The Flood Is Getting Closer

fourteen

Scottie’s POV
I went upstairs to rest a bit when Gabe knocked on my door. “You alright” He asked. “My head hurts doctor says I’ll be ok but seriously my eye freaking hurts” I said. He nodded. “Your boyfriend is a riot how are you serious around him” Gabe asked. “Ugh Green. I have no freaking clue. He makes me happy. Just be happy I’m not dating Ronnie anymore. Glad he’s in jail deserves it” I laid down on the bed. “That was weird relationship” I looked up at my brother. “Go bust Mabbit’s balls for me and tell Green to come up here” I pointed to the door. “Ok Scottie” He left. I shut my eyes and sighed, wondering how this weekend will play out now that the group is getting divided unevenly. I felt the bed being weighted down. I opened one eye to see Max next to me. “He’s such a fucker” I mumbled. “Your brother is doing a great job busting his chops” He said. “Good Mabbit deserves it” I yawned. “If you want you can leave” I said. “No I rather stay” Max said.
Natalie’s POV

“Where’s Scottie?” I asked her brother. “Resting, I keep telling her she needs to becareful” He said. I looked confused. “No she’s fine not sick just I worry she’s thinks she’s invincible” He said. “I’m with you on that. It’s scary driving with her” I said. He laughs. “What’s so funny” I said. “Scottie use to drag race back in high school, I’m surprised she didn’t tell you that” Gabe said. “She hasn’t said much about herself. Just said you’re her brother is all” I said. “Eh sooner or later she’ll open up” He shrugs. I nod. “Hopefully” I responded. I sat down on my own outside and had a smoke. I sighed to myself and wondered why I was so bothered about a guy I hardly know. I just wish we could go back to how it was when he wasn't being a dick to me. I hadn't just lost a guy I was sort of fooling around with; I also lost a good friend. Then again if he was that much of a friend wouldn't he be fine with me or better yet not messed with me and my emotions in the first place. "Fucking men." I sighed lighting another cig. "Don't let that douche bring you down!" I heard Max's voice and saw he had taken a seat next to me. I offered him a smoke and he took one. "Where's Scottie?" I asked. "Asleep, thought I'd leave her and talk to my favorite English friend." He said with a grin. I half smiled and chuckled. "No offense to Scottie but I am starting to wish I never came here." Max shrugged. “She means well she really does. I just don’t know what to do either about this” He said.

I looked at him. “Hey guys ooo can i have one” Katie came outside. I handed her one. “Did you know about Mabbit and Scottie” I asked her. “Oh my god what the hell that must have been the worst thing to happen to her since Ronnie” She said. “Ronnie?” I said. “Her ex boyfriend, he’s in jail now for something. No one really knows really. He really hurt her like seriously hurt her. Everyone knew that but she was loyal and he pulls some stupid shit and she’s heartbroken. Mabbit’s stupid self tried to comfort her but that only lead problems and them in bed.” Katie said. Max nodded. “Ask her about her tattoo maybe she’ll give you answers then but seriously she’s nicer then this trust us she was a different person when we first met her” Max added. "So this Ronnie dude is really bad?" I asked. They both nodded. "Jesus, and Craig is just as bad as him?" I asked. They both looked at each other. "No he isn't a bad guy in all honesty he just went out things the wrong way, much like he is doing now." Katie said. "But I'm not a strong person I mean look at me now, what would I be like if we had dated way before this happened." I said shaking my head. "Natalie, Craig does like you a lot trust me I had to listen to him when he first met you." Max said. I shrugged my shoulders. I had to act like I didn't care because if anyone knew how much I was hurting inside they would think I was insane. "I'm going up to my room." I said and walked back into the house but collided with something. Well more like someone. Craig Mabbit.

“Hey” He said. “I don’t want to hear it” I said. “Can I explain?” He said. “Explain what? How you can’t keep it in your pants” I said. “It’s not like that. I’m sorry I thought she would tell you” He said. “Don’t bring Scottie into this. You brought this on yourself buddy” I said. “Natalie please just let me tell you my side” Craig pleaded. I took a deep breath in. “Fine you have 5 minutes” I said. We went upstairs into my room and sat down. “I’m sorry” He sighed. “You said that already” I wasn’t going to be nice to him. “I did have a girlfriend when I met you but I was going to break up with her anyways. When I saw you I didn’t even know if you ever go for me and I’m truly jealous of Scottie’s brother” He said. “Why are you jealous of him?” I asked. “Well you saw the guy. He can get any girl he wants” He said. “Not every girl. As I recalled I was into you not him. But I guess maybe I should be into him now since your being a douche bag and idiot about everything” I said. “I’m sorry it’s just I didn’t want to lose you” He said.

Scottie’s POV

I woke up in the morning to Max who was sleeping next to me. I smiled and went downstairs. I saw Natalie sitting outside. “Morning” I said. “Hey” She said. “I’m sorry about passing out on you last night” I said. “It’s no problem” She said. “Anyways thanks for being a trooper” I said sitting down next to her. “Cool tattoo” Natalie said. I looked at her. “What” She said. “Nothing” I shivered. “Are you ok?” She asked. “Who told you to ask about it” I said. “Max, Katie, your brother” She said sheepishly. “Intricate Maori Star it means nothing really. It was something I got with Ronnie. I’m sure they told you about that dirt bag” I said. She nodded. “Anyways it was my 18th birthday present from him. Parents kicked me out after that. So I moved to Vegas with him. They were fuming and I never spoken to them since. But the one thing I guess I should tell you, is that Ronnie put me in the hospital” Natalie looked shocked. “He got arrested and went to jail for what he did. Well that’s it you know everything now” I got up and went inside. I just didn’t want to tell her I was pregnant at the time.