‹ Prequel: The Natives

Dove and Grenade

Fifteen

I felt a hand touch my side, and my mouth twitched up in a smile. His lips touched my cheek, and I felt him leave me. I put my hand on his, but I let it fall from mine. I figured he knew what I meant by it.

I drew my knees up to my chest and opened my eyes. He still stood, leaning against the doorway, and he smiled at me. I smiled back at him, not being able to look away from him.

He was perfect. In every way, he was perfect. Even as he turned and walked away from me. My eyes never left the place where he'd been standing. I shivered, and I pulled myself up to the window.

I did it every year on Christmas. I'd look out my window, hoping to see that it had snowed. I was always disappointed; it never snows in LA. It just always seemed like something I should do. Maybe one day it would snow. Not today.

I heard Matt downstairs in the kitchen, singing a Beastie Boys song. I grinned. That man... I sat up, hugging the sheets to my chest.

The way last night ended was unreal. I still didn't know if I'd been dreaming or not, but I'd never had sex like that before. It was the most real thing I've ever done, but I still couldn't believe it. I hoped it had been present enough considering that's all I had for him. Judging by the way he'd looked at me, I'm sure it had been more than enough.

I glanced around and spotted the effects of last night- the flimsy panties and the torn lingerie. To allow his mouth to continue exploring my body, he'd attempted to pull it off but only succeeded in ripping it. It had only been bought for a one-time use anyway.

I pulled on the shirt nearest to me- Matt's, imagine that- and I slipped on some black sweatpants. I looked out the window again, in time to hear Matt call for me.

"Karaaa," he shouted.

I grinned from ear to ear and started walking down to the kitchen. I heard him continuing to sing more Beastie Boys, making me giggle a little. He must have heard me because he poked his head out of the kitchen.

"Would you like hot chocolate or coffee to drink this morning?" he asked.

"Hot chocolate sounds delicious, Matty," I giggled.

He kissed my forehead and said, "Alright, go sit down in the dining room and wait for me."

"Me? Wait for you?" I asked. "What are you doing in there, my love?"

"You'll see," he chuckled.

I shook my head, but I did as he asked. He had just given me the night of my life. The least I could do was sit down in the dining room for him. I waited anxiously for him, constantly checking behind me. Maybe I'd get to see in the kitchen if I just leaned over a little more.

"No peeking!" Matt shouted.

I turned back around, crossing my arms. Soon, the scent of eggs and bacon and pancakes and some other foods came wafting into the room. Matt came in the room and set down my hot chocolate, and he smiled devilishly. I stuck out my tongue.

"Stop dragging it out, Matt!" I laughed.

"It will be worth it," he replied, leaving me.

I tapped my foot impatiently for what seemed like ages before he set down a plate of breakfast. He sat across from me with his plate and smiled. I blushed and thanked him.

"You don't have to thank me for anything, Kara," he said. "I think that was the best gift I've ever gotten."

He chuckled and picked up his fork. I smiled and ran a hand through my hair. I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what. Instead, I picked up my fork and began eating.

It was delicious. No- it was fucking awesome. Why had he never cooked before? I all but shoved it all in my mouth. I was starving, and I had a pretty good idea why.

"I loved the Christmas present, Kara," Matt said.

I held back a smile through the piece of bacon I shoved in my mouth. He grinned.

"Judging by the sounds you made, you loved it too," he chuckled.

I blushed and said, "I'm not used to having your tongue in me so much."

"Felt good, huh?" he said.

I let the smile come this time. Why deny what was so evident? He stood up, though he wasn't finished. My eyes followed him, but he motioned for me to stay where I was.

"I've got something for you, too," he said.

"Something else, you mean?" I giggled.

He laughed, "Something that doesn't require either one of us to take our clothes off."

"Where's the fun in that?" I asked as he walked away. I shrugged, and I stuck another bite of eggs in my mouth, chewing slowly.

"Close your eyes," came a whisper behind me.

I set my fork down and sighed, but I did as I was told. After only a few seconds, I felt something cold against my neck, then Matt's fingers against the base if my head. He gave my shoulders a light squeeze, and I heard him sit down across from me.

"You can open your eyes now, pretty girl," he chuckled.

I didn't hesitate. My fingers were around my neck in an instant, and I felt a thin gold chain. I slid my fingers down it, and they found a pendant hanging against my chest. I lifted it to look at it. It was a golden heart, diamonds wrapping around one side and a silver band looping in and out of the diamonds.

I looked up at Matt and said, truthfully, "You didn't have to, but I love it."

"Well, I love you," Matt said.

"I love you, Matty," I said.

"Hey, Kara?" Matt said.

"Yeah?"

"...Merry Christmas."
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, wanted this out around Christmas. Obviously we see how well that worked.

Comments will be dutifully rewarded. And you will be getting a monster of a conflict. Well, okay, as monster as it gets without dying or getting physically harmed.