‹ Prequel: You're My Addiction
Status: Hiatus until further notice!!

You're My Everything

Baby News

The boys weren’t wasting any time in getting right into the recording studio. They didn’t have much material written yet, but they didn’t want to get too out of the working spirit. They knew better than anyone that once you stayed lazy for too long, it was hard to get yourself working again.

Sometimes working in the studio was a lot harder than being on the road. They often logged in twelve hour days or longer, and they were required to be a lot more focused than if they were just on the road. In the past five years or so, all of them had grown up in more ways than any of them could have guessed.

Brian knew that he had changed. He now knew that if he wanted to be successful, everyday couldn’t be a party anymore. It was okay to have fun sometimes in the recording studio, but to make it to the next level, all of them had to be serious and focused. They had been around enough big names now to know that they worked hard to get to the places they were today, and if they wanted to get to that place too, they had to learn from their idols.

When all of them had started out as a band, they thought it would be a whole lot easier than it actually was, and now that they had enough experience, they knew what it took to stay together and to be successful.

All of them were entering the second half of their twenties, and they were starting to slow down a little bit. They still knew how to have a good time, but they weren’t as wild and crazy as they were when they were starting out. They had experimented with the true rock n’ roll lifestyle, and now they found the right life for themselves. They were past gaining weight on tour from drinking too much.

Their looks were starting to change, too. They were now past the heavy eyeliner and odd clothing. They were starting to realize that attitude had more of a part in the look than anything else. They found they could still look like rock starts without over doing it. In fact, whenever Brian looked back on some of the things he used to wear for shows and just for everyday, he cringed and wondered why he ever thought that was a good choice.

Last week, Brian got rid of his once long hair in favor of something a little neater and a little classier. Around the same time, he noticed Matt and Zacky had taken out a few of their piercings. Matt had a few reasons for cleaning up his look, one of them being a baby on the way. Zacky was growing up, too. He used to like to experiment with wacky hair, but he was now back to black. Brian couldn’t even remember the last time Zacky had his natural hair color.

Brian had his own reason for growing up, too, and that reason came in the form of a short brunette that he had known since he was just ten years old. Ellie gave him the final push to grow up. It wasn’t like she was forcing him though, because she wasn’t. She just made him want to change into someone who was better and more mature. She deserved that after all the shit he had put her through.

To be someone who Ellie could see herself with in the future, he had to make these changes. This didn’t mean he was changing who he was; it just meant he was toning down his look into a neater, more grown up package.

Zacky walked into the room and took a seat next to Brian. He tilted his head back and let out a huge yawn. “This is the earliest I’ve ventured outside in weeks,” Zacky said. “It’s interrupting my nap time.”

“Come on, Zacky. You’ve been hibernating in your room since we got back. Don’t you think it’s time you came out and socialized with us once again?” Jimmy asked as he paced the room.

“I was on the road with all of you for six months, I think I was fine not seeing any of you for a little while,” he replied, leaning his head back on the couch and closing his eyes. They were waiting for their producer come so they could start to plan out their new record. They weren’t supposed to be there for very long, but the fact that he hadn’t shown up yet was making this a lot longer than it had to be.

Brian could hear Matt’s phone vibrate in his pocket. He watched as Matt took it out, looked at the screen, ignored the call, and then put it back into his pocket again. Just then, their producer, Mike, finally decided to come into the room. Everyone stood up to greet him and shake his hand, but it was clear that he wanted to get down to business, just like they did. They talked about how they were excited to work together again, and all of that good stuff.

“I’m really curious to see what kinds of things you guys are going to come up with this time around,” Mike said. “You’re always changing and experimenting, and I think it’s great that all of you are growing.”

Brian heard Matt’s phone go off again, only to have him ignore the call once more. He silently wondered who could be calling Matt so many times when everyone knew they were in an important meeting. Brian tried to turn his full attention to the conversation that was going on in the room.

“I’ve got some great artists lined up if you need them. I’ve got a couple new people that we can definitely use on backup vocals. They’re not well known, but they have amazing voices,” Mike continued. “There’s this girl, her name is Kayla, and she’s just breaking out into the scene. If you need any female vocals, I’m definitely going to bring her in for you guys. She’s pretty amazing.”

Matt’s phone went off yet again, and Brian sent him a dirty look, telling him to turn off his phone or to answer it. Matt just shrugged his shoulders, trying to say it wasn’t his fault.

“I’ll be right back,” Matt said as he pushed himself up off of the couch. “I’m just going to take this phone call really quick so we won’t be interrupted again.”

As soon as Matt closed the door, they all started talking again, but this time Brian couldn’t focus on the conversation. Apparently, Zacky couldn’t either because he turned to face Brian.

“Dude, who do you think keeps calling Matt?” Zacky asked, only mouthing the words so he wouldn’t distract anyone else. It seemed that he had picked up on the same odd vibe that Brian had. It seemed to him that there just wasn’t something right with the phone calls Matt had been receiving.

Brian just shrugged his shoulders, because he honestly had no idea who could be calling Matt at this time. All he could think was that the call had to be important if they kept bothering Matt. Usually, you didn’t call someone three times in a row if it didn’t work the first time.

“We’re planning on making this record bigger and better than last time,” Mike kept going. “The last time, City of Evil put you out there, but the next one has to keep going with that same energy. This is the first time you’re really making a record that has big anticipation, so all of you have a lot of weight on your shoulders for this one.”

At the end of his sentence, Matt came bursting back into the room. He just stood in the doorway with a lost look on his face, and it was clear he didn’t know what he was supposed to do. The way he looked confirmed Zacky and Brian’s thought that something bad was going on.

“Matt, what is it?” Brian asked as he got up off of the couch so he could help Matt. He had never seen his friend look like this before, and it was clear he didn’t know how to start speaking unless someone prompted him first.

“That was Michelle,” Matt answered quietly. It seemed like Matt was in shock and hadn’t obtained a full grasp of whatever was going on yet. Brian wrapped an arm around Matt’s shoulders and led him back into the room. “It was about Val. She told me that the baby is coming, but its three weeks early! They were out shopping, and then Val started getting these horrible pains or something, or that’s what Michelle said at least. Three weeks early isn’t a big deal, but she said there’s something wrong with the baby. Michelle hasn’t been able to find out what’s wrong yet because they won’t let her in to see Val, and they won’t tell he what’s going on. How could they say that something is wrong and then not say anything else!”

“Come on, we have to get you to the hospital as quickly as possible,” Zacky said. He took his car keys out of his pocket and jingled them, indicating he would drive them to the hospital. Matt wasn’t going to be able to think clearly, so it was important that all of them were there to help him with level heads.

“Mike, I’m sure you understand, but we have to cut this meeting short,” Brian said as Zacky took Matt out of the room and they made their way to his car.

“No, of course,” Mike said, standing up as everyone else rushed out of the room. “I hope everything turns out okay, and keep me posted, Brian.”

He nodded quickly as he jogged to catch up with the rest of the guys. They all had been anticipating this baby’s arrival since they found out about Val’s pregnancy way back when they had been still been on tour. Brian thought about how devastating it would be for them to lose this child, especially since everyone had already started to love it so much.

“Why did you bring us all here?” Zacky asked with a whiney voice as he squeezed in between Jimmy and Brian. “It’s so hot on this stupid bus already but now I have to be squished in with these guys? This is definitely way too close for comfort, even for us.”

“Shut up, Zacky,” Matt said. He was standing next to the table on the tour bus, which all of the others were currently squeezed around. “Val and I have some news we have to tell you. Once we do, all of you can leave. I promise it won’t take a long time.”

“Fine, as long as you’re not lying,” Zacky replied as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back into the seat. Brian gave him a dirty look because by leaning back, he was almost pushing Brian off of the seat. It was on the hot days when they all got on each others’ nerves.

They watched as Val walked from the back of the bus and into the kitchen area, where Matt was currently standing. She stopped walking when she was right next to him, and she looked up to give him a huge smile. Matt wrapped an arm around her shoulders and smiled back. They worst part was that none of them had ever seen him smile that way before. He looked kind of goofy and kind of like he was five years old.

They all were silent for a second, taking the scene in. Of course, Jimmy was the first one to break the silence. He always did hate it when it was quiet for too long.

“Oh my God, you knocked Val up, didn’t you?” Jimmy asked using a voice that was much louder than was necessary.

“Jimmy!” Val exclaimed, her face turning bright red. She was trying to be stern with him, but it was obvious she was too happy and excited over the news to be mad.

“Woah, I was just joking when I said it, but I guess it was true,” Jimmy said slowly. He climbed over Zacky and Brian to give Val a bone crushing hug. “Congratulations!”

“Thank you, Jimmy,” Val replied as she hugged him back. The red faded from her face and was replaced by a happy glow.

“I’m curious to know what Matt’s reaction was when you first told him,” Jimmy said as he pulled away. He went over to climb back over Brian and Zacky again, but Brian put his knees up so Jimmy couldn’t get through. Last time, he had kneed him right in the stomach.

“Well, at first I thought he might pass out because he wasn’t saying anything,” Val said. Matt gave her a look, telling her to stop, but she ignored it and kept going. “Then his face turned five different colors, he asked me if I was sure, and when I told him yes, he slowly started to accept it. We weren’t planning this or anything, so it came as just a little bit of a surprise, as you can tell. But, in his defense, now that Matt has accepted it, he’s been nothing but wonderful.”

“Well, all I have to say is I’m going to be jealous of that little kid,” Zacky said. His mood had improved a little bit after he heard the news. “People would feed me and carry me around all day if I was a baby. That boy or girl is going to be so spoiled since she’s going to be born into the family. It’s kind of like it’s going to have five dads.”

“Hey, I don’t want any of you assholes to be an example for my child,” Matt said as Brian quickly lowered a beer he was about to take a sip of.

“I’ll have you know I am a wonderful role model,” Zacky said, sticking his lip out with a hurt voice. “Jimmy and I are going to be the cool uncles because let’s face it, Brian is a buzz kill sometimes, and in a year the baby is going to be taller than Johnny.”

“I am not a buzz kill!” Brian said.

“Boys, of course this baby is going to be the luckiest baby alive,” Val said with a small smile. “Some people are lucky to have just one person who loves them, but I know all of you will love it with all of your heart. So that’s six, with all of us. Then there’s Michelle and Ellie, of course. Yes, this baby isn’t going to know what to do with all of you.”

What Val said made Brian think of Ellie. He was sure she would be excited about the news, too. He thought about how different the mood of the room was when Ellie had told him she was pregnant. He had been angry and he had yelled at her. Seeing how everyone had been so happy over Val’s news made Brian feel overwhelmed with guilt for what he had done all of those years ago. It also made him wonder why Ellie had even taken him back this time.

He knew this pregnancy was going to bring up a lot of demons between the two of them, but they were just going to have to find a way to work through them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry all of you had to wait two weeks for an update on this just to get a filler and a mean cliffhanger. I WILL be focusing more on my Matt story though, so updates are going to be a little slower on this, so stick with me! It's still hard for me to juggle more than one story.

I haven't plugged it on this story yet, so CLICK HERE to check out my layout site!

Thanks everyone for being so patient, and don't be afraid to keep sending me those wonderful comments (that goes for silent readers too!). Oh, and check out my new profile layout. I love it, and I think it's the best one I've ever made!