Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

02

There was a faint sound of someone pounding on Eloise’s apartment door. As she got closer she also heard the voice of her best friend, Liz.

“What do you want?”

“I have big news!” Liz said in her excited voice. “I’m moving back to Pittsburgh!”

“What?” Eloise was sad now. Over the past four years the two girls became best friends working together at one of fashions biggest corporations.

“Well one of my friends back home asked me to help her run her store and help her with designs and everything which leads me to another thing.”

“Which is?”

“You’re moving with me!”

“Liz, no.”

“What? Why not? I already told Amanda you would,” giving her signature pouty looks which always made people give in.

“I can’t. We’re here in London, we can’t just leave. And you want to leave so we can start all over again in Pittsburgh? Of all places Pittsburgh,” she couldn’t help but be upset. But it was something Liz did all the time; she’d choose that the two would do something without even asking her. Truth was she didn’t mind, she had nothing here in London except for the view and the few people she liked here. The job wasn’t even that great anymore; she was doing the same thing every day, the only thing good about was the pay. She would’ve agreed to go anywhere, except for Pittsburgh. He was there, she still followed hockey. It was her favorite sport and watching the Penguins made her sad, knowing if she hadn’t of left Sidney, she’d be there through everything. That was the only thing she had regret was breaking up with him.

“Pittsburgh is a great city! Sure it’s not New York or Chicago or LA or…”

“I get it, but no.”

“Elle, I know it’s not the best city, but it’s still a good place to start, we can work our way up from there. And plus, I like my hometown,” she said smiling at her. In the background they both heard a hockey game on the television. It was the pens playing the flyers.

“He shoots, he scores! Pens are up two to one, the shot by Sidney Crosby!”

“That’s it! That’s why you won’t come! God, I was an idiot. Why didn’t I think of that in the first place?” Liz’s outburst had scared Elle.

“What?”

“You won’t come to Pittsburgh because of Sidney," she knew the whole story with Elle and Sidney. When they both met each other at work as interns they shortly became best friends and one night Liz found Elle sobbing in her apartment and she explained the whole story.

“No, it’s not because of him.”

“Yes it is and we both know it. I know when you’re lying to me.”

“I swear it’s not because of him.”

“Then agree to come with me.”

“I can’t just move! We still have to give our notices, look for a place, and pack everything up! We just can’t.”

“We can give our notices tomorrow, we can pack up while working our last two weeks there, and Amanda has a condo that’ll fit the three of us.”

“I don’t even know Amanda.”

“She’s a sweetheart, trust me. You two will get along; now quit making excuses because Sidney’s in Pittsburgh.”

“It’s not that.”

“Yeah right, you are still hung up on him.”

“No I’m not.”

“Then move with me there, it’s a big city. There’s like one in a million chance you’ll see him there.”

When Liz said that, something clicked in Elle’s head. It was true. It was a big city, she could even go to the pens game and he wouldn’t even see her there. There were so many people there that he wouldn’t see her, adding to the fact he didn’t know she would be in the city.

“Okay.”

“Okay?” Liz had a look of excitement on her face again. Elle nodded her head and Liz started jumping around her apartment chanting “We’re moving we’re moving” over and over again.

Elle felt butterflies in her stomach hoping she made the right decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been awhile. I have practice every day and yeah lol. Let me know what you think. :)

Liz Gunderson