Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

12

Before she even had a chance to walk toward the door, Sidney busted through the door. He started stumbling around and then looked straight at a shocked Eloise. She started to say something, but Sidney cut her off. “Do, do you know… do you know, did you know-“ he got cut off when he stubbed his toe against her dresser. “Damn it! Fuckin’ dresser,” Eloise realized that he was drunk when he hiccupped after cussing out the dresser.

She sighed and said, “Sidney, you’re drunk. What are you doing?”

“What the hell do you think I’m doin’? I’m in your fuckin’ room talkin’ to yah.” Eloise couldn’t believe what he just said. She had never witnessed him drunk, so this was a new experience for her.

“Sid, calm down, okay? Just calm down,” the only person she ever had to take care of was Liz, and she was an emotional drunk. So she was hoping that she would be able to calm Sidney down.

“No, NO! I want us to… to talk. With- without you… you walkin’ away.”

“Sidney, we’ll talk. I swear, just calm down and sit down on the bed. You’re stumbling around and it’ll be time before you knock something over and break it.”

“Ah, forget it. I’m going home,” he grabbed his keys and was about to make his way out when Eloise snatched it from his hands. “Ellie, what the hell! What the fuck are you doing?”

“You’re not driving home drunk. I will not allow that to happen. You’re either going to take a cab home or stay here, understand?”

“NO! I’m driving home! I don’t care if you like it or not! Give me my keys back!”

Sidney tried to catch Eloise and grab his keys from her, but she moved around the room too fast for him to catch up. He continued to stumble around the room following her when she realized she was cornered. He put both of his hands on either side of her head on the wall and he looked down at her. She couldn’t help but notice how close they were, she put his keys into her back pocket ready to fight him to get off of her.

He moved his head so that his mouth was right next to her ear and started talking, “You think I won’t reach to get my keys out of my back pocket? It’s no use to try and fight me and you know it. I’ve always been stronger than you and if I want my keys then I’ll get them.”

She looked up at him and he smiled a crooked smile. She could feel his breath hit her and noticed how he smelled like alcohol. The last time they had been this close was back when they were dating. She felt like they were in high school all over again and thought back to all of the memories.

Sidney’s face got closer to hers and the butterflies that were in her stomach exploded. She was about to get closer to him when she realized that they weren’t in high school and they weren’t together anymore. She ducked under his arm and stepped away.

“What are we doing, Sidney?”

“I don’t know, Eloise, you tell me. What are we doing?” She looked at him, trying to figure out what he was doing to her.

“Well seeing as how you came into my room, drunk may I add, stumbling around and cussing at me; I figured you would know. I was about to go to bed. By the way, you’re not driving home tonight. You can either call a cab or stay the night.”

“Where would I stay? There are still people out there and to be honest, I don’t really know my address. I just moved last week.”

“Sounds like you get my bed, I’ll take the floor.”

“No, if I’m staying the night. You get the bed, because it’s your bed.”

“Sidney, no.”

He got up from the bed and almost tripped. If anyone were to come in the room, they’d know he was drunk just by looking at him.

“Well then we’ll share the bed. It’s big enough for both of us.”

“Definitely no.”

“Why? It’s not like it’d be the first time.”

“Because I said so,” she was starting to find that she didn’t like it when he referenced the past.

“That’s not an excuse and you know it’s not,” she gave him a pointed look, which meant no. “Please?” His eyes hopeful, but also tired looking, she gave in.

“Fine, but you stay on YOUR side. I mean it. I’m going to grab my clothes and change in the bathroom. When I get back I better not find anything broken. Got it?”

He nodded like a little kid who had just gotten in trouble. She sighed and walked out of her room thinking of how cute he looked when he did that. She changed and did her normal routine of the things she did before bed and when she got out of the bathroom she saw Sidney taking his shirt off.

She shook off her thoughts and got into her side of the bed. She felt a huge shift in the bed as he tried getting comfortable. She ignored it as she moved around getting comfortable as well.

“Ellie, I know this isn’t easy for you. It isn’t for me either, but thank you. You’re still the thoughtful girl I fell in love with,” Sidney whispered. Eloise just stayed put where she was, frozen. She stayed like that until she heard him snore. She then got herself more comfortable when she felt an arm drape around her waist and pull her in.

She tried getting out of his grip, but after five minutes she gave up and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been awhile, I've been super busy. But I'm back. :)