Gunslinger

Sidewinder

Bella's POV

My brother and I talked for a little while in Italian. By the time that we had hung up on each other, I was about ready to scream, cry, and anything else I could think of. Jimmy pulled me into another hug while I took out my frustrations on his chest before I just collapsed into a crying mess.
“What's wrong Bella?” Jimmy asked softly.
“My parents are coming to Huntington Beach in two weeks. They want to make sure that Zack is taking care of me and that you meet their standards. Which I can tell you now, you do not meet my father's standards” I sobbed softly.
“And what are your father's standards?” Jimmy asked with a chuckle.
“No tattoos, no piercings, a good upstanding well-paying job, and only drinks on Fridays after a long week of working. He thinks that 'upstanding men' should only drink wine and an occasional beer” I said. He laughed a bit.
“Well I have wine occasionally, love beer, and have a well-paying job. I love my tattoos and my piercing, and drink whenever I want” Jimmy said with a smile.
“And I love you the way you are. I think I would get bored if you were how my father wanted you to be. No tattoos to trace while you're sleeping, and no random ideas that only you can come up with would be like taking the peanut butter away from a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.” I said looking up at him. He smiled more and kissed my lips.
“What about your mom?”
“She'll interrogate you until she gets either proof that you're in love with me, or proof that you aren't. If she thinks that you aren't but there isn't enough proof that would convince me, which only you can convince me that, then she'll rely on my father to drive you away or make me come home.”
“Well then we're going to have to make them both happy now won't we. What about your brother?”
“He will threaten you but probably will accept you into the family once he sees us together and how we interact. He never really cared who I dated as long as I was happy.”
We sat on the floor together for a while before I decided that we should get some dinner. Jimmy suggested pizza, which made me laugh since we hadn't had that since that first night we stayed together, but I thought it would be nice to invite his parents to go out to dinner to give them the ultrasound. He got up to call his parents while I put the ultrasound we were keeping in the small container that I had held the previous ultrasounds, that I had only recently thrown out. Jimmy came up and sat next to me.
“They agreed. We're meeting them at Olive Garden in an hour.” Jimmy said before placing a kiss on my forehead.
I got up to check myself over but Jimmy grabbed my hand and pulled me into him. He laughed as I squeaked. He hadn't pulled me hard it just surprised me. I laughed as he made me sit on his lap and placed multiple small kisses up and down my neck.
“Baby we have to get ready to meet your parents” I said as he kissed up my jaw towards my lips.
“We have an hour” he replied with a smirk.
“It takes half an hour to get there. And I would rather your mom not see a hickey on my neck” I told him, wiggling out of his grip and going into the bathroom.
“Babe” he whined, I could even hear the pout on his lips while he said it.
“Nope. That's what gave us this baby sweetie” I called as I redid my eye liner.

We left shortly after I fixed my make up. As we pulled up I saw Jimmy's parents waiting outside. We walked over to them after parking the car. Both hugged us and we walked inside. After being seated and ordering drinks, Jimmy gave his father the ultrasound. They both congratulated us with warm smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?