Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

04

“Please keep your seatbelts on until the airplane has made a complete stop and then grab your carryon’s and exit in an orderly fashion. Thank you for flying International Airlines, have a great day,” is what rang throughout the plane as the girls got ready to get off.

Eloise was nervous; this would be her first time meeting Amanda, but Liza assured her that everything would be okay once they arrived at their new apartment. The girls walked out of the plane and down the hall connected to the airplane when she saw a huge crowd of people. She looked around but didn’t know who to look for until she heard someone yelling her name.

“Liz, Eloise!” Liz heard it first and grabbed Eloise’s wrist dragging her towards the source of the yelling. Finally, she looked at the person who was calling their names. She was a slim girl with long leg, long brunette hair, and brown eyes. At first she was intimidated, but then the girl smiled.

“Hi, I’m Amanda,” she said.

“Eloise,” she was never that well at meeting people, but after awhile she would lighten up.

“Just call her Elle, everyone always has,” Liz piped up.

Amanda laughed, and replied with an okay. They all agreed that they should get the rest of their luggage and head back to the three bedroom apartment to start unpacking. It was a fifteen minute drive of listening to Liz talk about how excited she was for the shop and that she was glad that they were going to be living together.

When they finally arrived, Elle glanced up at the building and couldn’t help but look at how much better it looked than their old apartment in London. Then she started to feel the excitement that Liz was feeling and was definitely feeling better about agreeing with Liz to move.

“Home sweet home, huh?” Liz said as she nudged her arm. “Let’s go take a look inside.”

Liz and Amanda started into the building as Elle followed. They all got into the elevator and Amanda hit the level their apartment was on. Once they got out of the elevator, Amanda unlocked the door to show that the moving company had dropped off their things a few days prior.

“Holy moly, this place is much better than our old apartment, right Elle?” Liz said.

“Oh yeah this place is much better than our old one.”

Amanda couldn’t help, but to laugh and said, “this place is better than most, it’s better than my old apartment too. I thought we could use some excitement in our lives.” They all laughed together and started off to unpack their things in their own rooms.

After a few hours later, Elle decided she couldn’t handle unpacking anymore so she decided that she wanted to get some coffee.

“Amanda, Liz?”

“Yeah?” Amanda replied.

“I’m going out for some coffee, I can’t stand unpacking anymore. Where’s the nearest coffee shop?”

“Okay, take a right when you get out of the building and it should be two blocks over on Jefferson Street. It’s a Starbucks.”

“Okay, thanks. Want anything?”

“Yeah, I want a vanilla latte. Should I ask Liz?”

“No, she hates coffee, but I’ll see you later.”

Elle put on some shoes and pulled on a jacket and grabbed a key to the apartment, her wallet, and phone and went to the coffee shop. She got there ten minutes later and got in line. She heard the door close right behind and a man talking on his phone.

“Yeah, tell Staal I’ll be there in a few. Yeah man, see you later. Bye.” He hung up the phone and fiddled around with his keys. Seriously, how long can making coffee take? She thought to herself. She finally made her way up the line.

“Hi, can I get a regular vanilla latte and a regular vanilla bean cappuccino to go please?”

“Yes, your total will be five eighty six and if you’ll wait to your left a little, they’ll be ready to go.”

“Okay, thank you.” Elle moved over to where the employee said and looked around the shop a little more when she heard the employee say, “Hello, Mr. Crosby, the usual?”

“Yes please, and you can call me Sidney,” he said.

Elle felt her eyes go wide, all the color drain from her face, and her heart started to pound. She had to get out of here, fast.

“Here you go ma’am, your drinks are ready.”

“Thank you so much,” she said. She grabbed her drinks and as she turned around she ran into someone and spilt her drinks all over them. “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry. I wasn’t watching where I was going and I did not mean to spill my drinks all over you.”

She grabbed napkins and heard the person she ran into chuckle, “It’s no problem, really.”

She looked up and saw the eyes of the man she had been avoiding after four years. He looked down with a shocked expression, “Eloise?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that it's been so long. But I'm back and one of my New Year's Resolutions was to start posting some more.

Amanda Kiddick