Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

19

Shit! It’s almost 6:30!’ Elle thought. She rushed around the room and tried to finish the rest of her make-up before Sidney arrived. She had bought a dress that Amanda and Liz agreed made her “look hot” in Liz’s words. She slipped on her heels and put one more bobby pin in her hair so she had her half-up/half-down hairdo with curls resting past her shoulders when she heard the doorbell. Elle knew one of the other girls would grab the door as she spritzed her favorite perfume on lightly and grabbed her phone and put it in the clutch and left her room.

She heard Sidney speaking with Amanda and Liz.

“So… what are you intentions with her?” Liz asked.

“Uh, I’m taking her to this dinner and then back here, I guess,” she heard Sidney say.

“No funny business, got it mister? Amanda will be watching you and if I hear that you put one toe out of line, you’ll answer to me.”

Elle walked into the room, “Back off, mom. I’ll be fine, it’s just a dinner with the rest of the team.”

“I know, you know I got to protect what’s mine,” Liz winked.

“Oh, and since when am I yours?”

“Since we had that amazing night together last night,” Liz smirked and then she turned to Sidney, “I swear she’s a tiger in bed, you’re missing out,” and she winked again. Amanda had to do everything she could not to crack up laughing. Sidney just gave a small blush and cracked a smile.

“Okay, freak. We’re leaving now,” Elle took Sidney’s wrist ready to leave the apartment when she noticed that he had flowers in the other hand.

Elle dropped his wrist and mumbled that she was sorry and that she didn’t see the flowers.

Sidney smiled and handed the flowers to her, “I just thought it’d be a nice gesture, you saving me from going dateless. You know?” Elle blushed and nodded, Liz took the flowers and put them in a vase she hugged Liz and told her she would be home later that night and told Amanda she would see her when she got there with Kris.

Sidney had been a perfect gentleman so far, first the flowers and then he opened the door of her apartment complex and then he opened the car door for her and rushed over to his side to start heading to the dinner.

The radio had been on and she could hear Sidney gently tap his finger on the steering wheel. There was a comfortable silence that took over them and started humming to the song on the radio,

“I never did tell you that you looked beautiful tonight, but then again you’re always beautiful,” Elle smiled and gave her thanks.

“So how long is this thing?” she asked.

“Well it starts at 7:15 and they normally last at least until 10, why? Want to get away from as soon as possible? I’m hurt, Ellie,” Sidney pouted playfully. Elle gave a slight laugh and shook her head.

“No, I’m just curious. So how exactly do these things go? You never really told me.”

He chuckled, “Well we usually make small talk with other people, then we all sit down listen to a few speeches, eat dinner and then we dance.”

Elle nodded and then she froze and her eyes got wide, “Wait, did you say dance?”

Sidney tried hard not to smile, but he nodded anyway.

“Sid, turn the car around and take me home.”

“No, Ellie. You’re going and you’re going to dance with me. I thought I had said something earlier when I asked you.”

“Well I wasn’t exactly paying too much attention to that part, but I can’t go. You know I can’t dance!”

Sidney couldn’t help himself anymore and started laughing. He noticed Elle pouting and said, “If it’s any help, it’s just simple slow dancing.”

“Do you not remember prom? Both of them? I stepped on your feet doing simple slow dancing, multiple times!” Sidney lost it; it had been the hardest he had laughed in awhile. “Well I’m glad you find this hilarious because I was embarrassed as hell.”

She felt Sidney pat her hand, “Ellie, you need to relax. I’ll help you as much as I can, I promise,” and he gave her a wide smile. She felt her breath catch in her throat when she felt Sidney touch her hand, she gave him a nervous smile and nodded.

“We had good times together, didn’t we?” he gave her a look wondering where the hell that came from, but brushed it off.

“Yeah, we did. I wouldn’t have had it any other way,” he then realized that their fingers were entangled in the other persons and they were holding hands. He didn’t even realize that he had done it and she didn’t move her hand from his. ‘Maybe there is hope,’ he thought.

Elle on the other hand, had no problem with ignoring what was going on with their hands. She just stared out the window at Pittsburgh in amazement.

“We’re here,” she turned to him and nodded, they slowly let go of each other’s hand and Sidney came around the car and opened the door for her and led her inside of the building.

They were greeted and Sidney made sure to introduce her to all of his teammates. Most of them giving Sidney a smirk or a smile when she wasn’t looking to know they were proud of him for stepping up and asking her to come.

Elle quickly found Amanda who had Kris’ arm wrapped around her waist when they walked in. They were all told to sit shortly thereafter and Sidney whispered in Elle’s ear to follow her and took his hand to put on her back to lead her to where they were sitting. She could feel the tingles on the back of her neck when Sidney did that. They listened to a few speeches and when they were done, they began to eat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for another update! :)