Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

05

“Hi Sidney,” Eloise said, she started to glance around to see that all eyes were on them.

“Long time no see huh?”

“Yeah, I guess so. Look, I’m really sorry about spilling my drinks on you, but I have to go. See you around,” she said. The last thing Eloise wanted to do was see him again, especially after the way he left him the first time. She felt so embarrassed that she quickly ran out and headed back to the apartment hoping she was going the right way.

“Ellie, wait up!”

She knew exactly who was saying her name. Sidney was the only person who ever called her Ellie. She didn’t feel like saying anything to him so she kept walk, well speed walking actually.

“Ellie, stop. Please, just wait up! Seriously quit running away.”

She didn’t dare turn her head around, that would only make things worse for her. She could only see the people that would turn their heads to watch the whole encounter. Finally, she felt someone’s hand on her arm and turn her around.

“El, stop. Why are you avoiding me?” She kept her head down to the ground. Looking at the shoes she decided to wear today. She felt Sidney’s finger on her chin and he gently moved her head so her eyes would look into his. “Ellie, why are you making this so much harder than it has to be?”

“Because I never thought I’d run into you. I thought if I avoided all the popular places, I would never see you again.”

“But why?” She never wanted to say it.

“Look, I’m sorry. But I really do have to go. My friends are waiting for me,” his face pushed together and she could tell he was upset. She thought that knowing him, he would make her stay because that’s how he always had been.

“Alright fine, I hope I see you around later,” he turned around and walked away. She was completely shocked. Never in a million years did she think he would give up so easily. Back when they were dating when something happened, he never gave up until he found the source of the problem. But then again, it had been four years and in those four years things could change.

The only thing that didn’t change was her feelings.

She watched as Sidney kept walking until he finally disappeared. He never looked back once. Right then, she felt horrible. She started regret a lot of things she tried to once put off feeling. She started back to her apartment when it started to rain. She never noticed how dark it had gotten so she grabbed her purse and put it on top of her head and started to run.

When she finally arrived back, she stood under the roof the of apartment complex and watched the rain. She started thinking back to when her and Sidney were dating, she felt horrible about the way she had broken up with him. It was right then she wished she would see him again. She wanted to apologize for how heartless she had been when she left.

She walked up the stairs and went into the apartment. She looked straight ahead and saw Amanda and Liz watching TV.

“Eloise, what happened? Are you okay?” Liz said.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just got rained on.”

“Then why are you crying?” Eloise brought her hand up to her eyes and felt water that wasn’t the rain. She looked over to the mirror by the door and saw her eyes red. She hadn’t even realized that she was crying.

“Oh, it’s a long story. I don’t feel like talking about it now.”

“Are you sure? We’re here if you want to talk,” Amanda said.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Okay, but quick question. Didn’t you go to starbucks?”

“Yeah? Why?”

“Where are our drinks?”

“Oh, that. I- I- Well, I-… Well it’s a long story.”

Liz looked a little taken back when she said, “What exactly happened?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel so horrible! I promise this time that I'll update more often. I really do feel bad.