up her thoughts about wanting to stay away from Jacob. He wondered what he did but she wasn’t currently thinking about it.

“Oh.” Bella was all she said.

“ELIANA!” Amber said running while holding another girl’s little hand.

“Renesmee.” Bella said.

Eliana looked at this Renesmee. She had long brown hair and looked about two or three years old. She had brown eyes like Bella’s. She was pale too.

“Uh, this is Edward’s niece. We adopted her.” Bella said. “Renesmee meet Eliana Jacob’s special friend.” She emphasized ‘special friend’ and Eliana caught it.

Renesmee smiled from ear to ear. Eliana thought she was so cute.

“You’re Eliana?” Her English was a bit perfect for a three or two year old.

Eliana nodded.

“Call me Nessie.” Nessie said.

“Nice to meet you, Nessie.”

“Eliana, Nessie is my new friend.” Amber said.

Eliana internally cringed. That meant Jacob and Eliana would have an excuse to talk.

“That’s great.” Eliana said.

“Can she come to our house and play?” Amber asked. Eliana looked at her sister. She put her hands together like praying and started chanting ‘Pretty please’.

Eliana lowered to her knees and sighed. “Of course she can come.”

Amber squealed and so did Nessie. They hugged each other before hugging Eliana. Eliana hugged them back.

“I’ll have Jacob take her.” Bella said.

“No, I can pick her up and drop--”

“No, it’s all right.” Bella smiled to convince her.

Eliana didn’t budge. “It’s quite all right. I’m sure that--”

“Please, Jacob is kind of Nessie’s babysitter.” Edward said.

Eliana looked to Amber and sighed again. “All right.”

“Can she come today?” Amber asked.

Eliana couldn’t deny her little sister anything. “Sure.”

“Jacob and Nessie will be at your house at five.”

“Yeah and could you tell him to bring the materials for the project? Might as well start working on it.” Eliana said.

“Of course.” Bella said. She picked up Nessie and walk away.

Eliana looked at her little sister and picked her up and put her in the cart.

“You just signed my death, little girl.” Eliana tickled her little sister and Amber laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments:

Poison.The.Hero
Seeley.Booth
Fiction.
autumnfreakshow
Brooklynn Marie
hachie
Erinnnn.xo
sugarrluvr :D
choirgirlx3
ameliabelle
XOXloveangelXOX