The Flood Is Getting Closer

ten

Natalie’s POV

“Scottie I don’t understand how you just have two bags” Scottie ended up moving in sooner than later. “I tread lightly besides I don’t really care for material things and it was a furnished apartment when I arrived so no worries” She must have been the most optimistic person I met. “So are you ready for this weekend?” She asked. “I guess so” To say the least I just didn’t want her to know that Craig and I are actually official. “Cool me too. I know Gabe is gonna flip when he see’s my eye” She laughed. “Who?” I looked at her confused. “My brother” Scottie said. “Oh you never mentioned his name” I said. “My bad, listen when we get to Fresno just do get too drunk or drool over Gabriel” She said. “Why would I do that” I asked. Scottie handed me a photo of her and what looked like the lead singer of Cobra Starship. “Your last name is Saporta?” I asked. She nodded. “Holy cow, do the boys know?” I asked. “Nope I use my mom’s maiden Ebner” She said. “Wow the guys are gonna be in shock when they actually see who you’re related too” I said. “Maybe but they’ll love me since I got them to perform this weekend” She smiled. I went into the kitchen and got myself some diet Coke and took a seat on the couch. "So what’s happening with you and Max as you didn't have a date last night?" I asked. She simply shrugged and took a seat next to me. "I don't know, I haven't spoken to him, I think I'll just call the whole thing off." She said. "Are you crazy or some shit?" I asked. "No I just-" I cut her off before she could finish. "Just bollocks, you're gonna call and-" I was then cut off by Scotties phone ringing. She looked at the caller ID and sighed. "Answer it." I said knowing it was Max just by her reaction. She glared at me but answered the phone.

“Hello” Scottie got up, walked into the bathroom closing the door behind her. Ugh. Why can’t she admit her feelings for poor guy. Two minutes later she returns smiles and sits back down. “What’s up with Green” I asked. “Got me a rental while mines getting fixed” She said. “Oh” I said. “Don’t look too disappointed you got to do my makeup he said he’s coming to get me in a few minutes” Scottie said. “What” I jumped up. She nodded and walked into the bathroom. I bolted after her. "As if I can do your makeup in a few minutes, you’re on your own with this one." I said and walked back to the couch where I sat back down and turned on the TV. "What, why?" She asked with wide eyes. "Scottie you're not like me, you don’t need makeup okay he has seen you all these years with no makeup on I'm sure it will be okay besides he’s only taking you to get a car, it will be fine." I said and finished off my diet coke. "But I wanted to look pretty." She said and I laughed. "You’re already pretty." I said turning the TV off. Why is there nothing on the television in this country. "Fine thanks for nothing!" She stormed into her bedroom. I rolled my eyes, she would get over it and it's like I said she doesn't need make up.

Scottie’s POV

I came back out of my room dressed in a clean pair of lacrosse shorts and band tee shirt. “See that’s more like it. You look relaxed and not like you’re about to puke” Nat said from the sofa. “Yeah your right but seriously I’m freaked out this is MAX freaking GREEN. They guy who makes my brain go insane and I have no clue what to do about it. Just glad I’m a see Gabe this weekend. He always knows what to do” I said. She nodded. A knock came from the door making me jump. “Wish me luck” I said. Natalie laughed. I opened the door and Max was standing there smiling like an idiot like he always does. “Hey Scottie” He said. “Hey” I ran my hand through my hair. “You’re gonna like what the rental place gave me” He grinned. “Oh really now how do you know?” I followed down to the parking lot. “Because I know you and what you like” He laughed. “Yeah ok we’ll see about that” I said. “Close your eyes” He said. “Why?” I questioned. “Just do it will you” Max moaned. “Fine” I shut them and he lead me through the parking lot. “Ok open” We were stopped in from of a purple ’09 Dodge Challenger SRT-8. “They were gonna give me an Aveo but I told them about you and how your this great girl and how it was your car and the Aveo isn’t you and…” “And you really do know how to win me over” I pulled him into a kiss.