Sequel: My Last Regret
Status: Completed - Sequel is up(:

I Need A Getaway

sixteen;

I woke up at six that next morning. I wasn’t sure why, but I felt well rested. I sat up and saw that Jack was still asleep. Of course he was, though, since it was 6am. I looked around my room, seeing that it was still dark, and I yawned. Carefully climbing out of bed, I walked out onto the balcony and looked up at the sky.

Warm arms wrapped around me suddenly and I closed my eyes.

“Why are we up so early?” Jack’s voice was soft and tired as he rested his head on my shoulder.

“I didn’t mean to wake you,” I said softly and he chuckled.

“It’s okay.” He mumbled and the sky starting getting lighter.

“Jack, the sun’s rising.” I said in awe and he squeezed me close to him.

“It’s so nice.” He yawned and turned me around to face him.

Jack hugged me close to him and out of the corner of my eye, I watched as the sun rose. His face was nuzzled into my neck and I could barely see the smile that was on his face. I smiled, too, and I heard him sniffle.

“Alex, you can’t leave me.” He mumbled against the skin on my neck and I knew his smile was fading.

“I don’t want to…but I have to. It’s really killing me, but I have to.” I bit down on my lip and closed my eyes.

“Isn’t there some other way? Can’t you compromise with your dad or something?” He begged and pulled away to look me directly in the eyes. Tears brimmed his chocolate orbs and I felt really bad.

I hated that I had to up and leave like this. It was breaking my heart every second I thought about it.

“I don’t think so.” I said, disappointed. There was sadness in his eyes and a tear slipped down his face.

“I’m going to miss you so much, Lex.” He concluded, hugging me again, before entering my room again.

I watched, from outside, as he crawled back into bed and he slowly fell back asleep. I felt really bad, too.

-

I hadn’t gone back to sleep, but instead, I sat on my bed and watched Jack sleep. He looked so damn cute when he slept and I knew he was dreaming about something because he would stir a bit and his eyes would twitch.

I grabbed Jackery and sat him in my lap, messing with his fur while I waited for Jack to wake up.

At about half after ten, Jack had finally woken up completely. He looked at me with his eyes wide and a smile was forming on his face. It made me feel good to see him smile after this morning’s events.

“How long have you been awake?” He asked, rubbing the remaining sleep out of his tired eyes.

“I never went back to sleep, Jack.” I admitted and he sighed.

“What did you do the whole time?” He asked.

“Watched you sleep…” I said, giving him an innocent smile and he laughed.

“Creep.”

“You like it.”

He rolled his eyes and sat up. After telling me he was hungry, I nodded, set Jackery aside, and we both went downstairs.

“How was your night?” My mother asked us as soon as we entered the kitchen.

All I did was smile and reply with a simple ‘amazing’, and left it at that. Jack, on the other hand, decided to go into details about everything.

He explained to my mother that he took me to the carnival and we walked around for a while. He told her about how we won me a bear and how I named it Jackery. My mom giggled and commented on the fact that it was a cute name. I blushed. It was. He also told her about the fireworks on the Ferris Wheel, and said nothing about the kiss. Not that I minded, my mom could go without hearing that. He also left out us going to the beach.

“Well it sure sounds like you two had a lot of fun. I’m so sorry that you two have to be separated so soon. I called your dad last night and he said he’s coming Monday.” She said and gave me a frown.

Fuck, no way. That was tomorrow.

“Are you serious? Why? That’s tomorrow!” I waved my hands around and my mom gave me a sympathetic look.

“I know. There’s nothing I can really do at this point. He’s going to be out here in the morning. His flight arrives at around eleven, so I guess you should pack your things tonight.” She sighed and I did, too.

“I’m not hungry anymore.” Jack muttered and I nodded.

We went back upstairs and sat on my bed. What a wonderful morning it turned out to be, so far. We stared at each other for a long time before I grabbed Jackery and cuddled him close to my chest.

“I want to die right now.” I blinked my eyes, trying to usher back the tears that were starting to form in my eyes. “I just want to fucking die.”

“I’d miss you too much.” Jack whispered, obviously trying to make me feel better. I forced a smile on my face and I scooted over to him.

He hugged me close to him and rubbed my back. I rested my head on his shoulder and let a few tears slip from my eyes. I just couldn’t help it anymore.

“I’m never going to let you go, Alex.” He soothed and I closed my eyes.

“I wish you wouldn’t.”

“If I had the choice…” He started and I opened my eyes again, waiting for him to finish his sentence. He never did, though.

I bit my lip and let the moment linger in my thoughts. I couldn’t ever let go.

-

It was eleven thirty seven at night and I finally got backing. My mother brought me up a suitcase three hours prior and I refused to pack until I was calmed down enough to get my thoughts together. I cried in Jack’s arms until I was ready.

Jack helped me pack my clothes and I grabbed other things that meant a lot. I picked up my guitar that sat in my room, in the corner, for hell knows how long, and set it next to my suitcase. I hadn’t played it in forever and I decided since I wasn’t going to have Jack around while I was in Georgia, I would have to find something to occupy my time.

I scanned the rest of my room, finding a few notebooks with lyrics and other random things written in them and tossed them in my suitcase as well. Also, I set my laptop and its charger in the mess and then helped Jack finish packing my clothes.

He had a sad frown on his face as he dug through my closet for shirts.

“Jack, you okay?” I asked and he turned to me. His eyes were bloodshot and I frowned.

Oh my gosh, he’s been crying.

“You tell me.” He whimpered and I walked over to hug him. I pulled him close to me and did my best to comfort him.

I felt really horrible for him because I was practically leaving him in the dirt directly after I told him I loved him. It hurt so much to see him this way. I did my best to contain my own tears that I know would be threatening to spill out any minute.

We hugged it out for a little bit before he pulled away, without a word, and finished digging through my clothes. I sighed and turned to my bed, seeing Jackery sitting there. I blinked back any tears that formed and reached over and grabbed the caramel bear and held it in my arms.

I stared at its cold, emotionless bead eyes and I frowned. Jackery was a constant reminder of Jack and I loved every bit of it. I loved every memory the bear had brought into my mind every time I looked at it. On the other hand, I hated the feeling I got when I thought about all of the times I’ve spent with Jack and how I was about to throw it all away.

I clutched the bear close to me and watched as Jack, silently, moved on to my dresser where he dug though my jeans. I wasn’t sure why I was letting him pack all my clothes, but I didn’t have a problem with is since he pretty much had the same taste as me.

I stuffed Jackery into my suitcase carefully and after everything was all packed, I zipped it up and sat awkwardly with Jack next to me. He refused to look at me and I felt really bad again.

“Jack, I want you to know that-“ Before I could finish my sentence, he cut me off with a look of sympathy and three quick words.

“I love you.” He whispered and I tried my hardest to smile.

“I love you too, Jack.” I said and he smiled faintly too.

“I love you so much, and saying goodbye to you for a whole year is going to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done.” He whimpered and I felt my eyes stinging with tears.

He was right. Saying goodbye was going to be the hardest thing both of us will have to do.

“I don’t want to have to be forced to say goodbye, but I’m doing it cause I’ll die guilty if you left without me saying it.” He continued and tears flowed down both of our faces now.

I couldn’t believe all this was actually going to happen. I closed my eyes and sniffled, leaning into Jack. He held me and after that, I was about asleep.

Tomorrow was going to suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo, this is the second to last chapter. I've got it all decided and I'm not sure how I could extend this story any more, so this is the second to last chapter. I found this chapter a bit difficult to write and I feel like a horrible person for breaking both their hearts and sending Alex off to Georgia.../sorry/

But on the bright side of this all, there WILL be a sequel. I can't just end it with Alex leaving. That's a horrible cliffhanger and I could never do that to all of you. And on another note, this Friday, I'm getting my nose pierced. I'm extremely excited.

(: Thank you all for the comments, loves. I really appreciate them all.

<3Mary