Status: haitus; sorry but school is really stressful. we'll do our best. :)

When I'm With You

I've Been Here So Very Long

I think I finally lost him. Long story short: I just dumped my boyfriend. And that kinda pissed him off. So until about 5 minutes ago I’m pretty sure he was following me. But I think we’re good now. No sight of him. Not that I’d be able to do much if he did catch up with me. He has a car. All I have is a bike.

Oh well. He’ll calm down eventually. And I will have to face him eventually. I work for his family. It pays well and it gives me a place to live. I’m not sure who my parents are/were or where the hell they are. They might even be dead. I was raised by my uncle until I was about 10. And then I had to learn to take care of myself. People have a tendency to leave me.

If only there was a way for me to get out of this place. I’d lived in the same town my whole life. And Derek and I had been together for the past 4 years. I could live with something new.

But I can almost guarantee you that’s not in my future. Don’t get me wrong, I love him. Just he can be unbearably annoying at times.

Maybe I should figure out where the hell I am before I figure out the next step in my oh so
brilliant plan. I looked up and realized that I was probably in the worst part of town. And it was getting pretty dark. Crap. I should probably call someone.

I looked ahead of me to see this girl right in front of me. Shit.

The next thing I know we’re both on the ground and my bike is severely fucked up. Well… I did just hit a person. “Shit. I’m so so sorry. Are you alright?”

I leaned down to see if she was moving. Or if she’d broken something. What the hell was she doing here so late at night anyway?

“I’m so sorry are you alright?”

“Yeah. I’m alright. Just a little startled.” Oh thank God. I hadn’t killed her. I helped her up off the ground. She brushed herself off and I did the same.

I held out my hand. “Hi. I’m Calista. I’m sincerely sorry for running you over with my bike. Please forgive me.”

“It’s alright. Really. Worse has happened.”

“Oh well… I am really sorry.”

“I gather that.”

She finally realized that I was holding out my hand. She shook it. “Sorry. I’m Skye.”

“Nice to meet you Skye. So… what brings you out here this late?”

“Car trouble.”

“Oh… that sucks. Well I would offer you a ride on my bike… but that’s kind of out of the question now.”

“Yeah… Do you happen to know a mechanic? Or a place around here where I could stay?”

“As a matter of fact. You are in luck. But… I was kinda trying to get away from him.”

“What?”

“He’s my ex. But I mean… I have to go home.”

“What does that have to with anything?”

“I was saying he could fix your car. And I was saying you could stay with me tonight.”

“Oh… well thanks but I don’t want to impose.”

“No really. I just hit you with my bike. It’s the least I can do. And you seem really nice.”

“Thanks. You too.”

“Anyway… let me go call him.”

“Okay… I have someone to call anyway.”

“Oh right. Parents.” I walked back towards the way I came. I was starting to get pretty creeped out. I would kind of like to get out of here soon. I pulled out my phone and hit the only number on my speed dial. He answered on the first ring.

“Calista. Oh my God. I’ve been so worried.” Yeah right. “Where are you?”

“Derek. I’m not getting back together with you this time. I just need you to come get me and this girl I hit with my bike.”

“You did what?”

“Just do it. And could you fix her car too?”

“Will I get paid?”

“Oh like you need the money.”

“Okay… where are you?”

I gave him the street name and hung up. I walked back over to Skye just as she was hanging up her phone.

“Okay so where’s your car?”

We walked over back to her car and started talking while we waited for Derek. It was just small talk at that point. He showed up within 5 minutes.

He rolled down. “I’ll come back and get her car after a get you two girls back home where
it’s safe.”

God the fake sweetness was appalling. We hopped in the back of the car. When we pulled up to Derek’s mansion I got out of the car as fast as I could. I waited for Skye to get her stuff and then we walked in the side door and up to my little wing of the house. It wasn’t much but it was nice to have my own little section. So that when I wasn’t dating Derek… I didn’t have to constantly see him. To be honest, we break up a lot.

I made up a spot for Skye on my couch. Not the most comfy but it was better than sleeping in her car or on the street right?

---

We spent the rest of the night talking. We really had a lot in common. Not with our lives really. She moved around constantly. I’d never even been out of the state. She had a sister. I had no one. But… we thought a lot alike. We were both extremely independent.

I told her my desires to get out of this place.

“So… I was thinking… would you like to come live with me?”

I was completely not expecting that. I mean that would be a dream come true. Because according to her… they were never in one place for long. Which meant that when they moved… I could see the world. And get out of this town.

“I would love to! But why? I mean you just met me.”

“Well… I really like you. You seem really awesome. And it would be nice to have someone around that’s actually my age.”

I leaned forward and gave her a huge hug.

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We are gonna have so much fun!”

Then Derek had to go and ruin my happiness and knock on the door. I got up to let him in.

“Your car’s done.” What can I say? He had a thing for cars. “So you should be good to go in the morning.”

“I’m going too. I’m getting out of here.”
The look of shock on his face was priceless. He just turned around and shut the door.

I know I should be feeling bad… but I’m really glad I hit her with my bike.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay second chapter. Different pov.
Hope it's good.
Comment & subscribe please. :)