Status: Sorry I haven't been posting again.... I'm hoping in the next 2 weeks to have time to get one out!

Take My Hand, Just Hold On

Chapter 15 - Pictures

"Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-Roma-ma-ah!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!
Want your bad romance"


"Uuugh," I moaned, awaking to one of my least favourite songs playing on the radio. I switched my alarm off, wondering why I even set it for a Saturday... Sometimes I am not a smart cookie.

I end up getting out of bed anyhow, best not to waste the day. Plus, knowing me I'd probably never wake up and miss my date with James tonight. Not the best first-date-impression.

***

Even though I didn't sleep all day, I wasted it pretty well. I watched a lot of television, and I read through the remainder of a manuscript I took from Tom the other day. And, before I knew it, it was 4:30, and James was picking me up in an hour.

I took a quick shower and blow-dried my hair into it's relatively straight position. I put on some light make-up and wandered to my closet, debating what I should wear tonight. I think that James is probably the type of guy to take me out somewhere "impressive" - AKA, somewhere I will probably feel a little uncomfortable. So, I decided the classic 'little black dress' would be okay. I took the dress out and looked at it, wondering if it would even fit anymore - I haven't worn it in a couple years.

I shrug and slip it on, doing up the zipper. Perfect fit! I'm impressed, not going to lie. I look at myself in the full-length mirror in the corner of my room. I frown. A little plain.

-I'm jealous of your cigarette, and all the things you do with it. I'm jealous of your cigarette and the pleasure that you get from it-

I heard my ringtone for Robert go off. I searched on my bed for the source of the sound and found it was just a text,

Robert: Hey Love, how's your weekend going?

Me: Okay. Just lazing around today, have that date with James in like 15 minutes... I replied, having told him yesterday after work about the date. It's hard to tell how he felt about it over text message, but as far as I can tell he seemed perfectly fine with it.

Robert: Oh right, forgot about that.. Well, have fun tonight. Let me know how it goes

Me: Alright, I'll text you when I get home!

Robert: Okay, I'll expect a text no later than 11 ;-)

I laughed at the last one... Robert and I were hardly ever home before 11 on our dates - except for when I worked the next day, then we'd try to be back a little earlier.

I smiled one last time at the memories I had with Robert before getting sidetracked back to my bland outfit. I looked through some jewelery and decided on a small bracelet and a bit of a chunky necklace. I looked in the mirror again and decided it looked better. I slipped some heels on just as the clock struck 5:30.

I had to wait another 5 minutes before I got a text from James saying he was downstairs. I locked my apartment and went to meet him in the parking lot. He was standing outside his car, hands in pocket.

"Hey Brenna, you look... Wow," he smirks, pulling me into a hug as I reached him.

I shrugged into the hug, "Uhm, thanks. I wasn't sure where we were going, so I hope this is okay."

"It's perfect, we're going to Drago Centro - have you ever been there before?"

I shook my head, "Nope, never even heard of it."

He looked a little disappointed as he opened my door for me. I climbed in and he ran around to the driver's seat. "Well, it's not too far from your place. The reservation is for quarter to six, so we should get going."

***

The evening went pretty well. Drago Centro was definitely nicer than the places I usually like to go to, but the food was delicious and service excellent, so I guess I can't complain - especially because I wasn't the one paying.

We went out for a couple drinks at a bar/club nearby afterwards and we ended up dancing for a little while. However, I'm not usually one to be caught up in that scene so I got us out of there as soon as I could, and he agreed to drop me off at home.

We pulled up to my building at 10:30, "Well, here you are, Brenna."

"Thanks, James. I enjoyed tonight, it was fun."

He smiled, "Yeah, me too. Maybe we can do it again soon."

I nodded, "That sounds good. I'd like that." I reached for the door handle, ready to say a final good-bye.

I turned back to him, ready to say bye, only to find James leaning across his seat toward me. He smiled at me and put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. He brought his lips to mine, and dropped his hand to my lower back. I brought a hand up to his neck and kissed him back shortly. I broke the kiss after a few moments and smiled.

"Thanks again, I'll see you on Monday, okay?"

He looked a bit saddened that the kiss ended so quickly, but quickly covered it up with a nice smile, "Sounds good. I'll see you around, then."

I left the car and gave him a final wave before entering my building. I walked up the stairs to my apartment, not really wanting to take the elevator, just thinking about that kiss. It seemed strange to be kissing someone else. I guess I just got used to the way that Robert's lips felt on mine, the way he tasted, and the way he smelled... I shrugged it off, he's not around anymore, there's no reason to continue thinking of him... Yeah, but you can't just forget someone you have feelings for. God damn it, you're back again? I've always been here, silly.

I laughed as I got to my apartment, do normal people have conversations with themselves? Or, at least a part of themselves pinned against another part?

I fall onto my couch, kicking off my heels. He wasn't Robert, but James was a nice guy. A good distraction that could turn into something more, but I'll have to investigate further because something seems a bit off about him, I'm just not sure what.

I look at the time and see that it's almost 11:00, so I decide to text Robert, just to let him know I was being a good girl, getting in by his prescribed curfew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: Kid Rock - Pictures.

About the song: it sort of goes? Brenna may be the dude in this song, though. Haha. Oh well. I was actually wanting to use this song for the title of a chapter further in the future, but I couldn't find another one suited for this chapter.

About my absences: Man, I am so sorry. I have decided I am like the worst with deadlines. I always try to make some for myself, but I find myself getting too busy, or just not in the mood to write sometimes. I'm going to try to find a good day to just sit and write for a few hours and try to get a couple chapters ahead and hopefully I can just do that every once in a while... I'm also working now, and don't have any regular days off so it's a bit hard to plan on doing anything. But! I'm really trying, and I don't have plans to just forget about the story. So stay with me! :D Let me know how I'm doing, I'd like to hear some feedback. Thanks <3