Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

03

Two weeks later and everything was packed and ready to go. The movers kept coming in and out of her apartment and would be ready to send overseas. It had been four years since she had last been on a different continent. She and Liz worked their last two weeks, in fact today was their last day.

She wasn’t ready for all this, but Liz had assured her that everything would be great and that she and Amanda would get along. And in thirty minutes Liz was picking her up in a cab so they could head to their flight which would be in five hours. As Elle got lost in her thoughts, she finally snapped out of them when she heard the cabbie honk and Elle looked around her apartment and shut the door for the last time.

“You look amazing!”

“Liz, no I don’t. We’re just going to the airport and we’re flying on the redeye. So I’m getting sleep.”

“Awh, no! The night flights are ALWAYS the best.”

“I’m not getting jet lag when we get there.”

“Oh sheesh. You’re always the one to be paranoid.”

The cabbie put Elle’s bags into the trunk and headed to the airport. On the way there, Elle just stared out the window looking at everything she’d miss about London. Liz just sat next to Elle talking her ear off. Elle looked into the rearview mirror and noticed the cab driver was getting annoyed with Liz’s voice. This wasn’t exactly rare.

“Hey Liz?”

“Yeah?”

“Shut up,” Liz just looked away and pouted knowing when Elle said shut up, she really meant shut up. Elle felt bad because normally that never happened, but when it did Liz turned into a grouchy pants. The whole way to the airport there was only one thing Elle was truly worried about.

Like seeing Sidney Crosby again.

But like Liz had said, Pittsburgh is a pretty big city, and it’d be unlikely if they ran into each other. Another thing Elle was worried about was if she did see Sidney again, what would she say to him?

She couldn’t exactly apologize; she just left him with a broken heart.

But it wasn’t like he came after her, he just stood there.

Then again, he shouldn’t of had to come after her. He had no clue, and she knew he was in shock. Then again, the way she told him was completely rude and surprising for him. She just had no clue what she would say.

“Alright, we’re here,” the cab driver broke the silence. The girls both got out of the car and got their luggage from him and paid him so he left. They walked into the busy airport and got their things checked and they checked into their flight.

Liz turned to Elle with a smile, so much for grouchy pants huh?

“No matter what happens after today, we’ll be best friends forever?”

“Liz, seriously? That’s something a twelve year old would say.”

“So? I don’t care. I want a promise from you.”

“Fine, we’ll be best friends forever.”

“Pinky promise?”

“Yes!” The girls crossed their pinkies together and made the promise. Even when Elle was nervous, Liz always found a way to make her smile.

”FLIGHT 406 is ready to board! FLIGHT 406 is ready to board at gate 59!”

Liz sighed, “I guess that’s us, huh?”

“Yeah it is,” and with that the girls took off for their flight, got on board, and left for Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this took so long. And I'm sorry it's short. I've just been super busy. I'll try to make the next chapter sooner and longer. Don't forget to let me know what you think, thanks! :)