Snow White

The Beginning.

And there he laid, silently, peacefully asleep in the hospital bed.

It all began when James went out that morning for school. Instead he skipped out and went to the cliff to free his mind. Wondering, dreaming. What if his life was at all different? James had problems with his grades at school, and was picked on by all the older kids, just because he was a freshman and they were Juniors and Seniors. Well, James just wanted to miss a day just this once. Well, he had an unexpected guest.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" said Naomi in shock.

"Oh.. Nothing. Just didn't feel like going to school today..." he said, worried if she'd tell anyone.

Naomi was James' best friend, she was nice to him every since he moved here in 6th grade.

They had been best friends since the week after as far as he could remember.

"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone.. I promise." She said.

"I wasn't worried." James said with relief.

"What are you doing here anyway?" he continued.

"Just didn't feel like going to school, like every other regular day." she chuckled.

James smiled weakly and left it at that. They sat there together in silence while James thought about all the things going on in his life. He stopped when he saw Naomi was looking at him.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Did you say something?" he said in embarrassment.

"What? Oh! Uhm... No," Naomi said shyly as she looked away.

"Then why were you just looking at me like that...?" he said confused.

"Just.. observing," she said softly.

They went back to silence until Naomi took out her notebook and started to draw. You could just barely hear the pencil hit the paper. It reminded James of how they first met. It was lunch and he had no where to sit. Naomi invited James by giving him a drawing of her and him holding hands. James gladly accepted. Now they're still best friends till this day.

"So Naomi, what are you drawing?" James asked curiously.

"Oh... Nothing," she said shyly.

" Oh come on you can show me," he said as he began to reach for the notebook, but she quickly pulled it away, which ended in James falling of the cliff.

"Oh my god!" Naomi screamed.

She checked to see if he was still breathing. He wasn't. She quickly tried and give him CPR.

"Come on James... Come on," Naomi said crying.

When she felt a heart beat she stopped, but James was still unconscious. She dialed 911 on her phone as quick as possible.

"911, What's your emergency?" said the operator calmly.

"My friend... He just fell off a cliff," Naomi said, crying still.

"What's your address?"

"By the old water mill.. Come quick... Please," Naomi said as she hung up the phone.

Naomi tried to wake James up until the ambulance arrived. Once they arrived they took James away to the hospital. Naomi was not allowed to go with him because she was not related to him. So she ran home and told her mother everything. Her mother agreed to drive her to the hospital so Naomi could see James. She wasn't allowed in to see him until they had figured out what had happened. James had broken three of his ribs. Naomi sat in the waiting room finishing her drawing from earlier. When she was done she was allowed in, but James was still sleeping. Naomi placed 2 drawing next to James and sat down in a chair and fell asleep, and now here we are.

"James wake up," said one of the doctors.

"Hm... What... What happened?" said James.

"You fell off a cliff James, your friend Naomi called 911 and if she didn't you might have died." The doctor explained more, then left.

James looked over to find the drawings Naomi left on the bedside table, and Naomi sitting there in the chair sleeping. The first drawing was of two people sitting next each other holding hands, on the paper it wrote Naomi loves James. The next drawing was of Snow White and her prince, but Snow White was kissing the prince awake instead, this time the paper said I'm so sorry James, but i tried to be the Snow White for my prince. When Naomi woke up she saw James.

"James.." she said still half asleep.

"Naomi.. I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my very first story and,
Comments would be MAGIC(: