Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

08

Eloise laughed, Sidney saying that made her feel uncomfortable. Even though she knew it was true. That was one of the reasons why she fell in love with Sidney. But she would never admit that now that they weren’t together.

“Whatever,” Eloise had never been good at words.

“So uh, how’s it been after four years?”

“Good, I’ve been busy. I’ve been living in London the past four years. You?”

“Uh, good. I’ve been living here, playing hockey, you know that stuff. But why London? And why did you move here?”

She knew that now was better time than later to apologize for leaving him and for telling him why she left with just a goodbye.

“Look, I’m really sorry I broke up with you the day of graduation. I felt horrible and I still do. I never truly thought it through. I went to London because that’s where my dream school was. I ended up working for a major fashion company, but my friend Liz brought us here because her, well now our, friend Amanda wants us to help her run a store. So now I’m here,” Eloise said. She looked away from Sidney and to the dance floor where she saw Liz and Amanda dancing with the guys they had met at the bar and then back to Sidney.

“Wait, dream school? How did I not know about this? We shared everything Ellie, everything. I don’t ever remember you telling me about your dream school. You told me you wanted to go to the community college in our town and then wherever my hockey career took me, you’d go to school there. We had everything planned. So why?” Sidney clearly was upset, but Ellie couldn’t believe he remembered everything.

“Sidney, I didn’t tell you about my dream school because you had already come up with the plan that you told me. I knew if I told you about London, it would upset you. I mean look at you, you’re still upset.”

“Well what did you expect? You ran out on me. If you had told me about London, we would have worked something out.”

“No, you would have talked me out of it. We were in high school Sidney. Did you really want a relationship on two different continents?”

“Yes! I did, because if we did that I’d still be with you! Today would have been different. Eloise, do you know how many times I thought about you these past four years? How many times just today I thought of you? You’re always on my mind.”

Eloise had nothing to say, she couldn’t believe Sidney had just said that. She felt even worse about leaving him. The only thing she could think of was leaving yet again. It seemed like running was something she did best.

“Sorry, I’m going to go. It was nice to see you Sidney. Good luck this season,” and with that she got up from the table and approached Liz and Kris.

“Hey, I’m going to go. I’m grabbing a taxi back to the apartment and I’ll see you whenever,” Eloise walked away before Liz could say anything. She walked out of the club trying to find a cab and was consider walking home before someone put their hand on her shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe. :)