Status: Sorry I haven't been posting again.... I'm hoping in the next 2 weeks to have time to get one out!

Take My Hand, Just Hold On

Chapter 4 - He Wants You - Take Him Now

We all piled into my car - Ruby in the passenger seat, and Robert in the back. Turns out, they know each other pretty well - Robert frequently stays at the hotel when he's in L.A. and unable to stay at a friends, or rent a 'flat' (as he would call it). I asked where they wanted to go, and Ruby suggested somewhere downtown.

I decided on a little pub I saw when I was walking around a bit yesterday evening. It was near my apartment, so I just parked my car at my building and made us all walk to the pub - this way I could drink, too!

We settled into a curved booth - I was in the middle, Ruby and Robert on either side of me. I ordered some fish n' chips, Robert a burger, and Ruby a veggi-burger. And, we decided on a pitcher of beer to start us off.

When we got our pitcher, I asked - "So, Robert, how long are you in LA for?"

"I'm here for another 3 weeks, and then I get back to filming the fourth movie in BC," he states, pouring us each a glass.

"Oh yeah? How long will you be in BC for - and where do you shoot the movie?" I inquire, interested because I'm already a little bit homesick.

He smiles, "We shoot mostly in Vancouver, or just outside of it anyway. I'm scheduled for 3-4 months of filming, so I'm hoping not more than 4 months. It's always a bit of a struggle to get everyone we need there at the same time, with all the other projects people have going on..."

"Do you have anything else set for after the last movie?" Ruby asks him.

"I've got a couple things in the works, but nothing is set yet, because I have to be available for all the things for Twilight - from filming to promotion of it, so it's a little hard to set a schedule up around it."

The rest of the night went about the same, well, getting off the topic of Robert and his filming. We talked about me starting work on Monday, what I think it'll be like (which I couldn't offer much insight on; I'm not sure if my job as an intern is going to be something lame like bringing people coffee, or will be awesome and I'll actually be able to learn the ins-and-outs of the business), moving from BC - Robert and I had a few places to share with each other of good little gems downtown each of us needed to check out. Mostly, we just drank a lot though. We got another 2 pitchers of beer and enjoyed some Jäger shots somewhere in the middle... I'm tempted to say there may have been a lot more liquor consumed than I can now recall... Ah well.

At the end of the night, we split the tab and left. Outside the building Ruby and I were stumbling a little bit... Robert seemed fine; I had a feeling he had no trouble holding his liquor.

"Hey, Ruby, what are your plans for the night? If you want, you can crash on my couch," I suggest, as we lean against the wall of the pub. Fresh air was probably good - I didn't realize how far gone I was until I stood up (I always hate how that happens..).

"I think I should probably get home tonight, I need to get to work at 7:30 tomorrow morning so I should get a good night's sleep tonight."

"Alright, cab then?" she nods. I was about to see about getting one for her, but when I looked up, Robert had already gotten her one.

"And Robert, where are you headed tonight?" I ask him as Ruby and I walk up to the cab.

"I'll go back to the hotel, but I'm gonna see you home safely first. How are you getting there?" he asks, with a hint of a smirk on his face.

Ruby looks at me with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. She makes a facial expression which I took to mean He wants you - take him now! I laugh and tell her to get in the cab. "I'll be fine, I'm just going to walk home," I tell Robert. "You can go in the cab with Ruby though, she's headed up your way, anyway."

"Why don't you come in the cab with us, we can just drop you off at your building?" he suggests.

I shake my head no, "I think I need the fresh air." I gave him what I assumed was a drunken smile.

"Then I'll walk you home. Ruby, I'll see you tomorrow?" he asks, leaning into the cab door a little.

Ruby nods, "Yeah, I'll be there."

"Have a safe ride home then," he says and closes the door for her. I give a wave, and the cab drives off. Robert turns to me, "So, Miss Saunders - shall we get you home safe?"

I laugh a little and nod. We head toward my apartment - Robert offered me his arm to take, as I am a little ashamed to say I was not in the best state of my life; I was stumbling every which way. And so, I took his offered arm.

The walk took us a little longer to get back than it did to get to the pub (owing to my drunken state), but we finally reached it after about 20 minutes. But, by the time we reached it I was sobering up - this didn`t stop me from continuing to hold onto Robert`s arm (I'd justify this some way, but honestly it's just because it felt nice to have someone next to me again).

"Well, this is me!" I state, as we stop outside the entrance to my building. I finally let go of his arm and stand to face him. "Thanks for walking me, it was probably a good idea - I might have gotten lost, walked down some dark, scary alleyway and gotten murdered!"

Robert gives a bit of a hollow laugh, "Yeah, couldn't have that happening. Well, I had a fun time hanging out with you tonight, Brenna. And Ruby, of course," he adds.

"Yeah, I had a great time - hopefully we can do something again before you leave for filming?" I phrase it as a half-question.

He nods, "I'd like that." He hands me his phone, "Write your number in there, I'll give you a call."

I smile and punch it in, press save, and hand it back. He looks at it quickly, presses a few buttons, and puts it away. A few seconds later, my phone buzzes. I cock an eyebrow and take it out.

*Just making sure you're not giving me a fake!* --Unknown

I laugh, "Nice one. Check while you can still get the real number!"

He smiles, "Mhmm. Well, I should let you get in. What are you up to tomorrow?"

"I'm going shopping for housewares and stuff... Just extra things for my apartment - it's a little bare right now," I shrug, "You?"

"Nothing. I was gonna see if you wanted to hang out, but if you're busy I don't want to impose."

"If you want, you can come with me. I was probably just going to Ikea for most things."

"Nice, Ikea is the best place to get everything you need."

I nod, "It definitely is. If you're up to it, feel free to come. I can come pick you up. But, I can't guarantee it will be very exciting and/or fun for you!"

He laughs, "Ah, I'm sure any time I spend with you will be enjoyable."

I give a nervous laugh and shake my head a bit. It's silent, and then, "Well, get inside before you catch a cold or something, I'll just catch a cab out here."

"Nah, call a cab and come inside while you wait for it," I say and motion for him to follow me.

"Alright, I can do that.." he says, and follows me inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just want to say something quick about the timeline of this story. It is a little off right now, because when I had it in mind it was actually just before they started filming the third movie, so Rob had 2 movies left. It doesn't make too much difference, and the timeline doesn't particularly matter - I'm sure you can all use your imagination. I just swapped 'third' to 'fourth', haha. Anyways, cheers! Hope you're liking it so far.
Comments are well appreciated! :)