Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

06

“I saw Sidney, at starbucks,” Amanda’s face was blank and Liz’s eyes looked as if they had bulged out of her head.

“Wait- Sidney Crosby? Your ex?” Liz said.

“Wait a minute, Sidney Crosby is you ex? The hockey player from the Penguins right?” Amanda said. That’s when her eyes bulged out of her head.

“Yeah, that’s just about it,” Eloise said.

“Okay, so what happened? What did he say? What did you say? Did you guys do anything? Come on spill!” Liz was definitely anxious to find out.

“Wait, what happened that you guys broke up?” Amanda asked.

Eloise looked at Liz, when she realized Liz knew part of the story, not the whole thing. Liz looked at her before saying, “You only told me half of it, not the whole thing. What did happen, I only knew some of it.”

“Well, me and Sidney first met when we were lab partners in Chemistry our junior year.”

Eloise sat in her chair on the first day while her Chemistry teacher; Mr. Landon was assigning lab partners for the year along with going over the syllabus for the year as well.

“Well now that we’re done with the syllabus, I will now tell you who your lab partner is going to be,” Mr. Landon said. The class groaned, Eloise sat there spacing off until she heard her name. “Eloise Smith, you’re with Sidney Crosby.”

Who is that? She thought. I’ve never even heard of him.

“Now will you please go to your assigned partners, you will be sitting next to them for the rest of the year,” he said.

Eloise didn’t know where to go because she didn’t even know what this person even looked like. She looked around the class confused so she just sat still in her chair and hopefully her partner would find her.

“Hi, are you Eloise?” she turned around to find that the voice owned to a guy. A cute guy with a nice smile.

“Yeah, I’m guessing you’re Sidney then huh?” she smiled back at him.

“Yep.”

“Oh, so how’d you guess it was me?”

“Well I’ve heard of you before,” he looked away with a light blush.

“Really? How?”

“Well you’re friends with Tina right? My friend is dating her and when she mentioned you, I didn’t know who you were so she showed me.”

“Oh,” that’s kind of creepy, why would Tina want to show him who I am?

“Yeah,” the conversation dulled when the teacher announced that they were starting their first lesson. The class groaned and he began teaching.


“So that’s how you met?” Amanda said.

“Yeah, nothing special or anything.”

“Then how did you guys get close and then start dating?”

“Well we just bonded over the year,”

It was the second semester and Chemistry had become Eloise’s favorite class. Not because of the subject, but because of the light haired boy with the infectious smile that happened to be her lab partner. As bell rang she started down the hall to her next class, Chemistry. When she walked into her class she heard a guy yell.

“Ellie!” she walked in to find Sidney sitting in the spot next to hers with a big smile on his face.

“Ellie? I’ve never heard that one before. And I thought I told you that you could call me Elle?” she laughed; Sidney always had a way of making her day feel better.

“Well, everyone calls you either Elle or Eloise. I’ve never heard anyone call you Ellie, and I wanted to give you a nickname that no one else calls you.”

“Really? Why?”

“Because it makes me feel special,” he puffed out he chest and looked her way trying to masculine.

Eloise laughed and started to get out her notebooks and pencils. Sidney was always forgetting supplies. So Eloise just took it upon her to bring stuff for him.

“Here you go, Mr. Forgetful,” she smiled.

“Is that my nickname? I give you something cute to fit your personality and I get Mr. Forgetful? Okay, I get it,” Did he just say I was cute? Or well my personality was cute? She blushed. She thought she would get brave and ask what she just thought.

“So does that mean you think I’m cute?” she blushed again.

“Well, yeah. Who wouldn’t?” he smiled at her. “Hey, do you have any plans tonight?”

“No, I actually don’t. Why?” she blushed. She couldn’t believe he was asking her out.

“Well I have a hockey game tonight, and I was wondering if you would like to come watch? Then after we can get ice cream or something?”

“Yeah, I’d like that.”

“Okay, want to meet up after school by your locker and then we’ll hang out at my house after school until we have to leave for my game?”

“Sure,” she smiled. Today was definitely was her favorite day.


“So how did the date go?” Amanda said. She was really into the story.

“Um, well we just played video games until he had to get ready. Then he got hurt at his game and had to go to the emergency room. My mom had to pick me up from the place they were playing at. The date was good until then. But the next day at school, Sidney showed up with a dislocated jaw and ice cream in his hand. He felt horrible, but it was really sweet. Then he asked me out, I said yes obviously,” Eloise smiled and looked down at her hands. She was fiddling her fingers around the other.

“Oh my god, you still have feelings for him!” Liz yelled. Eloise looked up shocked and started stammering. “You can not lie to me, I know you do!”

“Who cares? I want to hear the rest,” Eloise looked at Amanda, thankful that she interrupted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here's another chapter. I'm trying to get the hang of writing a new chapter everyday and updating every day because I feel bad for leaving some of you guys that actually read this. So obviously the bold is Eloise's thoughts, and the italics are the past.