Status: Sorry I haven't been posting again.... I'm hoping in the next 2 weeks to have time to get one out!

Take My Hand, Just Hold On

Chapter 13 - A Song For Departure

I jump a little out of my seat and feel my face growing more and more red. Finally gaining control of the part of my body not in control of my libido, I grip his forearm lightly and shake my head at him slightly. Understanding it's over, Robert falls back to his chair and continues with the explanation of how we met as I sat there a tad embarrassed - although, no one seems to have noticed too much wrong.

As Robert finishes up the story - just ending it at the point where we go out with Ruby - I finish up my drink.

We stay and chat with James and Derek for another half hour. We walk out of the restaurant saying a final good bye to them, and turn to walk to my car.

When we're a significant distance away from them, I hit Robert lightly on the arm, "What the fuck was that in there?"

He gives me a sheepish smile, "I'm sorry - you were just so god-damn sexy, and I just sort of felt that any moment not touching you was a moment completely wasted. Considering we don't have many moments left and all."

I glare at him for a few seconds, even though I'm not particularly mad at him. I mean, I'm sure he would have stopped if I'd actively tried to stop him. And, hey, for the most part I didn't even want him to stop!

My glare turns into a smile as I bring my hand up to his hair, running my fingers through it lightly before pulling his head toward me and giving him a short, seductive kiss.

I pull away smiling up at his disappointed face. "Brenna, I think we need to get back to the hotel room," Robert says in a voice full of desire and absolute necessity.

I let out a small giggle, but nod in complete agreement. He grabs my hand and we make our way to my car. I quickly drive to his hotel room and use his passcode to park my car in the underground lot.

As I step into his room I let out a low growl - yes, I actually growled. You should have seen his room. There were clothes strewn about, a couple trays from room service still lingering around, and hotel towels and robes on the floor.

"This room is disgusting, how do you live like this?" I ask him, picking up a pair of jeans at my feet.

He just shrugs and takes the jeans lightly out of my hands, pulling me closer to him as he does. He lifts my chin up lightly and meets my lips half way. I roll my eyes a little before closing them and giving in to the wonderful feeling of being kissed by Robert Pattinson. I wrap my arms tightly around his neck and jump up lightly, wrapping my legs around his waist. His hands move to my ass as he falls back on his bed, taking me with him.

After a heated make-out session, I sit up, straightening out my dress. "I think we should, uh, start packing," I say, not wanting it to go any further - I'm not sure we had time to do anything really fun.

Robert sits up after a few seconds. "Jesus, give me a little time to, uh, calm down, first," he replies, planting a kiss on my cheek before getting up and heading to the bathroom. "Damn, it is pretty disgusting in here, isn't it?" he calls, coming out with a few bathroom items and just throwing them into an open suitcase.

"Robert, are any of these clothes clean?"

"I dunno, I'm sure some of them are."

"Why are men so revolting?" I ask myself quietly.

"Surely you're not completely revolted by me?" he asks, just behind me. I guess I wasn't quiet enough.

"The way you live certainly revolts me."

He chuckles, "You're right. Sorry. I'll try to be better when I get a place more permanent."

"Sure you will," I make a big effort to make my eye roll known. "Uhm, I think most of these clothes are dirty, Robert. Will the hotel be able to wash them for you?"

"Er, I know I can like put out a laundry bag, but I'm not sure that I can just give them a load of laundry to do..."

I nod, he's probably right. "But it doesn't hurt to ask, does it? Just tell them you need it done. You're famous, I bet they'll do anything you ask of them, as long as it's at least some what reasonable."

I see him smile at me out of the corner of my eye, "I'll try. Maybe Ruby's on and she can sort something out for me. Maybe there's a laundromat nearby if nothing else."

While he calls the front desk, I start sorting his clothes into a pile of dirty ones and clean ones. Although, I ended up throwing basically every article of clothing into the dirty pile after a while because it all smelled about the same - bad. Honestly, picture the dirtiest room you've ever seen and multiply it by 3. He was never messy when he stayed at my place though, so I wasn't about to complain that much - this is his space, I guess.

"Alright, Ruby said that she's going to call housekeeping and see if they have a washer available to wash everything, and they'll call back and let me know," Robert says as he hangs the phone up.

"Great," I respond, throwing one of my favourite jackets of his in the dirty pile - I've tried to steal that jacket numerous times, but apparently it's one of his favourites as well, so there's not much I can do for it!

The phone rings not long after, and housekeeping says they can come pick up Robert's laundry and have it washed and dried in the next hour to hour and a half. Considering we still have a few hours left to waste, that works perfectly for us.

The afternoon passed fairly quickly - we finished packing everything but his clothes, so we went for a very early dinner in the hotel's restaurant, came back up to the room to find his laundry done and folded. We packed it, and did a final sweep of the room.

"I think that's everything," Robert says, walking out of the bathroom. "Thanks for your help, I probably would have just shoved everything into my suitcases... And likely would've worn them afterwards."

"I'm choosing to believe you're joking about that!" I respond.

He laughs, "Okay, well I'm going to give the bellman a call. Do you want to pull the car around front so we can load all this in?"

I nod, "Sounds good. I'll meet you down there!"

I meet him outside the lobby and pop the trunk for him and the bellman to load the suitcases. I see him give the bellman a tip and then run around to the passenger seat. He gives me a quick, half-smile, and turns the radio on low.

The ride to the airport is silent - more so than our first drive together. I'm not sure why he's being so quiet, but I know why I am. I feel like if I were to speak, the lump in my throat would gag me, or end up being like projectile vomit or something. I never meant to actually start liking Robert, at least not this much. Good-bye's suck. I usually avoid them at all costs - when I left BC I only said bye to my family and two of my friends - when I got to LA, I set my status on facebook as "finally arrived in LA", and everyone was saying they were jealous and asking how long I was here for vacation. Came as a shocker to them that I wasn't coming back, I guess.

I pulled into the drop-off parking lot of the airport and opened my door silently. Robert came out shortly after me, following me to the trunk of the car. I grab one of the larger suitcases as Robert grabs a large one and the smaller one. I lock the car and we start walking to the airport in silence again.

I point to a Starbucks as we get into the airport and say I'm going to grab us both a coffee as Robert waits in line to check in. He gives me a short nod and smile to acknowledge what I said.

When I come back, Robert's almost through the line so I wait at the end, sipping my coffee, trying to get the lump out of my throat.

Robert walks over with just his carry-on now, I hand him his coffee.

"Thanks," he smiles, taking a sip. We start making our way to the security check, which is the point we will have to part.

As it comes into sight, I get a little nervous about what I should say. Just a quick good-bye? Would he expect something more... heartfelt? Tearful? Girly?

He stops outside the queue and turns to me. He runs his free hand through his hair as I rub the back of my neck. "Well, I guess this is where we part?" he says.

I nod, "I guess so." Luckily my voice didn't crack.

"Ah, shit," he lets go of his suitcase and pulls me in for a quick kiss. Our lips part and he brings his up to my forehead, giving it a small kiss as well. "These last few weeks have been a lot of fun, Brenna," he speaks just above a whisper.

I nod and pull away from him slightly, "I agree. I've had a great time with you. Had to end some time, though, eh?" I offer up a smile, not wanting the parting to be too sad.

"Yeah, work getting in the way of some excellent play," he smiles a proper smile.

I laugh, "It certainly was excellent!" I look behind him at the line forming, "Hey, you should get going or you might miss your flight," I nod toward the line.

"Yeah, you're probably right. Uhmm," he shrugs and pulls me in for another kiss; this one longer, more passionate, and full of feeling. I kiss him back with what I can only hope to be an equal amount of these things.

We both pull away at the same time. I bite my lip, unsure what to say. So, here's what I say: "Hey, you be sure to text me when you land. Just so I know you haven't crashed and died or something, okay?"

Robert laughs, "I can certainly do that. Have a safe drive home, and, er, good luck with everything at work."

I nod, "Thanks. Okay, have a safe flight, Robert. Bye," I finish, giving him a quick peck and backing away slightly.

"Bye, Brenna. I hope we run into each other again some day."

I silently agree with him, but just hold my smile in response. I give a little wave and turn around to make my way back to the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: A Song For Departure - Manic Street Preachers
Okay, sorry. It's kind of a shitty chapter. I just really wanted to put another one up, because I know how it feels to be waiting and waiting for a chapter. I'm hoping in another week I should finally be moved (I'm in limbo right now, staying with my parents for a week before I make my final move.). Once the move is complete I'm ging to try to keep to a weekly schedule though, wish me luck ;)
Message and subscribe, please! Let people know about the story if you think they'll like it! Thanks for reading, keep checking back!