Sequel: My Last Regret
Status: Completed - Sequel is up(:

I Need A Getaway

prologue;

I climbed up the stairs and knocked on Daniel’s door impatiently. The door was yanked open, revealing Daniel in blue, plaid pajama pants and a white T-shirt on.

“What?” He hissed.

“Dinner’s ready,” I smiled up at him and he pushed me out of his doorway and slammed the door in my face.

“You aren’t going to eat with us? Again?” I asked, pounding my fist against the door.

“Fuck off,” Daniel yelled.

“C’mon, Dan!” I called. “Mum would want you to eat with us. Think about what mum would want, bro.”

I sighed and wiggled the doorknob.

“Alex, go away.” Daniel groaned as I pushed the door open.

“No. Come and eat dinner with us.” I said as he approached me.

“Get the fuck out of my room, Alex.” He yelled, pushing me toward the door.

“Why can’t you just eat with us? What’s the big-“ I paused as I caught a glimpse of his left wrist where his sleeve arched up a bit. “Daniel, are you-“

“Get out!” He hollered, pushing me into the hallway and onto the floor. “And stay out.”

“Daniel, are you cutting?” I asked, loud enough for the whole house to hear.

And then it was silent. I stood myself up and pressed my ear against his door, listening closely.

“Daniel,” I stated and knocked on the door. “Please come eat dinner with us? You know mum doesn’t like it when you don’t.” I muttered.

“Alex, I’m not fucking eating with your annoying ass.” He yelled and came to the door. “Now why don’t you go downstairs and eat?”

“I’m not going to eat unless you come down.” I stomped my foot on the ground.

“Fine.”

I scoffed and walked across the hall and leaned my back against the wall so I had a good view of his door. I slid down the wall so that I was sitting on the floor and I sat there.

Staring; waiting for Daniel to open his door.

I sat there for about an hour before I stood back up and tried to open Daniel’s door. It was locked.

I sighed and walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

“Mum,” I smiled as I saw her excited face. “Where’s the key to my room?” I asked because that key worked for all the locks in the house.

“Why?” She asked. “Did you lock yourself out again?” She snickered before grabbing the key from the window ledge over the sink and handing to me.

“Thank you,” I smiled again before heading back for the stairs.

“I’ll put your dinner in the oven so it will be warm when you decide to eat it,” Her voice was low and she sounded hurt.

I hesitated before running back up the stairs and shoving the key into the lock on Daniel’s door. After it was unlocked, I turned the knob and yanked the door open. There was a note on his dresser, but I didn’t bother to read it.

Instead, I took a few short strides until I reached his bed. I lifted up the sheets and the pillows, tossing them onto the floor.

“Where are you?” I asked, pushing myself past his bookshelf and spotting him lying on the bathroom floor. I laughed quietly.

“What are you doing?” I asked, kneeling down next to him.

I didn’t get a response. I waited for a grin or a sarcastic remark, but I didn’t get any of those things. I spotted an empty bottle of sleeping pills on the sink and I reached up to grab them.

I held them in my view and I felt tears begin to sting my eyes. I looked once more at Daniel and let out a shaky breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keep or Delete? I needa know.

Comments are love<3

xMaryy